What's the best way to approach this now?

G-Birkin

I got the game on launch, played on and off for a month or two before forgetting about it. I got quite a few inventory upgrades and the last thing I remember doing was going for the animal scan trophies. Constantly being stuck on the last animal got annoying and that's when I quit.

Since then DLC trophies have been added, and so I was wondering if restarting might be the best thing to do? Or should I push on and at least knock the animal trophies out of the way first? Is my game now set to Survival Mode and so I should complete it before heading into Permadeath Mode? So many questions lol. Any tips are appreciate

It's also worth noting that I chose not to follow the Atlas path or whatever it's called.

Edited by G-Birkin

I've started a new save. It's almost completely different now. There is all new materials.. The only one I can see that's remained is carbon. 

Plus my game was basically wiped because of changes (all my planets are different and renamed).. Lucky I'd only put a few hours in.. Best bet is to read the patch notes.. 

https://www.polygon.com/2018/7/24/17607814/no-mans-skys-version-1-5-next-update-patch-notes

But yeah.. I recommend just starting fresh. 

• Like 1

Yeah I loaded my save and quickly realized I didn't remember/know how anything worked. It was overwhelming. Was 17 hours in so it's not too big of a loss.

One final question, is the "visit another player's base" trophy easily obtainable now by just getting invited to another person's game?