Suggestion: Change back the layout on our PSN profiles or give the option to do it

Which layout would you preffer?  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Which layout would you preffer?

• Bring back the old layout
    • Keep the new one
    • Change it to a different layout

3 minutes ago, Saionji said:

I created a poll, feel free to vote. Hopefully it will help determine if we can get the old layout back :)

Has a change ever been undone on this site?

I remember Sly once disgreeing with someone who told him "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Although I suppose in this case it's more like "If it ain't broke, don't break it"

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Shadiochao said:

I remember Sly once disgreeing with someone who told him "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Although I suppose in this case it's more like "If it ain't broke, don't break it"

I see, I didnt knew that.

1 minute ago, Sly Ripper said:

It wont

At least we will get something different. Anything is better imo

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

ps3trophies.com hasn't changed since I left in 2011. That saying is worthless

• Like 1

I personally like the newest version (the one suggested by mekktor that's now active). It looks really elegant and has all related info together. And it works fine on mobile too.

Personally, I think this way is better than the old version as well. I wasn't a huge fan of the version that was there earlier today (mostly because of the dates not being aligned as you look down the list), but I'd have probably got used to it, given time. But I actually really it like the way it is now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Potent_Delusions said:

The big part for me is the "All 50 trophies" bit under the 100%. It just looks so out of place there. The old format looked a lot better there because it really emphasized the percentage you were sitting at, now it just looks like it's a spare part when surrounded by a sea of stats and figures.

I'm not being rude; this is just my honest feeling on that particular design choice.

I personally think it works for games not at 100%, since the percentage is based on trophy points rather than the actual number of trophies compared to the total, which skews the data a bit. So I actually like having it there, though judging by the thread I'm probably in the minority. But I'm pretty sure that info was always there, but it was at the left instead?

For games at 100%, I agree it's a little obsolete but I don't think it's a massive deal having reaffirmation that I got all the trophies.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Sly Ripper said:

ps3trophies.com hasn't changed since I left in 2011. That saying is worthless

just wanted to state publicly here that ps3trophies.com is total a$$ compared to this site...can't believe it still exists...if that is the standard we're trying to live up to I'm gonna have to downgrade my pc to windows 3.1...

edit : I remember the gta iv guide...the person who wrote it doesn't even have the plat...if you'd like to see what kind of bs used to pass as fact for the MP stuff, I'd recommend it...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 1

Just now, Kristycism said:

I personally think it works for games not at 100%, since the percentage is based on trophy points rather than the actual number of trophies compared to the total, which skews the data a bit. So I actually like having it there, though judging by the thread I'm probably in the minority. But I'm pretty sure that info was always there, but it was at the left instead?

For games at 100%, I agree it's a little obsolete but I don't think it's a massive deal having reaffirmation that I got all the trophies.

I like the stat, it's great, but the POSITION is bad. That's what I meant. It used to look way better being over on the left. The % bar area is too cluttered now. it used to stand out as the centerpiece on the right hand side, now it's mixed in with other stats. The left hand side is looking barren.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sly Ripper said:

And to look better in the (coming soon) series:

V95JYt3.png

vs

hg5qelD.png

What exactly are the "stages" referenced here? At first, I assumed they were placeholders for game names to group stacks, but then Golden Abyss and Fight for Fortune are in the same stage in the Uncharted series even though they explicitly aren't stacks and are in fact entirely different games, and in different genres no less.

1 minute ago, Potent_Delusions said:

I like the stat, it's great, but the POSITION is bad. That's what I meant. It used to look way better being over on the left. The % bar area is too cluttered now. it used to stand out as the centerpiece on the right hand side, now it's mixed in with other stats. The left hand side is looking barren.

Ah okay, I must have misunderstood you before - my bad! Sorry about that!

I actually think it's better where it is because it keeps all the related data together rather than at opposite sides, but that's obviously just personal preference. The world would be boring if we were all the same! But it does make it impossible to find a design we all agree on, unfortunately :( I'm just glad I'm not the one making the decisions!

I do agree with you though that it adds unnecessary clutter for 100% games, and could be removed altogether for games at 100% and clean up that side of the page where there are a lot of completed games. But I do like having the % and the number of trophies together for the games not at 100% so I can quickly see all the info I need/want regarding how much I've still got to do in one place, rather than split to opposite sides.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Walt the Dog said:

What exactly are the "stages" referenced here? At first, I assumed they were placeholders for game names to group stacks, but then Golden Abyss and Fight for Fortune are in the same stage in the Uncharted series even though they explicitly aren't stacks and are in fact entirely different games, and in different genres no less.

I think it's due to it being a work in progress. Games with no stage just haven't been sorted yet.

My first thought was spin-offs, but Battlefield Hardline and Uncharted Lost Legacy were still given stages.

I kind of feel like this would work just as well if the stages weren't explicitly named or numbered at all, though.

vb7L56a.png

Edited by Shadiochao
Example
  • Like 1

Well I’m glad that the format changed again. Now I can clearly see the dates and time. I still prefer the older version but seeing that won’t be coming back, I’ll adapt to this one for now. 

• Like 1

I awoke today a jolly man, but jolly I am no longer. I’ve loaded up my profile on here to find that the layout has been revamped. As a steadfast believer in the notion that unnecessary change is a synonym of regression, I’m dismayed to say the least. The aesthetic impact of this change is noticeable, but in the wrong way. The right hand side is cluttered and the percentage bar is asphyxiating in a “sea of stats”, as another user put it. The left hand side is looking solemn and sequestered, like the little house on the prairie standing alone. One with little savvy might be prone to believe that some form of taxation has been enforced on using the left hand side of the template, I don’t know?

• Like 4

All these people complaining about the new change.  I took one look at it once it was changed and already, I don't care if it goes back to the old look or not.  They just moved around a few things here and there, the info is more or less the same.

But I suppose people will want to complain about the silliest of things nowadays.

16 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

Probably the most retarded post i've read on here all month. Congratulations :)

And there's people like yourself who are just oblivious and put generic shit like that. Next time: let's see what DrakeHellsing thinks first and then go forward with voicing our opinions based on what you have to say. Give me a break......
 People who paid for premium have a write to complain/input their opinions. No one in here insulted Sly, they just voiced their honest opinions in what they think makes the site looks better in order to make the site the best it can be. It's constructive, not degrading, unlike your diatribe of a post.

Yes, because god forbid anyone has a different opinion than what everyone else has on here.

Perhaps next time I'll just say generic sheep following bullshit to make the herd happy, shall I? :D

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Yes, because god forbid anyone has a different opinion than what everyone else has on here.

Perhaps next time I'll just say generic sheep following bullshit to make the herd happy, shall I? :D

The thing is, there have been plenty of people posting in this thread with differing opinions, some liking the old style/some liking the new style, but all have done so in a constructive way.  It's helped as it gave Sly some feedback, which he has graciously taken on board and made some changes to reflect the feedback received.  That's exactly what the community should be about.

• Like 4