It's the PSNP Spelling Bee (yes it rhymes)

OK, I played some shit called Ether One that was so broken that I'm honestly surprised it didn't start removing trophies from other games. After all that, I damn well better be able to use this E somewhere.

LBYE.

BYLE. Yeah, that describes that game alright. But I guess it has to be spelled right...

Well, I could go for BELLY, but Little Dragons Cafe is getting killed in the review department...

L... L... Hm...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

OK, I played some shit called Ether One that was so broken that I'm honestly surprised it didn't start removing trophies from other games. After all that, I damn well better be able to use this E somewhere.

LBYE.

BYLE. Yeah, that describes that game alright. But I guess it has to be spelled right...

Well, I could go for BELLY, but Little Dragons Cafe is getting killed in the review department...

L... L... Hm...

You could always do a Lego game since there's over 30 to choose from. 

4 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

I'm playing L.A. Noire right now and am actually enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would.
PS4 version includes all the DLC with the game as well, so you don't have to worry about buying all the extras :)

Oh yeah, I love the look of that game! Pretty much anything noir. I'm just not sure if I'll have time to complete it this month, or if I'll want to rush through it that quickly. Hm...

1 minute ago, Kent said:

You could always do a Lego game since there's over 30 to choose from. 

Yeah, that's always an option. I think there's some detective Lego game too. That could be kinda fun.

Alright, let's take a look...

20 hours ago, eigen-space said:

I think I might have just made the first MAYUS with my completion of Mary Skelter: Nightmares :)

Sfcff76.png
S6c7f36.png

Se50c64.png

S988631.png

S271b03.png

Sweet Deal :D

Congrats

I myself am getting stuck on my Y game. Yakuza Dead Souls got really hard and I saved it in a part where I couldn't go back. I actually started again to better equip myself :( Luckily I wasn't overly far into my Dead Souls run.

On 9/1/2018 at 1:39 PM, BlackSquirrell1 said:

Am I too late to this party?  I'd like to join if possible!  

Yeah, sorry, we are already a couple of weeks in and the deadline was already extended once (had to cut it off eventually).

Awesome job everyone on your plats :D I think I might be around more next week as the over time might finally be over (they keep extending it every monday so we will).

Contestant 1: Ok Pat...I'd like an M(iddle-earth: Shadow of War 100%) please...

Pat: Oh, sorry there are no M's.

Contestant 1: No, no...you are mistaken...there has to be an M...this guy just played this game for 40 hours and you mean to tell me it's not one of the letters..

Pat: I didn't say he was a smart guy....but there are no M's....however since you are the only one playing...what would you like to do?

Contestant 1: ....I'll spin....

game1_1.png

• Like 4

@DragonQuest238 Yeah, that's the one! Looks just as long as L.A. Noire, though.

Gah, do I really feel like committing to a 30+ hour game? That's asking a lot out of me on a timed event, you know...

@Briste Dang, I thought for sure the word was MURDERY... SURGERY is totally my next guess.

It's gotta end in Y. It's just gotta.

Just now, Cassylvania said:

@Briste Dang, I thought for sure the word was MURDERY... SURGERY is totally my next guess.

It's gotta end in Y. It's just gotta.

lol well our Contestant already asked for R's and there was only one...so both of those words are out. I was originally going to do Murders to get in the mood for the Halloween event...however I changed my mind since I couldn't find a cheap second R game that I wanted to play. Good guesses though!

I was working on ICEY when the unspeakable happened: MY GAME CRASHED AND THE SAVE GOT CORRUPTED AND EVERYTHING WAS LOST. ?

So I can't complete NEEDLEPOINT after all. Not unless I damn myself to Hell again by playing inFAMOUS Second Son again, and I really don't like the thought about having to go through those cutscenes twice in a row a fourth time. Don't even like the game anymore.

So I have to decided to drop all of those letters and just change the word for my participation to NEEDLED.

Why?

Because I was going to platinum Dragon Quest Builders anyways as my 50th platinum. It's also part of my Fall Backlog, so why not? :)

1. Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart
  2. Eventide: Slavic Fable
  3. Eventide 2: Sorcerer's Mirror
  4. Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance
  5. Lost Grimoires: Stolen Kingdom
  6. Eventide 3: Legacy of Legends
  7. Dragon Quest Builders

6 hours ago, Kristycism said:

@DragonQuest238 you already have two Ds, one for Disagea 5 and another for Day of the Tentacle, so I marked you as complete for NEEDLED :)

Okay, but that won't stop me from platinuming Dragon Quest Builders. I just should have known that ICEY was buggy, it got bad reviews for crashing and losing saves when the original HK version came out. :( I do intend to platinum Trine 3 and ICEY someday, but just not this month.

49 minutes ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Okay, but that won't stop me from platinuming Dragon Quest Builders. I just should have known that ICEY was buggy, it got bad reviews for crashing and losing saves when the original HK version came out. :( I do intend to platinum Trine 3 and ICEY someday, but just not this month.

Haha, of course, you should definitely still go for Dragon Quest Builders! It looks really good! I keep thinking of picking it up once I've cleared some of my backlog, but now the new DQ game is out and I kinda want to get that one instead :P

• Like 1

Hey! Get both! Unless you're strapped for cash. I have vowed not to play Dragon Quest XI when it downloads on my PS4(I pre-ordered it online) until I platinum Dragon Quest Builders, but both of these games have different mechanics. If you love the original Dragon Quest series, definitely don't waste time and play XI, but I like the building aspect of Builders and it doesn't become a one-and-done after you get the platinum, you can go to the free-play island, get all of the recipes, and create your own fantasy palace and share it online. ^_^

This has been a great event. I wish I had gotten more letters but I need to work on my games for Trophophobia and Fall Backlog so it's better just to cut my losses.

Edited by DragonQuest238

Sorry for not giving any updates, was busy clearing a lot of games for another challenge. (The Grimy Spider-Man challenge) Dang, that's a lot of letters. Just finished up Uncharted 2 to clear the Mayus requirements, but I need to figure out if I can do anything for the rest of my collection... I definitively need some additional vowels.

MAYUS - Cleared

BBCCCEEJNLPRSS - Remaining letters

Just finished Aer, so I guess I'm done. Mayus successfully spelled. ^_^

On 9/2/2018 at 3:44 PM, eigen-space said:

Hit me up if you decide to go down that road. I can give you the pros and cons of each :P 

If there are ones much lighter with time constraints (or preferably have none at all), I'd probably enjoy those more.

38 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

If there are ones much lighter with time constraints (or preferably have none at all), I'd probably enjoy those more.

The Mysterious trilogy has no time limits (aside from one or two things that are really generous on the limit), and they do have day of the week/ time of day mechanics where certain enemies and ingredients only appear on particular days. The downside to Mysterious is that the characters aren't as great until you get to Lydie & Suelle.

Shallie also doesn't have time constraints, but you'd have to play through the first two in order for it to make sense.

13 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Nice, congrats :yay: . How is Yomawari?

Thank you!

Yomawari is kind of a love-hate relationship. I started it nearly two years ago and just wasn't good at it. You have to do a lot of hiding/stealthing through the game, and I didn't have those skills back then. After "getting good" at those types of mechanics, the game was much more enjoyable. Even after getting better at those types of things, there were a couple trophies that were annoying... like having to idle for 50 hours -_-;
But I think it's a solid game that anyone should give a go. It has a lot of good qualities, including storytelling and artwork and minimalism with the soundtrack. And there are several jaw-dropping moments... if you get through the game without one, you're a heartless dragon :P 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

Yomawari is kind of a love-hate relationship. I started it nearly two years ago and just wasn't good at it. You have to do a lot of hiding/stealthing through the game, and I didn't have those skills back then. After "getting good" at those types of mechanics, the game was much more enjoyable. Even after getting better at those types of things, there were a couple trophies that were annoying... like having to idle for 50 hours -_-;
But I think it's a solid game that anyone should give a go. It has a lot of good qualities, including storytelling and artwork and minimalism with the soundtrack. And there are several jaw-dropping moments... if you get through the game without one, you're a heartless dragon :P 

I couldn't even get through the prologue without a jaw dropping moment.  I'm currently playing and enjoying it, but I thought it would be much more cuter and less horrifying than it actually is! -_-