I created a game and its now available on Steam

olinkalex

I'm not a PC gamer, but best of luck on your game! I don't think self-promotion is looked down upon on this site as long as you aren't harassing others on the site by doing so (like PMing someone to death to buy your game).

I know some people here have their own channels on this site (granted, the  number of subscribers is small). It might not hurt to look around at YouTubers on this site who may help you out. You never know who might give a helping hand! ;) (Just ask politely)

• Like 1

Heeeeyyy congrats!! this is amazing :D I don't play on pc too, but i'll share your link in my facebook page. Also, do u mind if i ask you a few questions privately? I have always been interested in game development.

Edited by BG_painter
  • Like 1

Just now, BG_painter said:

Heeeeyyy congrats!! this is amazing :D I don't play on pc too cause my machine sucks and i can't afford a good one, but i'll share your link in my facebook page. Also, do u mind if i ask you a few questions privately? I have always been interested in game development.

Thanks, and feel free to PM me on this site

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm not big into PC gaming myself (not the best with a mouse and keyboard... unless it's a game like Age of Empires or something similar xD ), but best of luck to you in getting this done and all that sort of stuff.  Hopefully the users on Steam shall be nice and not horrible or anything like that :)

• Like 2

As a fellow game design student I must congratulate you on finishing up and shipping your game :) 

I’ll be sure to check it out, please do get in touch if you want have a few discussions about your game with a fellow developer :) 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Soufwar said:

As a fellow game design student I must congratulate you on finishing up and shipping your game :) 

I’ll be sure to check it out, please do get in touch if you want have a few discussions about your game with a fellow developer :) 

You created a game you say? What's good about it?

I actually remember seeing videos about this game last year because I'm a huge fan of The Thing and constantly look for stuff inspired by it. I can't say no to a free horror game, so I'll definitely check it out when it goes up on Steam. I didn't realize this was done by a single college student, that's pretty cool.

Were you interested in feedback and constructive criticism from players? I'd love to talk to you about the game after I finish it. 

• Like 2

Just now, ImplyingYouCare said:

I actually remember seeing videos about this game last year because I'm a huge fan of The Thing and constantly look for stuff inspired by it. I can't say no to a free horror game, so I'll definitely check it out when it goes up on Steam. I didn't realize this was done by a single college student, that's pretty cool.

Were you interested in feedback and constructive criticism from players? I'd love to talk to you about the game after I finish it. 

Thanks, and yes any feedback and constructive criticism is much appreciated. Can't become a good game developer if I don't get feedback and criticism to point out the faults I need to improve on. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Nexuds121 said:

You created a game you say? What's good about it?

Read through my comment again, I never said I created a game. However, I created a few college projects none of which are consumer friendly since they’re all grey boxed levels that never made it past the prototype phase. I did work on one commercial game that’s on PS4 right now as a translator though, what’s good about it is that it’s a very thoughtful puzzle game, what’s bad about it is that it was rushed so the game doesn’t look good, the mechanics are there they’re just not as pretty as they should be. Too bad because the game is really solid if you look past the ugly UI. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, olinkalex said:

Hey, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this topic, but few weeks back I recently graduated from college on Game Development, and during my time/after being in college I created a Survival-Horror game called FROSTBITE: Deadly Climate, which is basically Resident Evil 7 meets John Carpenter's The Thing. Anyway a few months back, I released my game onto sites like GameJolt/Itch,io and sadly it hasn't gotten much attention. Heck I even tried to promote the game and message allot of YouTubers about my game, but not getting much luck on it. So few weeks back I made the choice to release this game onto Steam in hopes it will boost some added attention. I doubt I port my game to the PS4 for multiple reasons, but I'm hoping this game act as a stepping stone that helps show people what I can do and get them interested in future game projects that I plan to create for not only for the PCs, but also other platforms like the PS4.

FROSTBITE: Deadly Climate - Steam Page

header.jpg?t=1531170292

P.S. the game is Completely Free if you feel interested in playing it.

olinkalex.png

Contact my clan mate "Whadhebreak" on twitch. He doesn't have a 100k followers, 1k-2k, but we love to watch him play horror games. I'm sure he'll play it, maybe both of you can scratch each others back. :)

And congratulations on making the game!! I know it's not easy! 

Edited by Dav9834

Hats off to you, man. I actually took a couple intro classes to video game design back in high school, and I even did some classes specifically on character design and animation, but I ultimately didn't pursue it by the time I started college. I might consider downloading this game and possibly streaming it as well, and if I do, I'll let you know what my thoughts are on it. Not necessarily the type of game I'm too experienced with, but I'm sure I'll have fun playing it either way.

?

Edited by DaRe

• 7 months later...

I was just going to school for Graphic Design. Due to personal related stuff I had to drop out. My buddy and I plan on Developing a game one of these days. I'm teaching myself everything C/C++ and so is my buddy currently. On an other note I am a PC gamer so I'll give your game a shot. ?

Hopefully my pc can handle your game lol and not crash. Only games I know my pc can handle right now is Overwatch and Stardew Valley.