It's the PSNP Spelling Bee (yes it rhymes)

14 hours ago, NetEntity said:

Well, I'm not going to promise anything, but I've reinstalled Celceta again. If I manage to find that last chest, you know what my word is going to be :awesome:

Good luck, I'm very interested in where the missing chest is as I believe all of them have been mentioned in the gameplay guide. But it's always possible one was missed.

14 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Ah yes the glitchiness of that DLC was enraging :shakefist:

BttF isn't like the new Tell Tale games it still plays like the old Sam and Max or Monkey Island games. But the story is really really good :)

Definitely, Borderlands 2 did improve some things, but the Torque DLC caused me to remember traumatic things from the first game.

I haven't played Sam & Max or Monkey Island, so what's different compared to the new games?

49 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Good luck, I'm very interested in where the missing chest is as I believe all of them have been mentioned in the gameplay guide. But it's always possible one was missed.

Definitely, Borderlands 2 did improve some things, but the Torque DLC caused me to remember traumatic things from the first game.

I haven't played Sam & Max or Monkey Island, so what's different compared to the new games?

I don't think I can go back to a Borderland game :) If I want a co-op fps open world game I will still with Dead Island. i know those games got some hate but I really enjoyed playing them.

As for old Tell Tale games they play like old Point and Click games. So more puzzle solving than new Tell Tale games. 

I mean they aren't super hard puzzles like Old School Point and Click games but they do require actually figuring stuff out. Also there really isn't any dialog trees like new Tell Tale Games so it is just 1 story til the end.

On 06/08/2018 at 0:23 PM, journaltalk said:

you've got Minecraft story mode but you don't have Minecraft story mode season 2 - which would count. If you want another telltale's replacement ? ? just a suggestion....

Thanks for the suggestion, I just wanted to due games I already had, and not buy too many games, (planning on buying AO tennis) 

I've decided to put Mahjong for my M catergory.

Since I have 2 letters ready to go, I may change plans on my word.. My current idea is:

Plan A:

Persona

Plan B:

Angel/Dragon

Plan Z:

Range (in case I see Persona being to hard to spell and don't have time for LBP3 or time to finish Dirt Showdown). 

As for the games:

Persona 4 DAN (hope it's fast and easy) 

Earth's Dawn 

RiME (ready to Plat) 

Silence (should be quick) 

Odin Sphere (my best bet..) 

Need For Speed Rivals

Alice in Madness 

Extras

Dirt Showdown

Gravel (ready to Plat) 

LittleBigPlanet 3 (I guess) 

I hope to be able to setup more 2-3 before my vacations end, but the big gamble will be on Odin Sphere, so I will leave that for last. 

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

8 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Since I have 2 letters ready to go, I may change plans on my word.. My current idea is:

Plan A:

Persona

Plan B:

Angel/Dragon

Plan Z:

Range (in case I see Persona being to hard to spell and don't have time for LBP3 or time to finish Dirt Showdown). 

As for the games:

Earth's Dawn 

RiME (ready to Plat) 

Need For Speed Rivals

Alice in Madness 

Extras

Dirt Showdown

Gravel (ready to Plat) 

I hope to be able to setup more 2-3 before my vacations end, but the big gamble will be on Odin Sphere, so I will leave that for last. 

P4DAN is easy (this coming from someone who has hardly played any rhythm game), but only short if you skip the cutscenes. IIRC I got the plat in ~35 hours with 25 of those to complete story mode. I wouldn't recommend skipping the story though.

Odin Sphere is enjoyable, but imo some boss fights are recycled way too much due to how the story mode is setup. The overall story isn't chronologic, but rather divided over the 5 characters. Once 1 character's story is finished, you go through it with another one and have to connect things yourself. Some bosses are encountered by multiple characters and the fights are completely identical.

Also, why plan Z?

10 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

P4DAN is easy (this coming from someone who has hardly played any rhythm game), but only short if you skip the cutscenes. IIRC I got the plat in ~35 hours with 25 of those to complete story mode. I wouldn't recommend skipping the story though.

Odin Sphere is enjoyable, but imo some boss fights are recycled way too much due to how the story mode is setup. The overall story isn't chronologic, but rather divided over the 5 characters. Once 1 character's story is finished, you go through it with another one and have to connect things yourself. Some bosses are encountered by multiple characters and the fights are completely identical.

Also, why plan Z?

Ok, ya, I will never skip on a Persona game when it's the 1st time for sure (even on the 2nd time, I usually don't skip..), and I suck at rhythm games too (reason why I will never plat KH BBS, and have been postponing Drakengard 3), so you saying that it's easy, it's a reassuring thing!

I actually played a bit of Odin Sphere on PS2, but was when I was changing systems and end up never finishing it (or Ar tonelico 2 for that matter), so, I wanted to get it on PS4/vita to finish it this time. I see what you mean by to much recycling.. hope that I don't find it that boring.. still, I will leave it for last, since it's likely to be the one that takes the longest (also, since I have it on both PS4 and Vita, I may use it as my Vita game after I finish P4DAN instead of going back to Caligula Effect, because P4DAN is the only Vita game that I will use in this event).

Z plan, is kind of a "if everything else fails" plan that still allows me to keep a 5 letter word with using most of the other letters :lol:, no reason for it actually, since we don't really need to submit a word in advance.

Edited by Han_the_Dragon
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Ok, ya, I will never skip on a Persona game when it's the 1st time for sure (even on the 2nd time, I usually don't skip..), and I suck at rhythm games too (reason why I will never plat KH BBS, and have been postponing Drakengard 3), so you saying that it's easy, it's a reassuring thing!

I actually played a bit of Odin Sphere on PS2, but was when I was changing systems and end up never finishing it (or Ar tonelico 2 for that matter), so, I wanted to get it on PS4/vita to finish it this time. I see what you mean by to much recycling.. hope that I don't find it that boring.. still, I will leave it for last, since it's likely to be the one that takes the longest (also, since I have it on both PS4 and Vita, I may use it as my Vita game after I finish P4DAN instead of going back to Caligula Effect, because P4DAN is the only Vita game that I will use in this event).

Z plan, is kind of a "if everything else fails" plan that still allows me to keep a 5 letter word with using most of the other letters :lol:, no reason for it actually, since we don't really need to submit a word in advance.

Just be sure to install the patch, that makes it possible to use the shoulder buttons for the fever rings instead of pushing the sticks sideways. I believe there's also a DLC song that can cut the time spent on the post-game money grind, though I don't know which song that is. BBS and Drakengard 3 where hard to do. BBS took me a few days the first time and Drakengard at least 4 hours with the video sync method.

Ah ok, in that case you'll be prepared. The fight against one of the three wise men was by far the most annoying one for me, due to them teleporting away so much. For the boss rush at the end: I recommend to save all the bronze, silver, and gold fruit until all characters' inventories are linked, then move all the fruit to character you're going to use. That makes it very easy.

Lol, ok I thought it may be a reference to Dragonball Z or something :lol: .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Just be sure to install the patch, that makes it possible to use the shoulder buttons for the fever rings instead of pushing the sticks sideways. I believe there's also a DLC song that can cut the time spent on the post-game money grind, though I don't know which song that is. BBS and Drakengard 3 where hard to do. BBS took me a few days the first time and Drakengard at least 4 hours with the video sync method.

Ah ok, in that case you'll be prepared. The fight against one of the three wise men was by far the most annoying one for me, due to them teleporting away so much. For the boss rush at the end: I recommend to save all the bronze, silver, and gold fruit until all characters' inventories are linked, then move all the fruit to character you're going to use. That makes it very easy.

Lol, ok I thought it may be a reference to Dragonball Z or something :lol: .

Ok, I tried BBS, and was able to get some done on normal, but on Master I never got anything done.. but then, I got annoyed by it to fast and gave up after 1 or 2 hours of the 1st song..

Ok, I will remember that while I play Odin Sphere, thanks!

And nope, it's just code for "when all fails", not a DBZ reference (I have Xenoverse on my backlog, but not going for it in this event for sure, there's at least 3 easier D platinums in my currently ongoing games with Dirt 3, Dirt Showdown and Driver San Francisco, since all have the online already done).

Now that I'm done with Mugen Souls, I can start focusing on what I'll be playing for this! ^_^ & yes, I realize if I would've waited a few more days to plat it, I could've added it to the list here... but I just couldn't wait that long. :P 

• Like 1

Time for me to activate Plan AM, short for Artifex Mundi. If this doesn't work, I'm done. :( (Yes, this is my totally final FINAL lineup, you can quote me.)

Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
Eventide: Slavic Fable

Eventide 2: Sorcerer's Mirror

Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengance

Lost Grimoires: Stolen Kingdom

Eventide 3: Legacy of Legends (going to buy this ASAP)

I have over 50% of the trophies in Disgaea 5 already and plan to get a couple more through some marathon gaming tonight, and I've enjoyed Ni no Kuni 2 so much when I had cutscenes that skipping them won't be too bad for me. The reason I want to plat Ni no Kuni II is because they are coming out with DLC trophies soon and I am eager to play through them. The others are pretty quick to complete as they are Artifex Mundi titles. I haven't played Eventide 3 yet so I need to do that as part of my backlog project to get through all of the backlog games I enjoyed playing so I can delete my old accounts from my PS4.

And yes, I know this is going to cut heavily into my Kingdom Hearts time, but Kingdom Hearts 3 is not for five months so I am not too worried. :P

Friday is rolling to a close, so I guess I should bite the bullet already.

As I've said before, I will be attempting the bonus badge, because I'm a fool. 

Preliminary [?] List:

M - Murdered: Soul Suspect [PS4]

A - Another World [PS3/Vita/PS4]

Y - Ys: Memories of Celceta [Vita]

U - Uncanny Valley [PS4/Vita]

S - Saints Row IV [PS3]

Edited by NetEntity

I now have all but two trophies in Disgaea 5. The first one isn't too hard, I can use a custom map for that. The second, however...

Ugh. I can't even reach the required fight, the stage I need to complete to unlock it is kicking my ass. I guess I should stop, I need to get some work done to cheeze some games so Disgaea 5 becomes my 25th platinum. After all, DIsgaea 1 Complete is coming out in October, so need to prep for that... ;)

Well, I've downloaded all of the games I am going to use(except for Lost Grimoires which I will download tomorrow when I wake up) and I have all but one of the trophies in Disgaea 5. The last one is a bi-and-a-half because unlocking the boss you have to kill to earn it erquires you to clear some really challenging stages and I have struggled against the last one a lot even with 20 million in stats for my main damage dealer. :(

I know I can beat this but I am going to save it because I don't want to beat the guy before Monday. It'll probably be a distraction for all of the fat lip I am going to have to deal with. (I have to get several cavities in my upper jaw filled on Monday morning. :()

Going by my last idea changes, I have now 3 letter ready (E,R,S) to spell "Persona", plus a bonus letter ready (G).

I also decided to not go for Alice in Madness and instead go for Anima: Gate of Memories, hope this doesn't end up being a bad move, since I still think that I will be pressed by time (my vacations end in 3 days and after that my play time will be severally limited, and I still have 3 other plats to get on top of Anima). I also prefer to go with Anima because it's something that I want to play for the Weeblympics event.

Spoiler

Plan A:

Persona

Plan B:

Angel/Dragon

Plan Z:

As for the games:

Earth's Dawn 

RiME (ready to Plat) 

Need For Speed Rivals

Alice in Madness 

Extras

Dirt Showdown

Gravel (ready to Plat) 

On 8/9/2018 at 8:54 AM, Han_the_Dragon said:

As for the games:

Earth's Dawn 

RiME (ready to Plat) 

Need For Speed Rivals

Alice in Madness 

Are you playing the disc version of Silence or have they finally fixed the digital version?

2 hours ago, Kevvik said:

Are you playing the disc version of Silence or have they finally fixed the digital version?

Disc version, I found an used copy for 10€ a few weeks ago and it looked interesting, so I bought it..

As for the Sherlock Holmes trophy, I think it's still glitched. I actually did my 1st playthrough with the unpatched game (the Useless but Beautiful trophy actually glitched on me and unlocked much earlier then it should, and on my 2nd playthrough that was done half patched and half unpatched, I tried to get the "To err is human..." in the last game over place, but it refused to unlock, so I started a new playthrough to get it in the 1st possible spot and it worked, not sure why it wouldn't unlock in the last game over place). I hope that the second ending doesn't glitch on me, since that's what I left to get the platinum.

Also, the patch version is 1.01, so there's no new patch yet.

20 minutes ago, DeepEyes7 said:

Well I want to join, we will see which word I will get in the end (I don't need to decide it now, right?), the event starts on GMT+0 time, right? (In a little more than seven hours...)

I actually also have no idea, but I would expect that there will be a post saying when it starts counting, or at least I will not get any platinum until we get the word that it started.

13 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

I actually also have no idea, but I would expect that there will be a post saying when it starts counting, or at least I will not get any platinum until we get the word that it started.

I will have to wait for that too... I wanted to get the plat of P5 ASAP XD...

15 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

The event starts tomorrow, and I only have 1 prepped game, while trying to get close to finishing the second. I still hope to spell STARS.

Sure, August 13th, but for some countries it's already August 13th... So I don't know when it counts...

.:Edit:. Now I don't know if you were answering our question or just stating your situation xD

Edited by DeepEyes7