For Emergencies Only Trophy Trouble

I just finished the game on grounded Plus mode using the 'prologue exploit' and found that I didn't find enough parts throughout the game to fully upgrade all my weapons. This is most likely because I first played the game 3ish years ago and didn't pay much attention to the trophies. I still need a few upgrades to El Diablo and Shorty (100-150 parts worth) and I'm not thrilled about having to play the game again (even though it is an excellent game). Has anyone else encountered this problem? Should I just use the chapter select and finish chapter 7 onward and only upgrade the weapons I need to? If I finish the prologue an then select chapter 7 will I have everything from my recently finished new game plus? Any help would be appreciated!

Edited by bobjoehill
  • Like 1

I did have to go back a few chapters to university and try pick up some more parts to finish it out. Set that difficulty back down to something easier and you can blow through after grounded. University is the first time you get access to the full weapon list if I recall correctly - so that might be a good place to start up.

• Like 1

That's not a bad idea, do you know if the trophy will pop if I just upgrade the weapons that I haven't yet fully upgraded? To be more specific, when I load a chapter it appears that the game reverts to the state that I was in when I played through that chapter, meaning if I load up chapter 7 I wont have the upgrade progress that I made in chapter 7+. So if I upgraded the pistol near the end of the game, can I still get the trophy if I spend those parts on another weapon I haven't maxed out yet?

I can't really provide any tips, sorry. But I have to get this out of my system:

The Last of Us trophies ? (I though there was a vomit smiley)

The discrepancy between the shittyness of the trophies and the awesomeness of the game is staggering to me.

Like hoooly shit I hate those trophies.

Still, I wish you good luck getting those fuckers.

J

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bobjoehill said:

I just finished the game on grounded Plus mode using the 'prologue exploit' and found that I didn't find enough parts throughout the game to fully upgrade all my weapons. This is most likely because I first played the game 3ish years ago and didn't pay much attention to the trophies. I still need a few upgrades to El Diablo and Shorty (100-150 parts worth) and I'm not thrilled about having to play the game again (even though it is an excellent game). Has anyone else encountered this problem? Should I just use the chapter select and finish chapter 7 onward and only upgrade the weapons I need to? If I finish the prologue an then select chapter 7 will I have everything from my recently finished new game plus? Any help would be appreciated!

One thing that I did when I completed the game four years ago was, to start upgrading from the final weapon I obtained first. Meaning, fully upgrade Flamethrower, then El Diablo, then Shorty, and so on.

I remember you can't use chapter select to obtain the trophy. You need to start NEW GAME PLUS.

Sorry if I'm not helping. That's all I can remember. :)

Edited by zizimonster

4 hours ago, Paleblood said:

I can't really provide any tips, sorry. But I have to get this out of my system:

The Last of Us trophies 1f4a9.png (I though there was a vomit smiley)

The discrepancy between the shittyness of the trophies and the awesomeness of the game is staggering to me.

Like hoooly shit I hate those trophies.

Still, I wish you good luck getting those fuckers.

J

Only thing I wasn’t a fan of were the conversations, since a couple of times Ellie wouldn’t do her pun after the library encounter and I had to redo the section all over again. I guess if you’re not a fan of the multiplayer it would suck but I liked most of them.