It's the PSNP Spelling Bee (yes it rhymes)

How's everybody doing in their words? As for me, I'm decently 80% done.

Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
1S9fc47a.png Eventide: Slavic Fable :platinum:

1Se4068c.png Eventide 2: Sorcerer's Mirror

Dark Cloud

1S79bb83.png Lost Grimoires: Stolen Kingdom

1Sfbe37d.png Eventide 3: Legacy of Legends

So all of the EASY games are done. That leaves only the RPGs, but Dark Cloud should be quick once I get access to the Broken Dagger glitch and make the ultimate weapons for everyone. The only tough part will be the RNG involved in getting a weapon with the Steal property which is only available in a random big chest. I need to get the Bandit Slingshot as going for the Ring will mean I have 4x as many weapon types to sort through which will slow me down to a crawl as I dip into the Shipwreck over and over again. Nope, going to stick with the lower levels of Divine Beast Cave and not fight the first boss until I get a Bandit Slingshot. :P

Then I can 100% focus on Ni No Kuni II because my gawd it is going to take FOREVER.

20 hours ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

Got my first letter for my word. An O from Old Man’s Journey and it was kinda boring. But it was an O and I needed it.

I just got that platinum. I didn't think it was boring, but it was slow and can really be a bit frustrating for those click-happy people. The drag-the-landscape mechanic was pretty cool and I found the flashbacks poignant to telling the story.

I'm still working on 'Y' with Yooka-Laylee, but this game is harder and longer that I thought.

On the first minutes, I was scared by the controls, but after having some new moves, it's really better and nice to play.

I'm not the fastest player in the world, but i'm largely more than the 25 hours advised in the guide ;)

I just can't wait to have some pagies, I like to find a smart way to have them, but it's clear that it's faster to collect them only when you have every move unlocked !

12 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Hey... I won't be taking that L! My spelling doesn't begin until I get to my Y game. The first two letters are just... ...practice.

Yes, practice.

You don't need to use all your letters, so I can keep it in just in case you change your mind on your word?

I can remove it if you really want though, and add it back in at a later date if you change your mind for any reason? :)

Also - they always say, practice makes perfect, right? :P

• Like 1

Okay, after thinking about possible words for a few days (even with some weird choices like otaku or pr0n :giggle: ) I guess I finally came up with a selection of two words which are also rather doable considering all the games I want to finish in the next few weeks:

CRIMSON and IDOL.

So close and yet so far. xD 

The game-choices aren't final yet but these could be possible choices:

C - Crash Bandicoot: Warped

R - Riddled Corpses EX

I - Icey

M - Muv-Luv Alternative

S - Sundered, Stikbold

O - Owlboy

N - Need for Speed: Payback, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit

or

I - Icey

D - Detroit: Become Human

O - Owlboy

L - Life is Strange

It's likely that I will go for the shorter option as games like Muv-Luv or Need for Speed are real time sinks.

4 hours ago, Kristycism said:

You don't need to use all your letters, so I can keep it in just in case you change your mind on your word?

I can remove it if you really want though, and add it back in at a later date if you change your mind for any reason? :)

Also - they always say, practice makes perfect, right? :P

Knowing me, I'd probably try to create a second word, and I don't really need that kind of pressure in my life.

It might be kinda cool if, for the people who chose their word in advance, you type out the whole word next to their name and then highlight each letter (or something) as they earn the corresponding platinum. This way, we know what word people are going for.

Based on what I see now, I'm guessing @Dragon-Archon is doing the whole alphabet and @DragonQuest238 is Old McDonald.

1 hour ago, Cassylvania said:

Based on what I see now, I'm guessing @Dragon-Archon is doing the whole alphabet and @DragonQuest238 is Old McDonald.

Hey, the reason I created the word I did was as an excuse to platinum the entire Eventide series and get it out of the way. I don't exactly have a lot of other vowels other than A and E. xD

As of such, right now I am starting out on Dark Cloud to get that done and prove I am not a liar by saying it's an easy RPG to get through when you use an exploit. I could not use the bug, but knowing my laziness, I could be playing through six months before I complete the game otherwise. :P

Edited by DragonQuest238
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Hey, the reason I created the word I did was as an excuse to platinum the entire Eventide series and get it out of the way. I don't exactly have a lot of other vowels other than A and E. xD

As of such, right now I am starting out on Dark Cloud to get that done and prove I am not a liar by saying it's an easy RPG to get through when you use an exploit. I could not use the bug, but knowing my laziness, I could be playing through six months before I complete the game otherwise. :P

I want to hear how quick that goes (Dark Cloud). I almost started it because I want that play before Dark Cloud 2, and the 9 plats that I'm away from the 200th Plat milestone will be easy to get, while Dark Cloud 2, not really.. Specially since I only get access to my ps4 at weekends or when I'm on vacations (like the past 2 weeks). This is also why I need to see how time consuming will Dark Cloud actually be.. 

I also noticed that in a way I already have a 5 letter word if all goes wrong, with "GEARS".. Just hope that P4DAN goes smoothly and the same for Odin Sphere.. I will leave the N game for last, because I don't feel like playing NFS Rivals and depending on how much time I have after getting most of P4DAN and Odin Sphere, I may go after Nights of Azure or Nier Automata (both can be done fast, right?), other then those, I think that the only N games in my backlog are NFS Hot Pursuit (would need to boost), New Little King's Story, Nights of Azure 2 and Ni no Kuni 2 (not going to happen in the event time frame for sure)... And ya, I really don't like NFS Rivals.. 

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

Well, the first game is done. Yay... Okay, not really yay because I'm glad that I'm done with Owlboy. The fact that the game crashed during the ending (right when the last trophies popped) didn't help to raise the mood after constant wall hugging (to find any secret passages with no real visual indicator), wonky controls and a story that was everything but engaging.

Letters:

Games:

S193100.png

The version that should be easily copy-pasteable into the overview-post:

[url=https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/7477-owlboy/crimsonidol-de][img=https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/129c8f/S193100.png][/url]

2 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

I want to hear how quick that goes (Dark Cloud). I almost started it because I want that play before Dark Cloud 2, and the 9 plats that I'm away from the 200th Plat milestone will be easy to get, while Dark Cloud 2, not really..

I just finished Norune Village and got over half of the trophies in about 3 hours.

• Call it a hunch (Successfully force open a treasure chest by guessing its trap) Actually got this on the very first floor of the Divine Beast Cave. A big chest(where is where you will probably find a better weapon than your initial one) spawned in that floor. (To add surprise to shock, the very chest I opened on that floor was the back floor key!)
  • Calculating Kindness (View a town’s Georama Analysis after completing one of its residents’ requests) Unless you are not going for 100%, you will probably get this as soon as you fully rebuild the Macho's House in Norune, because their request is very easy - you just need to put their house right next to the gate to the Divine Beast Cave. Then check your Georama chart and this should pop.
  • Heads up (Kill an enemy with a thrown item) I found a bomb on Floor 3 and used it to kill a Statue monster because those monsters can eat through your weapon's stamina like crazy.
  • Even Stronger (Build up a weapon into a new weapon) Once I fully restored Gaffer's buggy, I used a glitch that lets you get a debug item you attach to your weapon and it maxes out all of their stats. Then I used the Upgrade function to absorb that item into the weapon I got from the first big chest, which was a Gladius, and used the Build Up function to make it into a Chopper. That Gladius ended up becoming my Toan's Chronicle Sword, the best and strongest weapon in the game for him. :)
  • Home Sweet Home (Completely assemble Renee & Toan's house.)
  • What's This?! (Use the Changing Potion to turn the stray cat into Xiao.) These two are unmissable - once you get to Floor 8, you do a scene and then get the potion and an Atla which you need to finish rebuilding Toan's house. Once you complete that, you'll get to name Xiao - if you want - and then you can use the potion on her. You won't be able to complete the game without doing this, so these trophies can't be avoided.
  • For the birds (Arrange 10 trees in Norune Village.) If you are going for 100% for Hometown Hero, you'll have to put down ten trees. The thing is that you may not get this trophy right away, the Atla are randomized so you may not get good Atla until later in the dungeon. That said, the game will never lock you out of an event that grants a character necessary to completing the game before the floor where you are first forced to use them, in this case all of the Atla needed to fully rebuild Toan's house MUST appear by Floor 7, so as long as you get all of the Atla on every floor, you'll be able to get these characters by the time you hit a floor that bars your progress without their special attack ability.
  • Specialized Weapon (Max any attribute for a weapon without an attachment.) I used the broken dagger debug item. As I said, I absorbed it into my Gladius with Upgrade and that permanently sets your weapon's stats, so it got max stats in everything permanently and this trophy popped. It won't count if the accessory is just attached, it has to be absorbed into the weapon using it by Upgrade to count.
  • Comfort Food (Boost a character's defense by eating their favorite food.) As you clear levels in a dungeon, small orange chests appear in the nearby town or city in the Georama you place. Some of them contain a piece of food that will, if that character loves it, will increase their defense by 7-9 depending on the character. You should find a Fluffy Doughnut in a small orange chest in Gaffer's Buggy or at Dran's Windmill by the time you completely restore the town. Use it on Toan(it's his favorite food) and he'll get a defense boost and you'll get this trophy.
  • Teach a man to fish... (Acquire a fishing rod) This is also related to the Georama. One of the houses you restore is home to a brother and sister. It's called Alnet's house. Once you restored that house fully, enter it and you'll get a cutscene, a fishing rod, and this trophy.
  • The Big One (Catch a fish over 100 cm in length) Once you place the pond in Norune you can use it to fish up fish. I used a few pieces of bait and caught a fish at 106 cm. They are usually the large fish shadows that you want. If all else fails, catch a Baron Garayan for the other fish trophy later on - the smallest are still over 100 cm.
  • Hoarder (Check an item in the check-in counter) This is really easy. You have to restore the Hag's House completely. Once you visit her after you do this, there is a scene. Go back in and talk to her and you can store items from your inventory into her storage area. (You can unlock other people who will store stuff for you and they all share the same area so you can pull items out that stored elsewhere.) Doing this once will get this trophy. I put the Manual you get because I didn't need it, it's just a tutorial book.
  • The God of Beasts (Defeat Dran)
  • Hometown Hero (Learn the Windmill Slash) You first need to defeat the boss of the Divine Beast Cave. Since I had uber weapons I won with one hit. After that, check your Georama chart. It has to be at 100% in all three bars, which is done by placing Georama in a way that the residents want. This is the only trophy which requires you to have a town's Georama at 100% in all three bars, though you get other bonuses for restoring other towns to 100% in all three bars(and the last Georama needs to be at 100% in all three bars anyways because it's mandatory to complete the story). If you are having trouble getting 100% in Norune Village, here is a link to a map on GameFAQs that shows the best Georama placements for 100%.

Edited by DragonQuest238
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, DragonQuest238 said:

I just finished Norune Village and got over half of the trophies in about 3 hours.

Hide contents
  • Call it a hunch (Successfully force open a treasure chest by guessing its trap) Actually got this on the very first floor of the Divine Beast Cave. A big chest(where is where you will probably find a better weapon than your initial one) spawned in that floor. (To add surprise to shock, the very chest I opened on that floor was the back floor key!)
  • Calculating Kindness (View a town’s Georama Analysis after completing one of its residents’ requests) Unless you are not going for 100%, you will probably get this as soon as you fully rebuild the Macho's House in Norune, because their request is very easy - you just need to put their house right next to the gate to the Divine Beast Cave. Then check your Georama chart and this should pop.
  • Heads up (Kill an enemy with a thrown item) I found a bomb on Floor 3 and used it to kill a Statue monster because those monsters can eat through your weapon's stamina like crazy.
  • Even Stronger (Build up a weapon into a new weapon) Once I fully restored Gaffer's buggy, I used a glitch that lets you get a debug item you attach to your weapon and it maxes out all of their stats. Then I used the Upgrade function to absorb that item into the weapon I got from the first big chest, which was a Gladius, and used the Build Up function to make it into a Chopper. That Gladius ended up becoming my Toan's Chronicle Sword, the best and strongest weapon in the game for him. :)
  • Home Sweet Home (Completely assemble Renee & Toan's house.)
  • What's This?! (Use the Changing Potion to turn the stray cat into Xiao.) These two are unmissable - once you get to Floor 8, you do a scene and then get the potion and an Atla which you need to finish rebuilding Toan's house. Once you complete that, you'll get to name Xiao - if you want - and then you can use the potion on her. You won't be able to complete the game without doing this, so these trophies can't be avoided.
  • For the birds (Arrange 10 trees in Norune Village.) If you are going for 100% for Hometown Hero, you'll have to put down ten trees. The thing is that you may not get this trophy right away, the Atla are randomized so you may not get good Atla until later in the dungeon. That said, the game will never lock you out of an event that grants a character necessary to completing the game before the floor where you are first forced to use them, in this case all of the Atla needed to fully rebuild Toan's house MUST appear by Floor 7, so as long as you get all of the Atla on every floor, you'll be able to get these characters by the time you hit a floor that bars your progress without their special attack ability.
  • Specialized Weapon (Max any attribute for a weapon without an attachment.) I used the broken dagger debug item. As I said, I absorbed it into my Gladius with Upgrade and that permanently sets your weapon's stats, so it got max stats in everything permanently and this trophy popped. It won't count if the accessory is just attached, it has to be absorbed into the weapon using it by Upgrade to count.
  • Comfort Food (Boost a character's defense by eating their favorite food.) As you clear levels in a dungeon, small orange chests appear in the nearby town or city in the Georama you place. Some of them contain a piece of food that will, if that character loves it, will increase their defense by 7-9 depending on the character. You should find a Fluffy Doughnut in a small orange chest in Gaffer's Buggy or at Dran's Windmill by the time you completely restore the town. Use it on Toan(it's his favorite food) and he'll get a defense boost and you'll get this trophy.
  • Teach a man to fish... (Acquire a fishing rod) This is also related to the Georama. One of the houses you restore is home to a brother and sister. It's called Alnet's house. Once you restored that house fully, enter it and you'll get a cutscene, a fishing rod, and this trophy.
  • The Big One (Catch a fish over 100 cm in length) Once you place the pond in Norune you can use it to fish up fish. I used a few pieces of bait and caught a fish at 106 cm. They are usually the large fish shadows that you want. If all else fails, catch a Baron Garayan for the other fish trophy later on - the smallest are still over 100 cm.
  • Hoarder (Check an item in the check-in counter) This is really easy. You have to restore the Hag's House completely. Once you visit her after you do this, there is a scene. Go back in and talk to her and you can store items from your inventory into her storage area. (You can unlock other people who will store stuff for you and they all share the same area so you can pull items out that stored elsewhere.) Doing this once will get this trophy. I put the Manual you get because I didn't need it, it's just a tutorial book.
  • The God of Beasts (Defeat Dran)
  • Hometown Hero (Learn the Windmill Slash) You first need to defeat the boss of the Divine Beast Cave. Since I had uber weapons I won with one hit. After that, check your Georama chart. It has to be at 100% in all three bars, which is done by placing Georama in a way that the residents want. This is the only trophy which requires you to have a town's Georama at 100% in all three bars, though you get other bonuses for restoring other towns to 100% in all three bars(and the last Georama needs to be at 100% in all three bars anyways because it's mandatory to complete the story). If you are having trouble getting 100% in Norune Village, here is a link to a map on GameFAQs that shows the best Georama placements for 100%.

Cool! 

I will need to look into how to get that debug item thing.. 

I played both Dark Cloud ages ago (on ps2), so some things that you mentioned sounded familiar, even if I didn't started playing it on PS4 yet. 

I think that's my next focus game on ps4 after I'm done with my letters for this event. (I will likely start 3 other games on ps4 soon, but that's just to boost/get online done). 

PS: ya, I have most or all ps2 to ps4 JRPGs on my backlog (maybe I'm missing Harvest Moon), and I did play and own most of those on ps2 too.. Still wish we could get more on ps4 :(

37 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Well, the first game is done. Yay... Okay, not really yay because I'm glad that I'm done with Owlboy. The fact that the game crashed during the ending (right when the last trophies popped) didn't help to raise the mood after constant wall hugging (to find any secret passages with no real visual indicator), wonky controls and a story that was everything but engaging.

That's unfortunate to hear. I thought that game looked really good... Just been waiting for a price drop, but maybe I'll keep on waiting.

Now, I just started playing Burly Men at Sea. I don't want to see no B on my list when I finish it...which should take like two hours. So, no B's, okay?

Image result for not the bees gif

I said no B's!

Got the letter "O" from "Old Mans Journey".  Nice little puzzle game.  I liked it.  Very chill.

I gotta question.  What's up with all these short indie games that want to make me cry at the end?  I mean, I like a good cry as much as the next guy but c'mon.  I'm here for fun.  Not some stark reminder that life is short and fragile and that we should enjoy whatever time we have left on this planet.  To appreciate all of the people in our life that have made a positive impact on us.  To embrace what we have and not to seek out harm against others just to fill some negative void left by whatever shortcomings we might struggle with.  I don't want to finish a game and have an overwhelming desire to not only call every living family member I have, but to confess how I've been a terrible son/grandson/brother/cousin and that I promise to take some time off next week to come and visit.  Now I gotta burn up some vacation time just cause I played a little indie game with an easy plat so I could "earn" a badge on psnprofiles, fml.