It's the PSNP Spelling Bee (yes it rhymes)

10 hours ago, eigen-space said:

Thank you!

Yomawari is kind of a love-hate relationship. I started it nearly two years ago and just wasn't good at it. You have to do a lot of hiding/stealthing through the game, and I didn't have those skills back then. After "getting good" at those types of mechanics, the game was much more enjoyable. Even after getting better at those types of things, there were a couple trophies that were annoying... like having to idle for 50 hours -_-;
But I think it's a solid game that anyone should give a go. It has a lot of good qualities, including storytelling and artwork and minimalism with the soundtrack. And there are several jaw-dropping moments... if you get through the game without one, you're a heartless dragon :P 

Heartless dragon? Challenge accepted. I managed to watch Clannad while holding back the tears... just barely though.

On 9/3/2018 at 3:40 PM, ArtikSkarab said:

I need to figure out if I can do anything for the rest of my collection... I definitively need some additional vowels.

I don't think you get credit for extra words, but you made me think about making a second word since I renewed my GameFly account with the two game plan (It was $1 for the first month! Sue me! :P) and will be platinuming an X-game soon... I complaining about X-Blade Lost Memories being so expensive, but this will be my 4th time platinuming this visual novel because I can rent it. :D

Might spell out DETOX using Dragon Quest Builders and Teslagrad.

1 hour ago, DragonQuest238 said:

I doubt any Heartless is indestructible. Sora just cuts through them butter with his Keyblade. xD Speaking of which, anyone hyped for Kingdom Hearts III?

When Kingdom Hearts allows me to build my party out of the characters from the other worlds...then I will be hyped again :)

Also can we get a Great Mouse Detective or Rescuers world in KH already :(

1 hour ago, Dr_Mayus said:

When Kingdom Hearts allows me to build my party out of the characters from the other worlds...then I will be hyped again :)

The Great Mouse Detective was Disney? I saw that movie and it was pretty awesome. But it's a very obscure movie and not many people saw it. I think the collab wants to focus on franchises that are popular. And yes, I wish I didn't have to be saddled with Goofy and Donald again. I hope they can deliver on an experience where you can play as other characters like Riku and Kairi, especially in the final battle versus Xehanort and his Seekers in the second Keyblade War, but whatever. :(

Just now, DragonQuest238 said:

The Great Mouse Detective was Disney? I saw that movie and it was pretty awesome. But it's a very obscure movie and not many people saw it. I think the collab wants to focus on franchises that are popular. And yes, I wish I didn't have to be saddled with Goofy and Donald again. I hope they can deliver on an experience where you can play as other characters like Riku and Kairi, especially in the final battle versus Xehanort and his Seekers in the second Keyblade War, but whatever. :(

515J7Z0BNTL.jpg

I don't want to play as any of the Kingdom Heart people... I just want to build an RPG team of awesome Disney characters :D. 

And they need more obscure movies in there. I mean that is part of the fun :D

13 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

All though a Heartless Dragon would be very useful...I mean wouldn't they be indestructible then? 

Against regular weapons, yep.

1 hour ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I don't think it'll be in it. It seems Disney only wants to add movies that were released after 2000. I'm surprised Olympus Colosseum made it into the game. I was hoping Aladdin King of Thieves would be in it, but nope.

12 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Against regular weapons, yep.

I don't think it'll be in it. It seems Disney only wants to add movies that were released after 2000. I'm surprised Olympus Colosseum made it into the game. I was hoping Aladdin King of Thieves would be in it, but nope.

but the old games used a bunch of great Disney classics.

Alice, Peter Pan, Sleeping Beauty, 101 Dalmatians, Pinocchio etc are all from the 20-60s.

The thing is where is Robin Hood, Jungle Book, Snow White...you can't tell me you can't find fun characters out of those. Make finding the Dwarves a collectible, Robin Hood would make a great character and Jungle Book is full of great Villains.

Hell, bring in some of the tv shows like Darkwing Duck,, TaleSpin, The Mighty Ducks or Gargoyles (fuck I would love the Gargoyles to be in the game)

Bring in more of the live action stuff as well like Mary Poppins, Bedknobs and Broomsticks or The Love Bug.

Anyways that is just some suggestions of stuff I would love to see :)

24 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

but the old games used a bunch of great Disney classics.

Alice, Peter Pan, Sleeping Beauty, 101 Dalmatians, Pinocchio etc are all from the 20-60s.

The thing is where is Robin Hood, Jungle Book, Snow White...you can't tell me you can't find fun characters out of those. Make finding the Dwarves a collectible, Robin Hood would make a great character and Jungle Book is full of great Villains.

Hell, bring in some of the tv shows like Darkwing Duck,, TaleSpin, The Mighty Ducks or Gargoyles (fuck I would love the Gargoyles to be in the game)

Bring in more of the live action stuff as well like Mary Poppins, Bedknobs and Broomsticks or The Love Bug.

Anyways that is just some suggestions of stuff I would love to see :)

I'd love to see some older Disney movies, such as Robin Hood, Darkwing Duck, Rescue Rangers, Atlantis, and Treasure Planet. Snow White is in Birth by Sleep along with Aurora, Cinderella, and Peter Pan. With Disney re-releasing classics as live-action movies, we may see the new versions of Sleeping Beauty, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, and Mulan in future KH games.

My guess would be Disney wants to use the popularity of Tangled, Frozen, and Toy Story. I'm just glad Frozen isn't a musical world like Atlantica in KH2.

21 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I'd love to see some older Disney movies, such as Robin Hood, Darkwing Duck, Rescue Rangers, Atlantis, and Treasure Planet. Snow White is in Birth by Sleep along with Aurora, Cinderella, and Peter Pan. With Disney re-releasing classics as live-action movies, we may see the new versions of Sleeping Beauty, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, and Mulan in future KH games.

My guess would be Disney wants to use the popularity of Tangled, Frozen, and Toy Story. I'm just glad Frozen isn't a musical world like Atlantica in KH2.

Well hopefully Goliath and Wildwing get into the games one day :(

Frozen should be a neat world at least. As long as they don't delude themselves into thinking Elsa is the hero instead of Anna.

6th letter: "O" from Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy.

S628239.png

I actually gave myself 2 weeks for this, but I made good time & did it in about a week. :yay: I guess that just means I'll have plenty of time for Resonance of Fate. :P So instead of "CHAMP", I'll be going for "CAMPHOR". Who doesn't love, uhh...*checks dictionarya white volatile crystalline substance with an aromatic smell and bitter taste, occurring in certain essential oils... Yeah, that. ?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

515J7Z0BNTL.jpg

I love this movie, from the moment I saw this image I've had the Ratigan song in my head :lol:  Disney definitely has some great animated movies that are not talked about as much, which is a shame.  Seems like the "princess" type movies seemed to do the best.

On-topic for the Spelling Bee, I've earned a "Y" with Yomawari: Night Alone.  Seems like I can make Yo at the moment - might play Cat Quest next and turn that word into COY

11 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Frozen should be a neat world at least. As long as they don't delude themselves into thinking Elsa is the hero instead of Anna.

Okay, I am going to say this one thing and then we drop the whole Kingdom Hearts discussion because this thread is about more games than Kingdom Hearts. (I've had moved this to the Let's Play Kingdom Hearts thread but me and the thread host are... not on best of terms. :()

I am also glad they are focused on the story instead of the musical numbers. After seeing the constant "Let It Go" meme song, I think that song has played itself out. I can't even think the words "let it go" without hearing that song in my head thanks to them singing that song during the Kingdom Hearts speedrun last year. :(

5 minutes ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Okay, I am going to say this one thing and then we drop the whole Kingdom Hearts discussion because this thread is about more games than Kingdom Hearts. (I've had moved this to the Let's Play Kingdom Hearts thread but me and the thread host are... not on best of terms. :()

I am also glad they are focused on the story instead of the musical numbers. After seeing the constant "Let It Go" meme song, I think that song has played itself out. I can't even think the words "let it go" without hearing that song in my head thanks to them singing that song during the Kingdom Hearts speedrun last year. :(

3199136f2bddd1aede0c16846a328e19.png

Sorry....couldn't resist :ninja:

• Like 4

I finally have a new letter to add :yay: battled my way all through the harsh world of Bloodborne and earned a new :platinum::D

It's the hardest PS4 game i've done by now but kept me pushing forward too. But not really because it's beautiful as some other games :D

Started Apotheon by now to get a vowel and get a full word soon... It's not so easy as i avoid common plats and have less time to play videogames because of studying more... But 1 more game is no problem in this month :D ...but maybe i'll go after Hidden Agenda too, so any ideas for a word containing G R A B H are welcome :D 

Current letters:

God of War III

Rage

A

Bloodborne

• Like 1

Contestant 1 (I've decided to call him Phil...): An E(ekeemoo: Splinter of Dark Shard) please Pat.

Pat: Wait...you spun...you need to buy a vowel you can't pick one after you've spun....haven't you ever seen the show?

Phil: Of course I have Pat...and I swear that was the plan...but the moron controlling my mind finished his vowel game faster than his next consonant game....so here we are...me here in front of a live studio audience embarrassing myself.

Pat: No worries Phil...have we told you the prize yet?

Phil: No Pat...I'm hoping for a million dollars though!

Pat: Well Phil, should you correctly solve the puzzle we have for you a trip around the world!

Phil: ...That would be great...my wife always wanted to travel the world.

Pat: Well Phil...I'm rooting for you...so do you think you could play the game correctly now?

Phil: Sure thing Pat....I'd like to buy a vowel...an E(ekeemoo: Splinter of Dark Shard)

Pat: There is one 'E'. What would you like to do now Phil.

Phil: I'll spin...

game1_2.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Briste said:

game1_2.png

It's BUTTERS! Like your avatar. Kinda mean to call him a thing, though...

Anyway, slap an F on me, because I have finished Fear Effect Sedna -- one of three F games I'm currently working on.

That makes LBYEF, which is only one letter away from BELFRY! However... I could be like @Briste and spell BUTTERFLY. That would be...whew, a busy month... Would still need a U,T, T, and R. Well, the T's are certainly easy and there are plenty of R's out there, but U? I don't know any... *checks*

What the hell is Ultimate Chicken Horse?

• Like 2

Yay, the Spider-Man list is up and it looks doable, so I only have to find anything doable for an C...

*checks the name more carefully*

tenor.gif

Spoiler

J0Y58s2.png

Why did they have to put the god damn "Marvel's" in front of it? :|

Oh well, I guess I will have to focus a bit more on Detroit: Become Human than so I can at least spell IDOL at the end of the month. At least it's a really enjoyable experience so far and surely shows the the difference a higher budget can have on an interactive adventure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cassylvania said:

Anyway, slap an F on me, because I have finished Fear Effect Sedna -- one of three F games I'm currently working on.

Sure, if you say so:

Spoiler

11431467-a-cartoon-test-with-an-f-result

59 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Yay, the Spider-Man list is up and it looks doable, so I only have to find anything doable for an C...

*checks the name more carefully*

tenor.gif

Hide contents

J0Y58s2.png

Why did they have to put the god damn "Marvel's" in front of it? :|

Oh well, I guess I will have to focus a bit more on Detroit: Become Human than so I can at least spell IDOL at the end of the month. At least it's a really enjoyable experience so far and surely shows the the difference a higher budget can have on an interactive adventure.

Damn, that sucks. If you're still looking for a doable C, you could try Crysis. The first game has no MP. Cat Quest and Crash Bandicoot 1-3 are also easy games, but I see you already platted those.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Damn, that sucks. If you're still looking for a doable C, you could try Crysis. The first game has no MP. Cat Quest and Crash Bandicoot 1-3 are also easy games, but I see you already platted those.

Crysis would be a big problem for me as I never played any first-person-shooter. Already thought about doing one of the Crash-games as I haven't platted them yet. The japanese stack of Cat Quest is also an option. I quite liked the game. But before considering any of that I first want to ensure that I have the N-game finished (which will be Need for Speed Rivals) and an S-game, which could either be Sundered, Stikbold, or Spy Chameleon.