It's the PSNP Spelling Bee (yes it rhymes)

Right now I'm setting my sights high and trying to go for Mayus (I'm probably delusional!).  Started Unfinished Swan but will jump into some of my other games to work on the letters of the alphabet.  At the least, my goal is to try for a 5 letter word.

Edited by Lorajet

1 hour ago, Lorajet said:

Started Unfinished Swan

Might want to confirm that games without a plat count because:

2 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Also I don't care about 100% in a game...just the plat.

Not sure if that is meant to be geared toward just games with DLC, but if this is in the spirit of the other Alphabet event, that one only uses games with plats.

Regardless, I'd like to join!

• Like 1

I'll give this a shot.

I've already decided on a word too, DARTS. I've already got a few games in mind to do.

Dragon Ball Raging Blast/Dragon's Dogma/Dungeon Siege III/Dynasty Warrior Gundam 2/Diablo III Reaper of Souls/Dishonored

Assassin's Creed Liberation/Akiba's Trip

Resident Evil 5/Resident Evil Revelations

Trinity Universe/Time and Eternity/Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World/The Witch and the Hundred Knight/The Cursed Crusade/The Wolf Among Us/Too man T games

Saint Seiya Soldiers' Soul/Sonic Generations/Sonic Unleashed/Street Fighter x Tekken/Soul Sacrifice/Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

Don't know exactly which ones yet, but I wanted a word with a lot of options, but also that would make me play some games that I've been wanting to go back to, but keep getting distracted from.

I almost went with Farts, because lol, but my F games are a little too hard to do in the time frame. I'm also already playing Diablo and Dragon Ball, so I thought I'd make it a little easier on myself, haha.

Edited by ExHaseo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

It was merely in jest. If you are actually looking for something quicker (and not a JRPG), you could do Yooka and Laylee.

Hey, I have some standards. :P I have thought about trying a Yakuza game, but I wanted to get my backlog down some first before I start adding any more to it. xD 

11 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

I guess this would only be possible if I would buy all stacks of all ezpz games, which ain't my style. xD 

Oh thank goodness. I was thinking on the way to work :o What if he actually tries to go for it :P

10 hours ago, Lorajet said:

Right now I'm setting my sights high and trying to go for Mayus (I'm probably delusional!).  Started Unfinished Swan but will jump into some of my other games to work on the letters of the alphabet.  At the least, my goal is to try for a 5 letter word.

Yes as was mentioned you need to plat games for this event. Actually if you read rules 4-6 I use the word Plat 4 times ^_^

9 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

Sign me up! :D

Do you need to know what words/games we plan on doing in advance?

No, because games tend to change as you play and that just makes more updating than needed. And as Rule #6 says

6. You don't have to list out all your games now. In fact we will only update your games once you plat a game but feel free to talk about what you are playing down below :)

Also I am glad to see so many people interested in this :) Wasn't entirely sure how it would go over but I hope it turns out to be a fun event.

Edited by Dr_Mayus

Sign me up as well. I have a word already, it's supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. Even though the sound of it is something quite atrocious. If you say it loud....

Thought I made a really great joke, but then I checked the Oxford dictionary, and it's an actual word. I guess the joke was on me.

My actual word is STARS:

Star Ocean 5: Integrity & Faithlessness

Tales of Berseria

Agarest Generation of War 2/Asura's Wrath

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Steins;Gate 0 - 93%

Edited by Edunstar84
  • Like 1

I'd like to join as well!

If I can convince my partner to finish Yasai Ninja with me, I might go for that bonus badge. I don't know if that's possible, though. The first time we played, they didn't know any better. It's going to be harder to convince them to do it again when they already know how awful the game is :P 

Everyone up until this point should have been added to the participants list in the second post. If I missed anyone, feel free to yell at me and I'll add you in! :)

13 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

I almost went with Farts, because lol, but my F games are a little too hard to do in the time frame. I'm also already playing Diablo and Dragon Ball, so I thought I'd make it a little easier on myself, haha.

You can always do your A, R, T, and S words, then you'll be able to spell either "Darts" or "Farts"? :P Or if you don't finish either, you'll still have Arts as a four-letter word anyway :)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

I'd like to join as well!

If I can convince my partner to finish Yasai Ninja with me, I might go for that bonus badge. I don't know if that's possible, though. The first time we played, they didn't know any better. It's going to be harder to convince them to do it again when they already know how awful the game is :P 

I actually went through all the Y games yesterday and it is a terribly hard list, I didn't think about that when I made the Bonus requirement. :P

I already own the Yooka Laylee and Ys Memories of Celcetta plats so I don't know what I will do. Both Yasai and Young Justice need co-op to plat so I would have to find someone local to plat those with me. 

4 hours ago, Kristycism said:

Everyone up until this point should have been added to the participants list in the second post. If I missed anyone, feel free to yell at me and I'll add you in! :)

You can always do your A, R, T, and S words, then you'll be able to spell either "Darts" or "Farts"? :P Or if you don't finish either, you'll still have Arts as a four-letter word anyway :)

Thanks for updating it :D. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I actually went through all the Y games yesterday and it is a terribly hard list, I didn't think about that when I made the Bonus requirement. :P

I already own the Yooka Laylee and Ys Memories of Celcetta plats so I don't know what I will do. Both Yasai and Young Justice need co-op to plat so I would have to find someone local to plat those with me.

In that case I recommend Ys VIII Lacrimosa of Dana :awesome: .

Wait, do the games not have to be completed in order? I was under the assumption that part of the word spelling was spelling the word in order.

P.S. for everyone looking for a Y, there's always Yoku's Island Express. A game i've been saving for my Y and saving for something that might be soon announced......

Edited by DoctorDrPepper

Took a look at my backlog and I have almost enough games to spell "Mayus":

• Megadimention Neptunia or Mind=0
  • Assassin's Creed Rogue
  • Ys Origin or Yakuza 4
  • U .... ?
  • Soul Sacrifice

Thought about spelling "dragon", but missing the letters G, O, and N. So, I'll just play whatever I feel like and see if anything can be spelled with that :lol: .

4 minutes ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

Wait, do the games not have to be completed in order? I was under the assumption that part of the word spelling was spelling the word in order.

Apparently not, you can play them out of order.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

3 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

In that case I recommend Ys VIII Lacrimosa of Dana :awesome: .

Is that the super tough one? :o

I actually do own Yakuza Dead Souls as it will be my Y Ultra Rare platinum. I might have to start that up and see if I can finish it in time. 

2 minutes ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

No, because then you are stuck with your word. I mean that would make sense the way you are saying it but this way it leaves it open if you need to switch your word up.