Suggestion: Change back the layout on our PSN profiles or give the option to do it

Which layout would you preffer?  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Which layout would you preffer?

• Bring back the old layout
    • Keep the new one
    • Change it to a different layout

Yeah I definitely agree on this. Just looks really odd to me. It’s all good it looking better in the series and the games list but I’m pretty sure our main profile pages are more frequently looked at than these areas. As you agree, I also liked it when the colour of your psn profile was the same colour as the list of games and trophies on your profile page, which randomly got removed. I’m not one to complain too much, but it seems like good features get removed a lot for pretty unnecessary ones.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Paleblood said:

What I don't get is why some games still display the console on the left side?

If the intention was to have a conherent visual representation of the stats, why is it so messy here?

That's how it would have looked, bottom one is how it'll look now

4 minutes ago, Paleblood said:

What I don't get is why some games still display the console on the left side?

Most likely for games of the series, which you don't have in your trophy list (yet), thus having 0%.

But I agree, it should be cohesive in the end - but it's still a feature in development :)

Just now, Sly Ripper said:

That's how it would have looked, bottom one is how it'll look now

Oh, ok sorry, got it wrong there.

The displayed dates should be customizable imo as many suggested. Users outside of america will most likely preffer DD/MM/JJ. (Don't know if you read my already edited post)

1 minute ago, Paleblood said:

Oh, ok sorry, got it wrong there.

The displayed dates should be customizable imo as many suggested. Users outside of america will most likely preffer DD/MM/JJ. (Don't know if you read my already edited post)

I don't think the date format matters when the month is spelled out fully anyway.

It's only really a problem when it's ambiguous, like 05/06/2005

20 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

Plus it just doesn't fit. The completion date is moving all over the place because of the different amounts of platforms between each entry on the list.

This is the main thing I dislike about the change. I like the "All X Trophies"/"X of Y Trophies" text being underneath the completion percentage and trophy type breakdown, but switching the placements of the last earned date and the system labels has made the completion time text look quite messy.

I think I'd fix it by making another column for the system labels next to the new date column. It wouldn't match the other pages, but it would still keep most of the information on the right without making the left messy. Having the completion text below the system labels could work too, but it looks kinda messy to me.

psnp-style1.png

vs.

psnp-style2.png

• Like 1

For the series layout, I prefer the top one instead of the bottom one.

And I hope we can choose how our psn list looks like because I don't like the newer design. It looks kind of lopsided on the right, and it seems redundant to included total trophies earned right below the image of the individual trophies. EDIT: Now I'm wondering if it was like that before, and I just got used to it?

Edited by Edunstar84
  • Like 3

hmmm...historically, i barely ever check profiles so gonna just vote on what the majority agree with...I honestly couldn't even tell the difference between old/new upon having a look at the changes...i do have to say though that i'm not a fan of this upcoming "series" thing or whatever unless it's optional or on a separate page or something...in the end, I'll live with whatever changes are made...the impact on my site use would be nearly non-existent and the likelihood of noticing that they even occurred is very slight...that being said, i do appreciate the effort being made to update the site and hope to see more changes in the future that appeal to what a majority would consider "improvement"...cheers...

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

My issue with the new layout is the placement of the console tags and how it's on the same line as "Completed in X". Makes it look a bit messy in my opinion.

Adding onto this, it looks worse on mobile thanks to the line break.

AvGUanm.png

Is it possible just to move the whole "Completed in X" line to the one below? I think that might look better.

I highly prefer the old one, and my reason is below.

Spoiler

Text                               PS3 

Text                               PS4 / VITA

Text                               PS4

PS3 Text

PS4 / VITA Text

PS4 Text

An option to alternate would be enough.

EDIT: My suggestion is the following: to create a new section containing the platforms, but this way:

Platform |         | 

Platform | Date | Rank

Platform |         |

I think they will fit.

Edited by Neyaru
  • Like 1

Here is an idea. Why not put the platform icon on the far left side and leave the rest as it is now. That way you have the platform out of the way and the game icon and name moves a bit inward, making the whole section a bit more compact and probably easier to read. Like this ...

PS4 La7d402.png Game & trophy information

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Durandal said:

Here is an idea. Why not put the platform icon on the far left side and leave the rest as it is now. That way you have the platform out of the way and the game icon and name moves a bit inward, making the whole section a bit more compact and probably easier to read. Like this ...

PS4 La7d402.png Game & trophy information

A6V7OTU.png

CgdmVKy.png

• Like 1