It's the PSNP Spelling Bee (yes it rhymes)

I'm back and platted some games in the meantime:

1. Ratchet & Clank
  2. Cyberdimension Neptunia
  3. Batman
  4. Dust An Elysian Tail
  5. Apotheon
  6. Tales from the Borderlands

Still have no idea what I can spell with this, so to be continued. Also working on trophy #9,000 which is going to be Valkyria Chronicles.

On 8/17/2018 at 5:47 PM, Cassylvania said:

Based on what I see now, I'm guessing @Dragon-Archon is doing the whole alphabet

Hmm interesting :hmm: .

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Still have no idea what I can spell with this, so to be continued. Also working on trophy #9,000 which is going to be Valkyria Chronicles.

Well... if you Plat more games, you'll probably have more options. But you could currently spell bract. I didn't even know that was a word. ? 

• Like 2

Downloaded that Inksplosion game for an I, that was a mistake. Even at $3 that game was a disappointment. But I have my I. Those are my pre-Halloween event games done and now I’m waiting for September 1st to finally play some games I’m really looking forward to. Batman The Enemy Within, Oxenfree, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Yoku’s Island Adventure.

status

B

I - Inksplosion

O - Old Man’s Journey

L - LEGO Jurassic World 

O

G

Y

I need to sleep because I have to wake up early tomorrow to get some breakfast before my weekly exercise session, then I will work on Nightmares From the Deep and work towards that Dark Cloud platinum for my 40th plat. I have some back ups if that falls through.

Also, since the participant list shows all of the games we platinumed since the event began and listed their lettes, then you will have to make my entry

E E E E G G H H I I L P O since I platinumed the following games since the list started:

• Planet of the Eyes
  • Enigmatis 3: The Shadow of Karkhala
  • Hitman GO: Definitive Edition
  • Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride
  • Grim Legends 3: The Dark City

At this rate, I should just change my world to GIGGLE and do Grim Fandango Remastered and ICEY. :P

Was going to do NEEDLEWORK but due to my procrastination condition I don't know whether I can get the strength to work on  the many Kingdom Hearts games I've started and I wouldn't be able to start the rest of the stuff until September because Oceanhorn is on my Fall Challenge. I could do NEEDLECRAFT(I have forma.8 and Teslagrad and a C and R for other long-term events) but I dunno... I need to sleep on it.

Edited by DragonQuest238

I'd like to expand my word a little bit because I almost finished with N and it's not even September yet. I want to balance the fact that most of these are games you can platinum in a few hours by adding in more of them. I am going to add a couple of games from other events I am in, namely one from the Fall Backlog challenge and one from Trophophobia:

Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart
Eventide: Slavic Fable

Eventide 2: Sorcerer's Mirror

Dark Cloud

Lost Grimoires: Stolen Kingdom

Eventide 3: Legacy of Legends
Persian Nights: Sands of Wonder (another Artifex Mundi game)
Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas (from Fall Backlog 2018)
ICEY
Nightmares from the Deep 3: Davy Jones (from Trophophobia)
The Deadly Tower of Monsters

EDIT: Just got the platinum for my N title.

Edited by DragonQuest238
  • Like 1

Okay, I think that's everything up to date again! Unless I messed up, which I apparently did last time by forgetting to add letters, but that should all be fixed, and now there's probably new mistakes instead >_<

On 18/08/2018 at 3:44 PM, Evil_Joker88 said:

Pls @Kristycism change my word to BRAGG. Yes again it's a name of a man, every combination of R G B A H G S i thought about showed to be a man's name ?

Per the first post, you can only use words that are in the Oxford Dictionary, no names. I kept you as Ramage for now (because that's also a word), but I can change you to Brag if you want? Or if you can find an E plat, you could go for Barge?

On 22/08/2018 at 5:11 AM, DragonQuest238 said:

Also, since the participant list shows all of the games we platinumed since the event began and listed their lettes, then you will have to make my entry

E E E E G G H H I I L P O since I platinumed the following games since the list started:

I can change yours to only track your word if you want, like I did for Cassy? For everyone else, I've just been tracking all letters so they can change their words as often as they like, and I'll still have a note of all letters to know if they've achieved the word or not. But Cassy asked to only track her planned word and no other letters, so I can do that for you as well (or anyone else that wants me to do so) if you'd like?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kristycism said:

Okay, I think that's everything up to date again! Unless I messed up, which I apparently did last time by forgetting to add letters, but that should all be fixed, and now there's probably new mistakes instead >_<

Ratchet & Clank is still missing from my list and I don't have a planned word, instead I'll be playing it like Scrabble by trying to create a word from the games that have been platted.

On 8/18/2018 at 4:44 PM, Evil_Joker88 said:

Here comes the first change :D

Pls @Kristycism change my word to BRAGG. Yes again it's a name of a man, every combination of R G B A H G S i thought about showed to be a man's name 1f602.png

With those letters you can also spell:

48 minutes ago, Kristycism said:

Per the first post, you can only use words that are in the Oxford Dictionary, no names. I kept you as Ramage for now (because that's also a word), but I can change you to Brag if you want? Or if you can find an E plat, you could go for Barge

But the name i found is in the Oxford Dictionary Online?! Mh... Although Brags (thx @Dragon-Archon )  looks good so i'll go for that :) 

Edited by Evil_Joker88

2 hours ago, Kristycism said:

I can change yours to only track your word if you want, like I did for Cassy? For everyone else, I've just been tracking all letters so they can change their words as often as they like, and I'll still have a note of all letters to know if they've achieved the word or not. But Cassy asked to only track her planned word and no other letters, so I can do that for you as well (or anyone else that wants me to do so) if you'd like?

Yeah, um... I think I changed my mind. As much as I like my word -- and I do want to spell that at some point -- I think it might be just as fun to play whatever games I intend to play for the other two concurrent events (Platapalooza and Trophophobia), and then we'll see what mystery word I can spell by the end of September. Plus, that'll be easier than trying to tailor my games to fit across three events...

So, I'll be taking my L now.

And my B.

And soon to be Y.

BLY. That's a thing, right?

Edited by Cassylvania

1 hour ago, Cassylvania said:

I think it might be just as fun to play whatever games I intend to play for the other two concurrent events (Platapalooza and Trophophobia), and then we'll see what mystery word I can spell by the end of September.

Changing this to be my plan as well since I haven't started any of the games I was going to. ? @Kristycism Next time you update, please remove my word. ?

3 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Ratchet & Clank is still missing from my list and I don't have a planned word, instead I'll be playing it like Scrabble by trying to create a word from the games that have been platted.

I think you earned it too early? But @Dr_Mayus will need to confirm. Event started on the 13th, which it would've been where I am when you earned it, but I think I've to go by the date where Dr_Mayus is? If he says it's okay, I'll add it, if not, I can't. I don't make the decisions though :P

2 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

But the name i found is in the Oxford Dictionary Online?! Mh... Although Brags (thx @Dragon-Archon )  looks good so i'll go for that :) 

Dr_Mayus can confirm this too, idk if it counts or not? I'm just an admin lady, I refuse to make decisions, the boss can make them all :P

Or I can change you to Brags either way, if you'd prefer?

1 hour ago, Cassylvania said:

Yeah, um... I think I changed my mind. As much as I like my word -- and I do want to spell that at some point -- I think it might be just as fun to play whatever games I intend to play for the other two concurrent events (Platapalooza and Trophophobia), and then we'll see what mystery word I can spell by the end of September. Plus, that'll be easier than trying to tailor my games to fit across three events...

So, I'll be taking my L now.

And my B.

And soon to be Y.

BLY. That's a thing, right?

Okay, I'll change it for you next time I update everyone :)

And "Lyb" is actually an Old English word. Dunno if it's in the Oxford Dictionary but it's on Wiktionary

28 minutes ago, Aeir_ said:

Changing this to be my plan as well since I haven't started any of the games I was going to. ? @Kristycism Next time you update, please remove my word. ?

It's a good plan! Because that's what I'm doing too! :P And I always make good plans! *cough* But yeah, will update it for you next time I do the updates for everyone :)

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Kristycism said:

I think you earned it too early? But @Dr_Mayus will need to confirm. Event started on the 13th, which it would've been where I am when you earned it, but I think I've to go by the date where Dr_Mayus is? If he says it's okay, I'll add it, if not, I can't. I don't make the decisions though :P

That would suck, as I didn't find anything about a specific time zone in the OP and waited to pop the R&C plat until it was August 13.

5 hours ago, Kristycism said:

I can change yours to only track your word if you want, like I did for Cassy?

That would be fine. I have already decided on my word for the most part. Might change D back to Disgaea 5, I am going to be working on that game and trying to get a Sage that doesn't suck and can kill Carnage Dark in two hits so that means grinding for extracts. :P We'll see.

Got one more game almost to the finish line. Yomawari: Night Alone has one trophy left. But I have to wait until September 1st to finish that one, as well. Though I have no idea how many hours I've played, so it may end up taking a day or two to idle up to 50. :/

Just an A game left to spell Mayus. May not be playing what I had listed, though. :ninja:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

I'm curious what The Boss (or maybe Big Boss?) @Dr_Mayus says about picking names but lets set Brags for now @Kristycism

It was asked already:

On 7/26/2018 at 5:27 AM, Dragon-Archon said:

Since the username "Mayus" is a viable option, does that mean other names or usernames are eligible for this event? This clearly has nothing to do whatsoever with my plan to play what I feel like and most likely ending up with a lot of consonants :ninja: .

And answered:

On 7/26/2018 at 9:56 AM, Dr_Mayus said:

Get out of here with that. as @Kristycism said this is all about my super self indulgent whims and wanting a super amazing bonus badge dedicated to my User Name :P

3 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

That would suck, as I didn't find anything about a specific time zone in the OP and waited to pop the R&C plat until it was August 13.

I'm all for including it, but I was going by these two posts on when I should start tracking everyone from:

On 12/08/2018 at 11:16 PM, Dr_Mayus said:

OK sorry everyone. As I said I am working crazy hours right now so I get like 1 or 2 hours a day to actually have free time and on Sundays I have lots of yard work and house work to do.

So it is 5:16pm CST time here so we will go with CST time. I will make a post at Midnight when everyone can start up. 

As of this post there will be no one else allowed to enter...so anyone before this is good to go. 

On 13/08/2018 at 6:26 AM, Dr_Mayus said:

MIDNIGHT...WELL ACTUALLY 12:30 :P

Let us have a song about spelling before getting this started :D

I'm only here to help track things to take the admin burden away from the boss, I can't (and don't want to) make any decisions either way. If he says it's okay, I'll happily add it in, just need to wait for him to confirm. I'm sure it'll be fine though?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Kristycism said:

I'm all for including it, but I was going by these two posts on when I should start tracking everyone from:

I'm only here to help track things to take the admin burden away from the boss, I can't (and don't want to) make any decisions either way. If he says it's okay, I'll happily add it in, just need to wait for him to confirm. I'm sure it'll be fine though?

Damn, I completely missed that post. It was posted during the week that I took some time off from work and also from reviewing guides at PSNP.

@Dr_Mayus Any chance I could convince you to use the PRD's method where each person's time zone can be used?

Edited by Dragon-Archon