Ridiculously difficult

Hi everyone. I just started this game and I'm finding it very difficult even on easy mode. Maybe I'm doing something wrong or I'm only at the very beginning. Is there any advice you can provide? I'm quite worried about getting almost every star mission since hard mode is always required. Thanks!

• 2 months later...

It happened the same to me. Everything so difficult even on easy and I thought WTF?! How can I even think to do this on hard?

But after a while, as you get used to play, you'll know when to block and when to attack; and your attacks will probably be: Smash Attack: High :square::square::square::square::triangle:+:l3:? and Super Attacks (Move Right Joystick up down left or right).

Believe me, I was freaked out too, but in the end I was really surprised to realise that it is much easier than it seems in the beginning; after you spent some time understanding how to move, the game will change.

• Like 3

• 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...
4 minutes ago, whirring_ said:

it absolutely insane how difficult this game is. 

Like some other people Said you have to Play for quite a bit until it Klicks. After that it becomes really easy actually. 

Comes from someone who is absolutely atrocious at fighting Games.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bossi15 said:

Like some other people Said you have to Play for quite a bit until it Klicks. After that it becomes really easy actually. 

Comes from someone who is absolutely atrocious at fighting Games.

maybe, i don't know about it ever being really easy. i've put in a decent amount of time at this point and there are fights on hard that are defintely managable and then there are some where the AI is so ridiculously overtuned that i'm literally just sitting there watching them spam kick me around the map. from what i've heard too, some of the battle trials get significantly harder. 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 16/02/2023 at 7:38 AM, Copanele said:

I too thought this game was ridiculously unfair...until I discovered how braindead the AI can be on Hard difficulty.

You can deal with the AI in 2 ways :

A. The AI sucks at defending, is very good with projectiles:

• Being near the enemy, while holding the :l3: towards the enemy, press :square:x2 or 3 times, followed by a slightly charged :triangle:
  • The moment the enemy is launched , quickly press :cross: + mash :square: , you will do that "speedy" animation followed by teleporting and kicking the AI around.
  • If the enemy is down, fire a projectile at it by moving the :r3: up or right (you have to figure out which of the supers is a projectile)
  • If the AI does the same to you, timing the :r1:  right before he hits you will teleport you behind him and you can resume your punishment.

B. The AI is a monster at attacking and defending:

• Run away, preferably behind a rock or something.
  • Charge your ki to max with :down: (don't do that as Chiaotzu however)
  • Wait for the enemy to either fire a projectile or get close to you
  • Use your ultimate by pressing down :r3: orrr a beam attack.

This is what I used for the entire Saiyan Saga and 3/4 of the Frieza saga and no matter the enemy, they fall prey to the same trick. The only MAJOR inconvenient will be the goddamn camera (hope you don't have motion sickness), because it will ALWAYS focus on the enemy and you'll end up being stuck in Goku's cheeks or something.

This is an awful game, glad the AI can be exploited though. 

This doesn’t work… maybe you can pull this off in the saiyan saga but after that the AI gets better at everything and you have to be really good with R1 timing. It’s ridiculous. Not to mention the AI gets insane handicaps, you’ll have 2 health bars and the AI with 7… plus they give you shit characters with bad moves making it even harder

Edited by DeidaraSasori

4 minutes ago, DeidaraSasori said:

This doesn’t work… maybe you can pull this off in the saiyan saga but after that the AI gets better at everything and you have to be really good with R1 timing. It’s ridiculous. Not to mention the AI gets insane handicaps, you’ll have 2 health bars and the AI with 7… plus they give you shit characters with bad moves making it even harder

I managed to apply this stupid strategy for most fights in the end, not just the first Sagas.

HOWEVER as you said...there's sometimes some handicaps that drive you insane. AND there are some rare instances when the AI just decides that "yep it's time for you to die" xD 

You do get better...but it takes a fuckton of practice. Worst part yet, the Sagas on Hard mode ain't even the hardest part of the game...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1