Can't log in twisted metal split screen online

tlal_q8_22

As far as I can tell the servers have been broken since Friday without any warning.  I can sign in very rarely but then I am unable to get signed into a splitscreen account or refresh statistics.  There are no games going on either when I search.  I eventually just get booted from the online after a few minutes.  Most of the time I just get unable to connect to the servers so it seems that the online is unplayable until this is resolved.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Elegy said:

As far as I can tell the servers have been broken since Friday without any warning.  I can sign in very rarely but then I am unable to get signed into a splitscreen account or refresh statistics.  There are no games going on either when I search.  I eventually just get booted from the online after a few minutes.  Most of the time I just get unable to connect to the servers so it seems that the online is unplayable until this is resolved.

Is that mean the servers closed???

1 hour ago, tlal_q8_22 said:

Yes it work but can't play 2players 

Im willing too try and play a ranked match and see if it still works i have 2 other accounts with the game and my self so im 3 i have 3 other friends that wanna start the game. But they wont now since someone said the ranked matches doesnt register. For me Splitscreen doesnt matter. It's a good plat. Surely i dont wanna miss this one out. Since i started a new account so everything have to go perfect 

Edit Iw tryed a few things I can sitt in the lobby waiting players and never disconnect.  When i try too connect splitscreen i can disconnect that's the only times i disconnect. But dont know what will happen once i start a game. And it takes 1 to 10 times too connect to the servers aswell. From where you start the game. I dont think you need the statistics too work too get trophies 

Edited by Tomy_XIV

2 hours ago, Tomy_XIV said:

Im willing too try and play a ranked match and see if it still works i have 2 other accounts with the game and my self so im 3 i have 3 other friends that wanna start the game. But they wont now since someone said the ranked matches doesnt register. For me Splitscreen doesnt matter. It's a good plat. Surely i dont wanna miss this one out. Since i started a new account so everything have to go perfect 

Edit Iw tryed a few things I can sitt in the lobby waiting players and never disconnect.  When i try too connect splitscreen i can disconnect that's the only times i disconnect. But dont know what will happen once i start a game. And it takes 1 to 10 times too connect to the servers aswell. From where you start the game. I dont think you need the statistics too work too get trophies 

Look if doesn't work for split screen and want platinum need 6 playstation, yes and the stats and leaderboards cant upload.

I find it disheartening watching Sony just fail with these services.  I have never seen a company so driven by the dollar and care so little for their customers.

I started playing the single player mode for this game with the goal of getting to the end on Twisted difficulty so that I could finish the MP requirements.  Now I can't.

If there's a way to get Sony's attention so that the problems could be rectified, that would be swell.  Though judging from me talking to their "support" staff about the store download queues being broken on Vita and PS3, it won't do much good.

Sony sucks on a massive number of levels.

• Like 3

Yes, I've had this same problems with splitscreen and sometimes connecting. Therefore, no one is having network or router issues; it's the servers misbehaving.

I'm using three PS3's to boost the wins. I should have finished this weeks ago but didn't think a random problem would occur. If is starts behaving right again, I'm not sparing any expenses... I'll getting the online trophies done immediately so I can be done with it.

Like Tomy_XIV said, I also started a new account with the intention of preventing any unobtainable platinum trophies.

Edited by PlanetCheat
change
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, BlackJudas77 said:

I find it disheartening watching Sony just fail with these services.  I have never seen a company so driven by the dollar and care so little for their customers.

I started playing the single player mode for this game with the goal of getting to the end on Twisted difficulty so that I could finish the MP requirements.  Now I can't.

If there's a way to get Sony's attention so that the problems could be rectified, that would be swell.  Though judging from me talking to their "support" staff about the store download queues being broken on Vita and PS3, it won't do much good.

I wouldnt be suprised, if they would officially shut it down instead of fixing it, when you tell them about the server issues.

I was actually wondering for a while now, why this wasnt shut down already or announced to be shutdown.

Sony has pretty much killed all their online servers for the big franchises like Resistance, Killzone, Gran Turismo and so on. The only ones still running are Uncharted, The Last of Us and the LittlebigPlanet Games.

And when it comes to smaller games/franchises like Twisted Metal, they shut down pretty much everything else excpet Twisted Metal this year (or did already last year). Im thinking of games like Starhawk, Motorstorm Apocalypse, Eyepet, Modnation Racers, Counter Spy, Wipeout, Everybodys Golf, Kill Strain, Some PS3 Move games ....

I get why they didnt shut down the Naugthy Dog Games and Littlebigplanet. They probably would love to do so, but these games have still too many players on their servers. But Twisted Metal? I mean, they are shutting down Killzone, but they keep Twisted Metal up? It really seems like an odd thing to do.

Edited by Sinthoras_96
  • Like 1

Just now, Sinthoras_96 said:

I get why they didnt shut down the Naugthy Dog Games and Littlebigplanet. They probably would love to do so, but these games have still too many players on their servers. But Twisted Metal? I mean, they are shutting down Killzone, but they keep Twisted Metal up? It really seems like an odd thing to do.

Totally agree, but there are a few large games I need to do that were published by Sony, namely this one plus Payday, Fat Princess and Warhawk.  There are quite a few others that Sony published so they're all in danger.  So it seems that either I do them all this year, or just forget about doing any at all.

• Like 1

Just now, BlackJudas77 said:

Totally agree, but there are a few large games I need to do that were published by Sony, namely this one plus Payday, Fat Princess and Warhawk.  There are quite a few others that Sony published so they're all in danger.  So it seems that either I do them all this year, or just forget about doing any at all.

Yeah, I mean dont get me wrong: I dont want them to shut this down. My boosting group was going to do this game at some point in the future (probably next year). Its just weird that they let especially this server live. As if they would have forgotten to put in on the shutdown list lol

There doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason behind Sony's thought process regarding server shutdowns, but this year has seen a very rapid decrease in online support for PS3 across the board.  I think it makes sense that Twisted Metal would receive an impending shut down; however, letting the servers just become unusable without any warning to the customer base like this is something that is a trophy hunter's worse nightmare.  I've had it happen to me two times now with Guitar Hero Smash Hits and Twisted Metal.  I would like to see this get fixed, but I am not hopeful due to the way Drawn to Death has been handled this year.  Everyone knows that there are very obvious matchmaking issues in that game but Sony won't even look at what is going on to fix it.  It seems like they don't even have someone on staff to monitor their server performance for these games.  I find myself wondering why we're even paying them PS+ fees if they can't perform basic maintenance checks on their servers?  It doesn't matter if the game is popular or not, they should be functional if they haven't otherwise announced an impending shut down date.

Edited by Elegy
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, BlackJudas77 said:

I'm going to get this post printed and framed.

They're a corporate leviathan, a lost cause.