Servers are now officially shut down

Bumperklever

1 hour ago, aZombieDictator said:

Here's the apology from the devs for anyone curious to what happened.

https://youtu.be/24rR69Ygn20

And here's just a funny video about how dead the game really was.

The bigger issue was that they pulled the servers without an explicit warning and without giving a basic courtesy of "hey we're shutting the servers in X days", and then when someone called them out on it, they effectively trolled him.

Irregardless of people trying for this AFTER the game got pulled, and knowing the servers could be turned off any moment, that kind of response still reflects poorly on the dev team

• Like 3

8 hours ago, S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y said:

What exactly happend with the Game?

I have only just read from the game and now the servers are already turned off ??

I heard that almost no one was playing it on launch day. I think the highest player count was at most 20 players (correct me if I'm wrong).

• Like 1

Oh they did but it's unprofessional especially pulling this after all the talk about listening to the community they learned from there mistakes they contradicted themselves in one tweet you have to ask your self could they of at least given a one day warning that's all I needed to finish the game even the worst devs generally give a week notice 

On 24/07/2018 at 2:22 AM, Lovelost6rw said:

Oh they did but it's unprofessional especially pulling this after all the talk about listening to the community they learned from there mistakes they contradicted themselves in one tweet you have to ask your self could they of at least given a one day warning that's all I needed to finish the game even the worst devs generally give a week notice 

I think it was PRETTY obvious that the game would shut shortly after being delisted. I mean anybody who didn't start the game the day it was pulled from the store/ the instant they bought it, was kind of asking for it. I mean the game took about 15-25hrs, depending on how effective you are and if you had a boost partner or not. 

I just don't understand why anybody would think that the server would stay up for longer than a week after the dev team posted that video. It was made perfectly clear by them that the game was a failure and that they are more or less in damage control mode. Delisting the game within 24hrs after the announcement, issuing refunds in order to not upset the player base any further , shifting their attention towards the first Culling and, although he didn't mention it, they obviously cancelled their subscription with their server provider (assuming they were renting one). To be honest I'm surprised the game even made it through the weekend following the announcement. Someone must have had mercy to keep it up for those 2 extra days. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ClockWorkPhantom said:

on TrueAchievents they have a guy trying to gain traction by retweeting this to maybe get a temporary restoration of the servers so people can finish since it was abruptly shutdown.

maybe someone tweeting out all the psn users like he did with xbox.

That is a good idea. To be honest we should ask the devs if they can just cancel all the planned refunds and redirect the money to the server provider. Maybe that way we can play it for another week. Personally I don't even want my 24€ back, i'd just prefer all the players that were too slow to get their platinum now :)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jeanmi96 said:

That is a good idea. To be honest we should ask the devs if they can just cancel all the planned refunds and redirect the money to the server provider. Maybe that way we can play it for another week. Personally I don't even want my 24€ back, i'd just prefer all the players that were too slow to get their platinum now :)

Doing this would likely end... badly for the dev. "Dev cancels promised refunds to reopen failed game for 1 week" doesn't make for a great headline.

I'd be happy on the community's behalf if they temporarily reopened the servers, but redirecting refund money is not going to be the way to do it.

Edited by RNumbers

1 hour ago, Jeanmi96 said:

I see what you did there :awesome:

Anyway I do say that they needed to give us to refund time. I mean while servers do cost something. Having that one server on shouldn't be too much right?

53 minutes ago, Bumperklever said:

Anyway I do say that they needed to give us to refund time. I mean while servers do cost something. Having that one server on shouldn't be too much right?

They mentioned somewhere that they couldn't give out refunds through the consoles (or at least sony) unless they shut off the servers and make it unplayable

Edited by NutellaOrgies

1 hour ago, Bumperklever said:

It would be. It's a battle royale game that needs to process a lot of data, the server is designed for 50 player lobbies which uses a lot of bandwidth etc. This is probably one of the most expensive servers to run alongside F2P games.