It's the PSNP Spelling Bee (yes it rhymes)

That's an interesting idea... 2 questions though:

1. Can games that we already have started count, or do they have to be started after we enter?
  2. Do the games have to be earned in order (using your example of "MATCH": Mortal Kombat first, followed by Assassin's Creed, etc.)?

3 minutes ago, dalailama1989 said:

Just up to five letters?

Actually it says 5+ letters. And I'm surprised that there are other words besides the made-up Donaudampfschiffahrtselektrizitätenhauptbetriebswerkbauunterbeamtengesellschaft with such a length. I guess we Germans can be really proud of our skill to combine so many words into one bigger word and still making sense with it. :D 

1 hour ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

I'm into this! I have the same question as Masamune though. Do games we've already platinumed count, or do we have to get them during the challenge? 

Oh I'm sure they wouldn't let you use games you already have the plat for (if so, most people would already be done). xD I was referring to games that are like 80% done or something (in my case, Mugen Souls).

6 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Actually it says 5+ letters. And I'm surprised that there are other words besides the made-up Donaudampfschiffahrtselektrizitätenhauptbetriebswerkbauunterbeamtengesellschaft with such a length. I guess we Germans can be really proud of our skill to combine so many words into one bigger word and still making sense with it. :D 

OK if you plat enough games in 6 weeks to spell that word I will seriously give you 100$ :P

26 minutes ago, Masamune said:

That's an interesting idea... 2 questions though:

1. Can games that we already have started count, or do they have to be started after we enter?
  2. Do the games have to be earned in order (using your example of "MATCH": Mortal Kombat first, followed by Assassin's Creed, etc.)?

Sorry about #1. I was going to put that in the rules but I assumed that was standard for these events. I will add in a new rule now. 

But to clarify if you are sitting at 99% done a game and plat it after the 13th that is cool with me. Also I don't care about 100% in a game...just the plat.

As for #2, no you can plat what ever you want whenever you want. You may be spelling a word and realize you can't plat an O game in time and switch to a whole new word. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

OK if you plat enough games in 6 weeks to spell that word I will seriously give you 100$ :P

Sorry about #1. I was going to put that in the rules but I assumed that was standard for these events. I will add in a new rule now. 

But to clarify if you are sitting at 99% done a game and plat it after the 13th that is cool with me. Also I don't care about 100% in a game...just the plat.

As for #2, no you can plat what ever you want whenever you want. You may be spelling a word and realize you can't plat an O game in time and switch to a whole new word. 

& I'll throw in a golden signature with that word engraved in it. n6pTn5S.gif

Cool, enter me as well then. ^_^ Hopefully I'll get Mugen Souls out of the way soon so I can work on something other than "M". :P 

This seems like fun, sign me up.

1 minute ago, Masamune said:

& I'll throw in a golden signature with that word engraved in it. n6pTn5S.gif

Cool, enter me as well then. ^_^ Hopefully I'll get Mugen Souls out of the way soon so I can work on something other than "M". :P 

You already got the M, so might as well go for "ayus" too :awesome: .

57 minutes ago, Lorajet said:

Time to go shopping! 

Have you seen my backlog? I don't need anymore games. xD 

Spoiler

qoFBp5E.jpg

B2XehvN.png

Final Fantasy Type-0

Dishonored Definitive Edition

Thief

Metro Last Light

Assassin's Creed Chronicles

Attack on Titan

Nier: Automata

Uncharted

Uncharted 2

Uncharted 3

Resident Evil 4

The Witch & The Hundred Knight: Revival Edition

Bioshock

Bioshock 2

Bioshock Infinite

Assassin's Creed II

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Assassin's Creed: Revelations

Batman

Batman: The Enemy Within

Horizon Zero Dawn

Cosmic Star Heroine

wuDtKID.png

Disgaea 4

Ar tonelico Qoga

Ar nosurge

Cross Edge

Fairy Fencer F

Mugen Souls

Hyperdimension Neptunia V

The Guided Fate Paradox

Final Fantasy XIII

Final Fantasy XIII-2

Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns

Atelier Ayesha

Atelier Rorona

Atelier Totori

Atelier Meruru

Record of Agarest War Zero

Record of Agarest War 2

Tales of Xillia

Tales of Xillia 2

Bioshock

Bioshock Infinite

Resonance of Fate

Dishonored

Naruto Storm Generations

Naruto Storm 3

Time & Eternity

Prototype

Prototype 2

Far Cry 3

Assassin's Creed II

Mini Ninjas

X-Blades

Deus Ex: Human Revolution -Directer's Cut-

Brink

The Saboteur

Wanted: Weapons of Fate

Prince of Persia

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within

Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones

Jak II

Jak 3

Splatterhouse

Darksiders

Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Wolf Among Us

gcnPZgH.png

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2

Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment

Criminal Girls 2: Party Favors

Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy

Operation Babel: New Tokyo Legacy

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars

God Wars Future Past

Grand Kingdom

Akiba's Beat

Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God

Although I admit, I have been thinking of adding "Ys: Memories of Celceta" to the list... ?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Ys VIII Lacrimosa of Dana is an amazing game :awesome: . Way better than Ys Memories of Celceta.

I wasn't sure if I should play the older one first or not. Are the stories connected in any way, or is it like Final Fantasy or something? :hmm: 

59 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Yakuza 0. You're welcome! xD

Yeah, that's all I need... another UR game to work on. 8qfTOtx.gif

Just now, Masamune said:

I wasn't sure if I should play the older one first or not. Are the stories connected in any way, or is it like Final Fantasy or something? :hmm:

Nah, they're standalone stories. Only the main character is the same. There are a few subtle references to Celceta in Dana, but that's it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Masamune said:

The only games directly connected to each other are Ys 1 and 2. The game's have common things like sharing the same world and same main protagonist, recurring characters but overall each entry can be played on it's own. And having played nearly all of them (only missing 5 and 6) I would say you can play them in any order.

22 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I guess this would only be possible if I would buy all stacks of all ezpz games, which ain't my style. xD 

22 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Thanks for clarifying this. I would like to sign up then. Might go for the following then:

Sundered

Owlboy

NieR Automata

All already started but I'm roughly at the beginning of each of them. Won't have enough time to do the bonus tier as the only Y-games I have are Ys Origin and Ys: Lacrimosa of Dana and both are time-sinks. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Masamune said:

Yeah, that's all I need... another UR game to work on. 8qfTOtx.gif

It was merely in jest. If you are actually looking for something quicker (and not a JRPG), you could do Yooka and Laylee.