It's the PSNP Spelling Bee (yes it rhymes)

5 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Crysis would be a big problem for me as I never played any first-person-shooter. Already thought about doing one of the Crash-games as I haven't platted them yet. The japanese stack of Cat Quest is also an option. I quite liked the game. But before considering any of that I first want to ensure that I have the N-game finished (which will be Need for Speed Rivals) and an S-game, which could either be Sundered, Stikbold, or Spy Chameleon. 

Oh my bad, I thought I'd listed your profile on plats obtained :facepalm: .

For the letter S why not go for Sly Cooper 3? The only thing left are the challenges.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Oh my bad, I thought I'd listed your profile on plats obtained :facepalm: .

No problem. :D 

10 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

For the letter S why not go for Sly Cooper 3? The only thing left are the challenges.

My save for the PS3-version got wiped when I powered my PS3 just by pulling the plug and the PS3 required a factory reset afterwards. And I didn't use the PS+-cloud back then. xD I still have the save for the Vita-version but I rather not think about all those stupid things like the RC-car. I guess I will either go for Sundered (which is also part of my Trophobia-list) or Spy Chameleon.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

8 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

My save for the PS3-version got wiped when I powered my PS3 just by pulling the plug and the PS3 required a factory reset afterwards. And I didn't use the PS+-cloud back then. xD I still have the save for the Vita-version but I rather not think about all those stupid things like the RC-car. I guess I will either go for Sundered (which is also part of my Trophobia-list) or Spy Chameleon.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

That sucks. Oh yeah, those RC challenges :shakefist: . I found the fight against giant carmelita and that rooster general some of the most annoying ones.

2 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Crysis would be a big problem for me as I never played any first-person-shooter. Already thought about doing one of the Crash-games as I haven't platted them yet. The japanese stack of Cat Quest is also an option. I quite liked the game. But before considering any of that I first want to ensure that I have the N-game finished (which will be Need for Speed Rivals) and an S-game, which could either be Sundered, Stikbold, or Spy Chameleon. 

You could also do Code: Realize - Bouquet of Rainbows, if you liked Future Blessings, or Celeste. Those were actually the first games I considered, when I thought we could each do our own user name. Actually, that should be the next spelling event.

Some of us would be more lucky than others.

5 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

Actually, that should be the next spelling event.

Some of us would be more lucky than others.

Hmm :hmm: , let's see:

1. Deus Ex Mankind Divided, Devil May Cry, DMC2, or DMC3
  2. Resident Evil 0
  3. Assassin's Creed Origin
  4. God Eater 3 or Gravity Rush 2
  5. Operation Babel New Tokyo Legacy
  6. NieR Automata
  7. Assassin's Creed Rogue
  8. Resident Evil 1
  9. Caladrius Blaze
  10. Horizon Zero Dawn
  11. Oreshika Tainted Bloodlines
  12. Naruto Storm 4

I've only used games that are in my backlog or on the wishlist for this list. Doesn't seem doable in 2 months, maybe if I had 6.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

2. Resident Evil 0
  6. NieR Automata
  8. Resident Evil 1
  9. Caladrius Blaze
  10. Horizon Zero Dawn
  12. Naruto Storm 4

I've only used games that are in my backlog or on the wishlist for this list. Doesn't seem doable in 2 months, maybe if I had 6.

You'd have to do the hyphen too! Maybe people with hyphens/underscores would have to play a game that begins with a symbol (like Letter), and those with numbers would have to play a game that features that number (like Final Fantasy VII if you have a 7 in your name).

I guess the way to make it fair would be to adjust the starting/ending date based on the overall length of your username. Somebody with 6 characters might have six weeks, while somebody with 12 characters might have twelve.

My list would be a bit shorter than yours, but with even more A's. And another stupid L...

13 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

2. Resident Evil 0
  6. NieR Automata
  8. Resident Evil 1
  9. Caladrius Blaze
  10. Horizon Zero Dawn
  12. Naruto Storm 4

I probably would need an year.. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

You'd have to do the hyphen too! Maybe people with hyphens/underscores would have to play a game that begins with a symbol (like Letter), and those with numbers would have to play a game that features that number (like Final Fantasy VII if you have a 7 in your name).

I guess the way to make it fair would be to adjust the starting/ending date based on the overall length of your username. Somebody with 6 characters might have six weeks, while somebody with 12 characters might have twelve.

My list would be a bit shorter than yours, but with even more A's. And another stupid L...

Sounds like a great idea @Cassylvania@Dragon-Archon :) We should keep that an option for an upcoming event.

Edited by Evil_Joker88

3 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

As far as I know there aren't any games that start with a hyphen, that's why I didn't count it.

Lol, 12 weeks is still not enough time, 26 is more realistic.

8 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

I probably would need an year.. 

Challenge yourself to finish it within half a year :awesome: .

18 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Sounds like a great idea @Cassylvania@Dragon-Archon :) We should keep that an option for an upcoming event.

I guess it depends on the time limit.

1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Lol, 12 weeks is still not enough time, 26 is more realistic.

Yeah, I guess it depends on the games you pick. I usually like to play one long game and a bunch of shorter ones for events like this. Eventually I'll run out of 5-10 hour platinums, though...

*goes off to search for a U game*

9 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

It's BUTTERS! Like your avatar. Kinda mean to call him a thing, though

Boy is Phil going to be upset you solved his puzzle and stole his trip around the world. I hope he doesn't do anything drastic to live  out that dream...you may just be on his radar now....Well done though!

The motivation was Butters, however we can't use proper names so technically it's butters... like ' Look how he butters his bread...' As far as calling him a thing... that was from Butters very own episode and the Ungroundable episode.

So now that the ? is out of the bag...

Batman return to Arkham Asylum

Until Dawn

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Danger of the ooze

The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker

Eekeemoo: Splinters of Dark Shard

Ratchet & Clank

Space Hulk or tbd...

I only have my speed run left on TMNT for that Plat but I haven't synced my PS3 since I wanted to finish Dr Dekker before giving away the letter ? I'll just sync it tonight now so YLOD doesn't rear its ugly head and screw me.

Edited by Briste
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Challenge yourself to finish it within half a year :awesome: .

With Orechika or One Piece Pirates World Red (name probably wrong) as my option for O, Enslaved for E, Nier Automata (likely done by when that would start so, Nights of Azure 1/2 or Ni no Kuni 2) for the 2 N, Redout/Resogun/Republique for R, Alice in Madness and some Assassin's Creed for the 2 A and some God Eater for G, I doubt 6 months would be enough with me just playing 1-2 hours a day + full Saturday.. 

I'm ignoring the 2 H, because the Hitman HD games should be short, same for T with Tomb Raider HD games and D with tons of D games in my backlog, some of those half done...

For now I just wish that I can finish NFS Rivals on time to spell Persona (4G if I get a 4 too ?). 

3 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

*goes off to search for a U game*

Under-Night was given on ps+ for PS3 a few months ago. 

Really easy and somewhat quick platinum too. 

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

17 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

That sucks. Oh yeah, those RC challenges :shakefist: . I found the fight against giant carmelita and that rooster general some of the most annoying ones.

May I join the "I hate Sly 3" club? xD Yeah, that was probably my least favorite of the trilogy, especially because of the Master Thief challenges.

Spoiler

The challenge rematches against General Tsao and Dr. M are the worst. If you die against any boss, you have to hear them gloat and those two are the worst offenders.

I finished Cat Quest today, so that now gives me 3 letters which spell out the word COY

C - Cat Quest

O - Old Mans Journey

Y - Yomawari: Night Alone

I'm planning on playing Earthlock and Danganronpa too, so if I get them finished before the end of the month, I will be making the word DECOY

• Like 3

Well I thought I joined this long ago but I guess it was all in my mind haha. So I'm late to the party. The games I have platted so far are

Lego Legends of Chima

Sega Mega Drive and Genesis Classics

Energy Balance

Everybody's Gone to Rapture

Battlefield 1

No idea what to spell out of that so I'll keep playing. I'm not trying to spell out a certain word so hopefully whatever I play will make something haha

Pat: Phil? You spun...aren't you going to guess a letter?

Phil: Guess a letter? @Cassylvania already solved the puzzle....what do you mean guess?

Pat: We got a TV show to film here Phil...just play along will you?

Phil: ...I swear...I'll get Cassylvania back if it's the last thing I do...I think I'll make a terrible picture/puzzle game of my trip around the world and trick her into playing it...I know she goes for 100% on all games, and once she's started....she'll have to finish...I will call it "Fill-a-Pix: Phil's Epic Adventure" MUAHAHAHA

Pat: Just pick a damn letter please....

Phil: ...T(eenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Danger of the Ooze)

Pat: Thank you...There are two T(he Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker)'s

Phil: ...thank the Jeebus there is only two more letters in this puzzle and I can go back to making terrible games....

game1_3.png

Edited by Briste
  • Like 2

On 9/8/2018 at 9:56 PM, diskdocx said:

Unholy Heights on the other hand was absolute hell. Ended up taking me almost 20 hours to plat, which is ridiculous given the leaderboard here has someone doing it in 3. I clearly did not use the most efficient route. Game is not designed for a single playthrough, so I wasted an eternity trying to grind affinity for the various monsters. In the end I never could get the demons to like me, so I had to revert to an earlier save.

Had the guide here been more accurate and a bit more clear, I could probably have saved a good 10 hours. 1f612.png

That sucks, you can leave a comment in the guide's comment section and list things that are inaccurate.