It's the PSNP Spelling Bee (yes it rhymes)

Just now, DragonQuest238 said:

Okay, thanks for warning me about that. Guess I'll have to grind out a zillion more shards. :(

Going to work on Eventide then as my 25th platinum then work on my Summer Backlog a bit.

Don't forget that you can use the same games across events;  I noticed you were trying to use different games and whilst that's admirable, I'm sure none of us want you to overstretch yourself and take on too much. 

11 minutes ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Is hiring someone to earn that last trophy for you considered illegal too? I know of a guy who has a trophy service where you give him your account briefly and he earns trophies for you. I know that giving your account to complete strangers, even if they promise to delete the account from their PS4 after they earn the trophies, is highly suspect but this guy seems to be an honest guy and part of me is getting super frustrated at Carnage Dark laughing at me for not having the patience to complete Disgaea 5's post game.

Its not technically illegal to get someone else to do a trophy for you, but I'd definitely recommend against it. For a start, it's extremely risky to share your account info with anyone, especially if there's payment info on it, even if the guy seems honest, because you just don't know what they'll do. And secondly, from what I've read from more experienced members of these forums, most trophy-selling services tend to hack the trophies rather than earn them legitimately for you. I mean, think about it logically, if it would take you hours upon hours and this guy only needs five minutes, there's obviously something illegitimate going on. And hacking trophies will also get you removed from the leaderboards on this site if you care about such things.

There's no shame in giving up on something that you don't want to do, whether it's because of difficulty or the length of time. It's better to just accept the loss and move on, or come back to it at a later date.

Also Dark Cloud is a good game, one of my favourites from the PS2, and an easy platinum, so you'll be improving your life by choosing that instead :) 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Okay, thanks for warning me about that. Guess I'll have to grind out a zillion more shards. :( Is hiring someone to earn that last trophy for you considered illegal too? I know of a guy who has a trophy service where you give him your account briefly and he earns trophies for you. I know that giving your account to complete strangers, even if they promise to delete the account from their PS4 after they earn the trophies, is highly suspect but this guy seems to be an honest guy and part of me is getting super frustrated at Carnage Dark laughing at me for not having the patience to complete Disgaea 5's post game.

While I don't think it's technically against the rules here on the PSNP leaderboards (someone please correct me if I'm wrong), I do believe it is against Sony's terms and conditions. Not to mention I would highly suggest against giving someone else access to your account. One trophy isn't worth the risk, even if you trust them. 

1 minute ago, Kristycism said:

There's no shame in giving up on something that you don't want to do, whether it's because of difficulty or the length of time. It's better to just accept the loss and move on, or come back to it at a later date.

Just now, Aeir_ said:

One trophy isn't worth the risk, even if you trust them. 

Okay, I was just curious. I honestly swear I was never going to do that far. I will, however, ask my friend who is my personal trainer at the local gym(who is also a PS4 gamer) if he knows any friends who are masters of Disgaea 5 and see if they could come to my place and try to earn that damn trophy for me and nobody would ever know. xD I mean, the PS4 doesn't give a sh** who earns the trophy as long as it's earned. (Just kidding, I don't think I have enough money to bribe that Disgaea 5 speedrunner Green Z-Saber to travel all the way to my house and clear that one stage for me and I'd feel cheated for having to pay someone to come over to my place and help me reach Carnage Dark. It's just that one stage is cock-blocking me.)

Thanks for the support, though. I appreciate that you guys understand that I get frustrated easily and encourage me to give up on the game. I really need to get out of the mentality that cost me 9 accounts and let that trophy list rot at 91% forever instead of spending your entire life trying to get one trophy and ruin your life and enjoyment of trophy hunting. (Though to be honest, if I need to, I'll just delete my save file and start over from scratch to see what I was doing wrong.)

23 minutes ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Okay, I was just curious. I honestly swear I was never going to do that far. I will, however, ask my friend who is my personal trainer at the local gym(who is also a PS4 gamer) if he knows any friends who are masters of Disgaea 5 and see if they could come to my place and try to earn that damn trophy for me and nobody would ever know. xD I mean, the PS4 doesn't give a sh** who earns the trophy as long as it's earned. (Just kidding, I don't think I have enough money to bribe that Disgaea 5 speedrunner Green Z-Saber to travel all the way to my house and clear that one stage for me and I'd feel cheated for having to pay someone to come over to my place and help me reach Carnage Dark. It's just that one stage is cock-blocking me.)

Thanks for the support, though. I appreciate that you guys understand that I get frustrated easily and encourage me to give up on the game. I really need to get out of the mentality that cost me 9 accounts and let that trophy list rot at 91% forever instead of spending your entire life trying to get one trophy and ruin your life and enjoyment of trophy hunting. (Though to be honest, if I need to, I'll just delete my save file and start over from scratch to see what I was doing wrong.)

This is such a weird sentence to me.  I'm not trying to be a dick or anything but...

wut? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, AS_CHAOTIC said:

@Dr_Mayus I am a little confused, I thought 100% not be required was related to dlc completion, meaning that if you plat the game that was fine. However does this mean games without a platinum are not allowed in the game selections?

Nope, games without plats doesn't count, this is from the first post...

"What you need to do is plat games and spell words with the first letter of the title"

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

1 of 14 ? That's ambitious 270c.png:)

I'm happy if i'll get 5 in total although i'll avoid Common Plats 1f605.png

15 total. 1 down 14 to go. Discombobulated is my word. I think just one of mine is common. I'm probably gonna run out of time so if I do them in order I'll hopefully at least have spelt disco.

• Like 1

@DragonQuest238 I don't remember Dark Carnage being all that difficult. There's a good guide for it on our sister site (PST.org). It requires a lot of set-up, but it's mostly just about beefing up your Sage. You certainly don't have to start your game over...

Anyway, I don't know how the rest of you are doing it, but I'll be trying to finish my games in reverse order, so that my word shows up correctly if you're scrolling down through my profile. That means playing Yomawari: Midnight Shadows first, but I want that to be plat #125, so I'll have to finish a couple more games before then.

Good luck, everybody -- especially those who picked long words. I think the person with the longest word at the end should get a reward, for being the spelling bee master.

4 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

@DragonQuest238 I don't remember Dark Carnage being all that difficult. There's a good guide for it on our sister site (PST.org). It requires a lot of set-up, but it's mostly just about beefing up your Sage. You certainly don't have to start your game over...

No, it's not Carnage Dark I'm having trouble with, it's the stage I have to clear to complete the quest that will unlock the fight with Carnage Dark, the Carnage Stage for Outer Dark Demise. Everything is too powerful for me.

13 minutes ago, DragonQuest238 said:

No, it's not Carnage Dark I'm having trouble with, it's the stage I have to clear to complete the quest that will unlock the fight with Carnage Dark, the Carnage Stage for Outer Dark Demise. Everything is too powerful for me.

You can do it if you put your mind to it ^_^  I know you managed to get one of the top leaderboard times for Disgaea 5 on your old account, so have confidence in yourself.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Caju_94 said:

Ups, lack of attention, sorry... :P Thanks anyway!

No problem :) We had to cut it off eventually.

But if you haven't already make sure to check out  the other event starting up soon. 

7 hours ago, AS_CHAOTIC said:

@Dr_Mayus I am a little confused, I thought 100% not be required was related to dlc completion, meaning that if you plat the game that was fine. However does this mean games without a platinum are not allowed in the game selections?

Yes as @DeepEyes7 mentioned you need the plat to count. If you don't 100% the game...that is fine but games without Plats don't count.

Awesome plats everybody :D

I am going to be starting Yakuza Dead Souls soon...I weep for my soul :(

I find it kinda interesting to see how many already popped more than one plat considering the fact that the event lasts for more than 6 weeks. Ok, it's 7 weeks but we are in spelling class, not math ;)

And yet I'm still thinking about what to spell and to plat. But well, time will tell what I come up with. xD

12 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

You can do it if you put your mind to it ^_^  I know you managed to get one of the top leaderboard times for Disgaea 5 on your old account, so have confidence in yourself.

Thanks for the support! I am sort of surprised I got in the leaderboards for this game, but then again... I am not abandoning the game (even though I deleted it from my PS4 for the time being to make room in my hard drive) though, I will get back to it eventually even if I have to create a whole new character and raise them from scratch to see where I went wrong in getting the stat boosts.

6 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

I didn't plan on it, but I popped Ni no Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom for my #3,500. 

To make it easier:

S606abf.png

Great! I have this game on my list here as well so I intend to get back to it, just have a slog of Artifex Mundi titles to go through. xD

Speaking of which...

Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
1S9fc47a.png Eventide: Slavic Fable :platinum:

Eventide 2: Sorcerer's Mirror

Dark Cloud

Lost Grimoires: Stolen Kingdom

Eventide 3: Legacy of Legends

It's not my most impressive 25th, but it will do. We all start somewhere. ;)

Was going to plat Disgaea 5 but as I said before, one stage is kicking my @$$, so I just have to start over in a way and make another character who is strong enough to take out hordes of Level 9999 enemies with triple boosted stats. I didn't want to spend a week doing so and not get anywhere in this event. Also, I said I have a ton of point-and-clicks to complete to clear out my backlog. Once my Artifex Mundi backlog is gone, I can focus on my other games.

Even so, Eventide trolled me a lot. I missed two easily visible ethereal flowers so I had to do a second playthrough(which was probably for the best as most platinum alert images I have on my other accounts are of the mother begging for the Fern Flower, which wasn't a really great image for my displays) and then I had to upload my save to the cloud twice because I kept getting tempted to use a hint to find one item in a late hidden-object puzzle. Also, I was worried about a glitch I had earlier which prevented me from completing the game but it didn't happen again.

Still, all was okay. On to the next title!

Edited by DragonQuest238

Geeze, I only wish I had not done Perfect Angle for my PSN Alphabet Soup as Artifex Mundi now has a game starting with P...

Speaking of which(again)...

Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
1S9fc47a.png Eventide: Slavic Fable :platinum:

1Se4068c.png Eventide 2: Sorcerer's Mirror

Dark Cloud

Lost Grimoires: Stolen Kingdom

1Sfbe37d.png Eventide 3: Legacy of Legends

So that's all of the vowels done. And I'm 40 points to Rank 15, thanks to stacking Inksplosion trophies. Yeah, I went there. :P

Going to try again to get the Ni No Kuni trophy pop for Rank 15. ^_^

Well, finely got me "A", but Anima sure ends up being much harder then I expected.. specially taking in account that I was just playing on Easy all the time.. I really don't want to see how Hard mode is..

I was thinking in doing Nights of the Azure for N instead of NFS Rivals (I'm never feeling like going back to that..), but I think that I should stick to Rivals, since it's a faster platinum then Nights of the Azure, and my vacations end today.. on top of that, I have 2 other long platinum in Odin Sphere and Persona 4 DAN (this is another wild card, since I rarely play rhythm games.. but everyone says that it's easy.. still people also says that Resogun is easy, and I don't share that sentiment..).