Suggestion: Change back the layout on our PSN profiles or give the option to do it

Which layout would you preffer?  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Which layout would you preffer?

• Bring back the old layout
    • Keep the new one
    • Change it to a different layout

1 minute ago, Mesopithecus said:

The thing is, there have been plenty of people posting in this thread with differing opinions, some liking the old style/some liking the new style, but all have done so in a constructive way.  It's helped as it gave Sly some feedback, which he has graciously taken on board and made some changes to reflect the feedback received.  That's exactly what the community should be about.

I suppose I just found it rather stupid that the moment they saw it was changed, they wanted to make a thread about it to get the old style back without at least giving it a chance.

Heck, I would have said give it a few days before making a thread, you know, to actually see if anyone would get used to it or not.  I mean, you can't expect people to like something the moment it changes.  Point is, as I just said, give it at least a few days to see if it grows on you before you complain about it and wanting the old style back, because you never know, it could very well grow on you.

Because I for one, as it stands right now, I'm fine with the new style, things just got moved around and that was it to me.  It still says how many trophies in a game you've obtain, what the platform it's on, all the info you really need.

• Like 2

The old way was perfect, the new way was a cluttered mess, the update is a slightly less cluttered mess. It's really harsh on my eyes to have all of the information in one place not to mention the fact that game titles get cut off now. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Now the games with long titles are cut in half and replaced with ....

I hope the final result won't look like that

As far as I understood it is how it will look in the end... no amount of votes will make it to give us the old layout. Its been decided.

I can only thank everyone for feedback and for trying to convince Sly. It currently doesnt look as good as the old one imo but a bit better than it was earlier.

Edited by Saionji
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

I suppose I just found it rather stupid that the moment they saw it was changed, they wanted to make a thread about it to get the old style back without at least giving it a chance.

Heck, I would have said give it a few days before making a thread, you know, to actually see if anyone would get used to it or not.  I mean, you can't expect people to like something the moment it changes.  Point is, as I just said, give it at least a few days to see if it grows on you before you complain about it and wanting the old style back, because you never know, it could very well grow on you.

Because I for one, as it stands right now, I'm fine with the new style, things just got moved around and that was it to me.  It still says how many trophies in a game you've obtain, what the platform it's on, all the info you really need.

The layout as it is right now is different from the one that was in place when this thread was made.

The one that was here earlier today was very different, things were more all over the place, and it was quite hard to read. So this thread actually made a positive change to what we have right now, which more people are on board with.

I personally like the way it is right now, but I think I'm in the minority with my preference. I didn't like the way it was this morning though, so I'm glad this thread was made as it made some positive changes.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

Probably the most retarded post i've read on here all month. Congratulations :)

People who paid for premium have a write to complain

Interesting.

Anyway, I like the new layout which came into force a few hours ago. It looks much cleaner and collates the info we need in the right spaces. Ultimately, yes, I liked the original layout more but it's not a life-altering change and after a week everyone will be used to it anyway. The previous layout will be all but forgotten in the annals of time.

There are other changes or features which are more worthy of people's energy and attention.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kristycism said:

The layout as it is right now is different from the one that was in place when this thread was made.

The one that was here earlier today was very different, things were more all over the place, and it was quite hard to read. So this thread actually made a positive change to what we have right now, which more people are on board with.

I personally like the way it is right now, but I think I'm in the minority with my preference. I didn't like the way it was this morning though, so I'm glad this thread was made as it made some positive changes.

Can I just say that this is what I like about people on here, instead of bitching about what I said and insulting me, this, along with the previous reply to what I said, actually told me more helpful things, which in turn, makes me understand why what I said might not have been helpful or anything along those lines.  So thanks for that :D

But I do understand some of the gripes with the long titles in particular.  I did look at mine and say my Arkham games, the PS4 versions, the titles for those have been cut off.  But other than that, I'm still fine with it.  But I will agree that it would be nice to see what else can come of this thread and to improve it for those that do not like it :)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

One positive thing that came out of it though is that it gave the community an insight into what Sly has been working on with the game series stuff, which is partially why the changes were made in the first place to tie into that.

There are definitely some great ideas within the community for improvements, and this thread has highlighted that.  As with any changes, there will never be a "one size fits all" model where you can please everyone all the time, I'm glad Sly is receptive to feedback.

I'm happier with the style that's up now, one minor gripe I guess would be that some of the longer title names cut off but it's small in the grand scheme of things and may be something that can be tweaked.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sly Ripper said:

Longer titles will now take up a second line since there's more space now.

Would centring the completion date over the "Completed in XYZ hours" text make it look a little less awkward? Just throwing out the idea.

Edit: I think part of why it looks so awkward is because they are all displayed at different levels of indentation because of the variation in the words "days" "hours" "months" etc. Is there a way to justify them so they line up nicer? It would go a long way to make it look less disorganized and cluttered.

Edit2: Maybe centre both lines of that text within its own little "cell"?

Edited by BeautifulTorment

It looks better than it did earlier today, the date format is much better now (and the colour not being green).

My biggest problem is still there though; the console symbols just look ugly where they are right now, rather than being more centralised. Looks too squashed in with the game title. The rows in general look really cramped, especially when I’m comparing them to old screenshots I have with the older version.

Sly’s response didn’t sound promising but I’ll still hold out hope that they’ll consider letting us have a layout option. I’m glad that the initial change was amended a little at least.

I know people might read that and immediately think of me as being pernickety etc, but I just really liked how it was before, imo it was well designed and didn’t need to be altered. Part of the reason why I use this site over others with the same purpose is because of how good the profiles looked. 

Edited by Charizarzar

I don't know anyone who suggested the trophy list be changed as it was more convenient beforehand.

There's just far too much going at the right. That's what everybody here is getting at. Like most people here I agree that this is a step back, we should be getting more customization options and a way to condense our trophy lists so we can read them better without having to scroll our eyes too far.

Then again those with a lot of games on their profiles will have to scroll anyway but even with a couple of changes this still doesn't look that good.

• Like 1

Personally i like this new layout, looks better than the earlier one and the date format is fixed. It's all good ?

Just a minor thing would be cool if fixed is to change ''Completed in...'' to ''Platinum in...'' mention for the games with no dlc trophies.

@Sly Ripper not a fan of the most recent version, the console version icon shouldn’t be anywhere near the game’s name; it looks awful. Also the date should just be placed under the game’s name or where it is now, or to be honest removed entirely as it’s out of place and not really all that useful.

Either way that console version icon has gotta be moved over to the right side, it looks too crampted under the game name, just make another column on the right side for it if nothing else :D 

• Like 2

Huh, I noticed the change last night before going to bed and I told myself "This looks really slick, it's nice and compact now with a lot more breathing space with less clutter" ... I guess I was in the minority there xD Today's updated version is pretty good too

15 minutes ago, Waddlingdan said:

@Sly Ripper not a fan of the most recent version, the console version icon shouldn’t be anywhere near the game’s name; it looks awful. Also the date should just be placed under the game’s name or where it is now, or to be honest removed entirely as it’s out of place and not really all that useful.

I dunno, I kinda like it - That's the layout it has on PSN when you view your trophies and console tags are pretty helpful for those players that stack games :dunno:

Edited by BlindMango

2 hours ago, Darth_Krid said:

Interesting.

Anyway, I like the new layout which came into force a few hours ago. It looks much cleaner and collates the info we need in the right spaces. Ultimately, yes, I liked the original layout more but it's not a life-altering change and after a week everyone will be used to it anyway. The previous layout will be all but forgotten in the annals of time.

There are other changes or features which are more worthy of people's energy and attention.

I like how you remove the "input" from your quote and just quote "complain" instead to fit your agenda. If there's no point in voicing our opinions...then what is the point of customer feedback forms, or indeed the feedback form on here. Anyway, I would have guessed you'd rival that post if you like the new format since you're so used to getting your way over on ps3t.org :)

Edited by Potent_Delusions
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

I like how you remove the "input" from your quote and just quote "complain" instead to fit your agenda. If there's no point in voicing our opinions...then what is the point of customer feedback forms, or indeed the feedback form on here. Anyway, I would have guessed you'd rival that post if you like the new format since you're so used to getting your way over on ps3t.org :)

The problem is no one else is really going forth with a proper looking trophy list for gamers, other than PSNPROFILES.

Playstationtrophies.org is stubborn as all hell and nothing has changed on there apart from the frequent visitors there getting older.

Whether this is actually the first step of a website overhaul is something we don't know.

2 minutes ago, Spaz said:

The problem is no one else is really going forth with a proper looking trophy list for gamers, other than PSNPROFILES.

Playstationtrophies.org is stubborn as all hell and nothing has changed on there apart from the frequent visitors there getting older.

Whether this is actually the first step of a website overhaul is something we don't know.

I hope not. The site is aesthetically fantastic. I stand firmly in my beliefs that today's update was a regression rather than progression, but hopefully I/we all get used to it. I don't think the site needs a major overhaul; it's getting a lot of custom, a lot of activity, i've seen a lot of people compliment its looks etc

• Like 1

Just now, Potent_Delusions said:

I hope not. The site is aesthetically fantastic. I stand firmly in my beliefs that today's update was a regression rather than progression, but hopefully I/we all get used to it. I don't think the site needs a major overhaul; it's getting a lot of custom, a lot of activity, i've seen a lot of people compliment its looks etc

At least nothing else has changed other than the initial trophy lists on our profiles.

We had a website overhaul back in December 2016 and I think it's a bit too early to be going through with another one.

My real complaint is there's too much on the right side of our trophy lists. The left side is looking rather barren.