Boosting Tip + School Codes (Big Update)

Septomor

Just one more thing before I go :P

The schools mentioned above have all their moves described in some sort of a list? There are people who only need 10 or so moves and dont know the schools they need to join to get them.

Cheers and happy hunting ;)

Just now, shadowking_tp000 said:

Just one more thing before I go :P

The schools mentioned above have all their moves described in some sort of a list? There are people who only need 10 or so moves and dont know the schools they need to join to get them.

Cheers and happy hunting ;)

Ahh that kind of bums me out, I made a spreadsheet specifically for that reason! I'll post it again here if for some reason people keep missing it

*Spreadsheet listing where all the moves are*

Just so everyone knows, I'm going through a remake of the list of schools. Many of these schools change their moves over time which can be very annoying. So in response I'm trying to find people who have collected Grandmaster already to create new schools with different moves. Doing so can drop the number of schools needed for hand moves to 6 and sword moves to 4. If you have a boosting partner, then you and your partner only need half of those, so 3/2 schools which would be a massive improvement over what we have already.

I have the decks ready for each school. If there are any grandmasters willing to help, let me know. I have 2 schools that need to be made. I've went ahead and made each deck to make sure they are possible and make it easy for everyone else.

Edited by Septomor
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, chraistx said:

Hey I have a problem don't know if it's a bug or what, when I go to find school menu on that guy in oration quarters the keyboard pop up doesn't seem to appear for me to enter the code of the school. Does anyone have that problem?

It has to be strictly 3 characters, maybe you're adding a space at the end of the letters?

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎23‎.‎07‎.‎2018 at 0:07 PM, Septomor said:

All moves can be learned by just going through these 6 schools decks! 

I opened the sheet with the moves and schools but it says just 5 codes and "school 6". What it the code for this 6th school?

On 23/07/2018 at 11:07 AM, Septomor said:

**For now, it appears to be possibly country-locked, but confirmed region-locked**

Can someone explain this one to me because it's kind of confusing me.

I'm in the UK and I've received hate mail from sore losers before from 1v1s/3v3s and when I check their profile they're occasionally US though 90% of the time they are somewhere EU. I also watched a streamer join their US friend when they were EU and then suddenly they couldn't find a match after their friend left and someone in chat told them to go back go the main menu because they might have gotten stuck in US servers somehow. So, how on earth does this games matchmaking even work? Is it really region locked and if so how on earth are Americans getting in matches with me? Maybe there's a way around it?

Edited by JohnCenaSong-

19 hours ago, Shoutachi said:

I opened the sheet with the moves and schools but it says just 5 codes and "school 6". What it the code for this 6th school?

I need someone to start it :( I don't mind teaching someone all the moves to start the school, but they can't ever change the decks

12 hours ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

Can someone explain this one to me because it's kind of confusing me.

I'm in the UK and I've received hate mail from sore losers before from 1v1s/3v3s and when I check their profile they're occasionally US though 90% of the time they are somewhere EU. I also watched a streamer join their US friend when they were EU and then suddenly they couldn't find a match after their friend left and someone in chat told them to go back go the main menu because they might have gotten stuck in US servers somehow. So, how on earth does this games matchmaking even work? Is it really region locked and if so how on earth are Americans getting in matches with me? Maybe there's a way around it?

Yeah, when you invite someone to a match, they are transferred to your server. The problem is in a private match you can't gain exp, so you have to do it in a public match. But if you are not from the same region it is extremely unlikely that you will get paired. However, I'm in the US and was able to do this with people from Mexico and Canada. I'm not too sure on the exact details, I assume it searches by ping first and if it is over a limit it will wait a while for another match. But I have no idea since I don't work for the Absolver team

On 9.8.2018 at 5:55 AM, Septomor said:

I need someone to start it :( I don't mind teaching someone all the moves to start the school, but they can't ever change the decks

Ok, i just got all the moves for This school. Does the school stay active even when i don't play active? (after i got the platinum). I could then Start the school. 

6 hours ago, Shoutachi said:

Ok, i just got all the moves for This school. Does the school stay active even when i don't play active? (after i got the platinum). I could then Start the school. 

Yeah it should be around forever! Just let me know what your school code is so I can add it :) 

Okay, I think I understand the matchmaking after a little tinkering. 

There appears to be 2 matchmaking factors.

The server you're in while matchmaking is where it'll start the search but it won't match you with anyone of too higher ping or something along those lines. Over time sitting in matchmaking the distance effectively expands and you can match with people you normally couldn't.

So, what this means for people wanting to match in different regions, it's possible but difficult because it takes time and you'll likely find legit matches in your region first.

Join the person who's timezone is non-peak time. For example, if it's 4am for your US friend, join your US friend. This is because it appears to matchmake based on the region you're in (US) so not only is there likely no one for your friend to match up with because of time but you won't get dragged into an EU server while it's searching. Over time the ping range or whatevrer increases until eventually after waiting a while it'll plop you together as a last resort since there were no more suitable players to matchmake with.

Basically, unless you or your friend play at odd times of the day you've probably got no chance. 

On 8/9/2018 at 7:55 AM, Septomor said:

Yeah, when you invite someone to a match, they are transferred to your server. The problem is in a private match you can't gain exp, so you have to do it in a public match. But if you are not from the same region it is extremely unlikely that you will get paired. However, I'm in the US and was able to do this with people from Mexico and Canada. I'm not too sure on the exact details, I assume it searches by ping first and if it is over a limit it will wait a while for another match. But I have no idea since I don't work for the Absolver team

Will it help if VPN is used?

On 11.8.2018 at 10:44 AM, Septomor said:

Yeah it should be around forever! Just let me know what your school code is so I can add it :) 

Hey, so i got the plat (Yay) and made up a Deck with the following bare fists attacks:

-Underknee kick

-low spin heel

-roll punch 

-low kick

-meialua

-curled up uppercut

-cleaver blow

-leg breaker

-direct punch

-Front kick

-charged haymaker

-spin back fist

-pushed elbow

-jumped spin kick

-fast punch

-wallop blow

School-ID: #FHW

Mentor: Shoutachi

Style: windfall

I hope This will help you guys and happy fighting! 

• 1 month later...

Hey, when I join those schools, I don't seem to get the sword moves listed on the spreadsheet. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, with the new patch, when you join a school, the moves that you don't yet have don't show as locked with the progression circle on the move list anymore, but as if you've already unlocked them (even though you didn't). This makes it even harder to keep track. They will still gain experience when used, but you'll have to test them to see if they are learned or not if you don't know the names by heart and/or have a list.

Edited by fabmorais_2011

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/13/2018 at 4:40 PM, TheCobra305 said:

Just an FYI for any new players or returning players prior to the Downfall update. You now must learn the new fighting style *Faejin* to earn the trophy  "Master of Style". You unlock by playing through the Downfall mode (located in Combat Trials tab) and getting your gleam level to 6. This means you have to learn ALL new moves that were included in this update for "The Grandmaster" trophy as well. 

The enemies in the Downfall mode carry most of the new Faejin moves, which include sword moves. I created a school that should have all Faejin moves though and make it easier for you to learn them instead of learning through the NPC enemies/bosses. 

School code: #VQ91

Keep in mind, some Barehanded moves will be located in the War Gloves deck as they all didn't fit into the Barehanded deck. 

(Please correct me if some moves are missing!) 

Thanks for creating this school it saved me a couple of hours I’m going to stay in this school for a while to learn all the weapons and especially the war gloves.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Strike-Runner said:

Thanks for creating this school it saved me a couple of hours I’m going to stay in this school for a while to learn all the weapons and especially the war gloves.

No problem! Glad I could help! Only bad thing is, you have to unlock the other decks by doing combat trials 1v1 to level up in the school, but it beats searching for the moves from NPC enemies and whatnot. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/12/2018 at 7:50 AM, TheCobra305 said:

No problem! Glad I could help! Only bad thing is, you have to unlock the other decks by doing combat trials 1v1 to level up in the school, but it beats searching for the moves from NPC enemies and whatnot. 

Thanks, I'm still struggling to learn the original moves using the decks on this thread. It's such a long grind since learning moves from killing NPC enemies gives so little EXP for the moves you want to unlock.

• 1 month later...
On 08/02/2019 at 5:10 PM, CsabelitoHUN said:

The school codes no longer work for me

As of now, I still can't find them either. I'm only 8 moves away from the plat, and 4 of them are on 4 different schools I can't access atm. It seems the latest patch screwed up the School servers. I'm in touch with the dev on Twitter and will report any news.

• Like 2