Trophy thoughts?

gameoncomrade

Wow, this makes me really happy! Overcooked 2 and a platinum on top of it! I want to finish this game as soon as it comes out. Me and a friend finished the first game in 5 hours in one sitting. One of the best co-op games out there!

I'd say the trophy difficulty may be around 5/10. Since you will need a friend or more that are competent players. The only difficulty comes from the 3 star for every map. The other trophies are do-able.

Just now, ConAir said:

I think you gave a nice description yourself. It's doable with lots of do X amount of something, which makes it looks boring. Which doesn't suit this game. 

I think those trophies will pretty much come by themself as you play the game and replay levels that you couldn't get 3 stars on in the first try. I don't think you will have to go back and put an excessive amount of extra time into getting those trophies.

6 minutes ago, ConAir said:

I think you gave a nice description yourself. It's doable with lots of do X amount of something, which makes it looks boring. Which doesn't suit this game. 

Those will come naturally. They still have the star-related trophies, and more of them actually. The others are just extras that you would obtain on your way to get three stars in every kitchen.

8 minutes ago, ViceroyVirus said:

I'd say the trophy difficulty may be around 5/10. Since you will need a friend or more that are competent players. The only difficulty comes from the 3 star for every map. The other trophies are do-able.

Really? My girlfriend and I completed the first one with three stars, no problem. She hates video games in general (but liked this one due to the co-op and setting), so she's not very experienced, i.e., competent in that area. However, it wasn't that hard - we would rate it 3-4/10. The sequel might be tougher though - especially if they would add difficulty settings. :eyebrow:

17 minutes ago, ViceroyVirus said:

Oh is that so. Well then perhaps you co-operate better than me and my friend^^ It might be, since it now features a plat they may think they have to step it up with the difficulty1f605.png

Well, we definitely hit some black holes once in a while, though I think that happens to everyone. It would be something like: "WHY DIDN'T YOU TAKE THE DAMN PLATE!? YOU THINK YOU CAN SERVE IT WITHOUT A PLATE? NOW WE MISSED IT!!!". Overcooked is just amazing. :lol: I'm thinking the same about the difficulty. They also added MANY more ingredients and dishes, and some of the maps seem pretty difficult. I hope this is the case, I'd take on the challenge anytime!

• Like 1

They even gave us a platinum for this one ?!? So thrilled. I never got to finish the first one because I was in desperate need of 3-staring every level and if I couldn't do one, Id sit and work just on it. - Although I'm extremely excited for this one since it seems like it expands the experience a lot more, especially with the multiplayer. Plus a lot of these trophies you'll get from just naturally playing the game.

If those versus, party and emote trophies are obtainable only online, I'd rather get the game for Switch (where they added an extra character too). Otherwise the trophies look fine and I'm sure it's going to be a great local co-op game like the first one.

4 minutes ago, Yokimoto said:

Did it only just get a platinum? A lot of you seem to be acting like it never had one?

The first game didn't have a platinum.

So people are happy the sequel does.

I personally don't care, would've played it either way. Would've played it with no trophies, actually. But I get why some people prefer when games they play have plats, since they like the number of them on their profile increasing.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Kristycism said:

The first game didn't have a platinum.

So people are happy the sequel does.

I personally don't care, would've played it either way. Would've played it with no trophies, actually. But I get why some people prefer when games they play have plats, since they like the number of them on their profile increasing.

Wait, my mind is blown.

I was so sure the first one had a platinum?! I’m going to finish it this weekend and was excited to get that plat. Not a clue how I missed that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mercenary09 said:

I'm reviewing it. There are 20 something other people on here with it too.

Did you just ask Team17 for a review copy then? I have a Youtube channel with 17K subscribers. Would that help in the future with them providing review copies to me? Also, was it free or did you have to pay a small sum of money? :yay:

13 hours ago, pharolemosbr said:

I played 5 levels with my girlfriend. It is easy for now, i fear my experience with the first one will be a problem.

I don't care about the trophies in this game, i wish we have more levels. The first one was so small.

I also ordered this game today to play with my girlfriend as she loved the first one.

Is the 2nd game longer? We bought all the DLCs in the first game to extend our game time