It's the PSNP Spelling Bee (yes it rhymes)

1 minute ago, Kristycism said:

@Han_the_Dragon did you want to update your word or leave it as was? I wasn't sure so I kept it as "Persona" for now, but I can change it if you'd like :)

Either way works. So you can just leave it be as is for now and if I do manage to get Dirt Showdown platinum, I will post and ask you to change it, otherwise PERSONA is the final word. In the end PENDRAGONS, is just an add bonus (DLC) challenge to use all the platinums that I got during the event time-frame, since ANGEL -> PERSONA were my original planned targets.

33 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Either way works. So you can just leave it be as is for now and if I do manage to get Dirt Showdown platinum, I will post and ask you to change it, otherwise PERSONA is the final word. In the end PENDRAGONS, is just an add bonus (DLC) challenge to use all the platinums that I got during the event time-frame, since ANGEL -> PERSONA were my original planned targets.

Okie dokie, I'll do that then :)

You can change words at any point until the end date anyway, so there's no pressure at all on deciding which word to go for :)  Even if I'd changed it to Pendragons, and you couldn't manage it, I could switch back at any point anyway :)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kristycism said:

Okie dokie, I'll do that then :)

You can change words at any point until the end date anyway, so there's no pressure at all on deciding which word to go for :)  Even if I'd changed it to Pendragons, and you couldn't manage it, I could switch back at any point anyway :)

I know, just didn't wanted to give you extra work in case it goes wrong :) (but hopefully it doesn't go wrong). 

I would like to change my planned word.

It's unlikely that I will find the motivation to finish any game starting with C, D, L, or S at the moment. Finishing Detroit: Become Human and playing something like Late Shift would be a possible option but I don't want to rush Detroit right now I more feel like finishing Guacamelee! 2 and starting (Marvel's <_<) Spider-Man afterwards. I checked word finders and came up with the word ORIGIN.

It's not the most personal word but still much better than any other word that comes up with the entered letters. This just shows me that I should have planned way more in advance

Finally got a vowel so now i have at least a 4 letter word ready :D:yay:

Too bad i had to use a terrible game Albedo to complete this challenge :(

I didn't want to use a common plat in this challenge but time's running out and i don't see a different possibility anymore... What's more i just desided i need another common one to increase my word to 5 letters :facepalm:

Currently done:

Bloodborne

Rage

Albedo

God of War III

Edited by Evil_Joker88

After working for ages and ages, I'm proud to say I've completed S for Shadow of the Colossus. Last thing I need to complete MAYUS is Until Dawn, which should be cake to get done by the end of the month. I honestly wasn't sure if I was going to get this done in time, but it was for my 50th plat so I wanted it to be something special.

Normally I'd post my updated graphic, but since I'm so close I figure I'll just wait until I finish the U. I've had the completed version done for a while anyway.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2018 at 7:43 PM, Kristycism said:

Everyone should now be up to date again (I think! I may have missed some posts though, will go over them again later today)

EDIT: Also the final badge designs for the normal badges have now been sent to the boss for approval! Once he says yes I'll start sending them out to everyone :) Bonus badge is still being worked on, can't get it to turn out quite how I want it to look xD

My planned word is still listed as "Mayus", could you change that?

Nice, curious about how those will look.

Just finished all games to go for my replacement word:

O R I G I N

Owlboy

It's Quiz Time

Riddled Corpses EX

Muv-Luv Alternative

Need for Speed: Rivals

Ray Gigant

Icey

Guacamelee! 2

Even if I didn't get any of my intended words I'm still impressed that I managed to finish that many games in such a short time frame, even if some of them were partially played before the event. :D 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kristycism said:

Oops, sorry!!

I had a look through your posts - is it "bract" you want me to change your word to? Or did you have another plan? Just want to make sure I get it right and don't mess up twice in a row xD

Uhm well, I still haven't heard back from the boss (I assume he's really busy IRL, I know he'd been working loads recently and had other IRL stuff going on) but here's a preview of the gold version just because:

Hide contents

goldprototype_by_kristycism-dcnoek6.png

The (?) will be changed to an illustration of the word, and the "Word" will be replace by the actual word you spelt, so I didn't bother making either of those things neat since they won't remain for the version that's sent out to anyone.

Sure, "bract" is fine. Doesn't look like I'll be able to plat anything else before the event is over.

Oh wow, that looks nice. Which program did you use to create it? I like the curved text. Wanted to do that with some other events too, but it seems Gimp is missing something basic as that :facepalm: . Found a workaround once by inserting a path, but that didn't work either.

4 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Sure, "bract" is fine. Doesn't look like I'll be able to plat anything else before the event is over.

Oh wow, that looks nice. Which program did you use to create it? I like the curved text. Wanted to do that with some other events too, but it seems Gimp is missing something basic as that :facepalm: . Found a workaround once by inserting a path, but that didn't work either.

Okie doke, I'll update in a bit - on mobile just now so updating is...inconvenient. Will be on a PC in about an hour :)

I drew it in photoshop :) I haven't used GIMP in a long time, but I think you can still do the text the same way I did - what I did was to rasterize the layer so it wasn't a text layer anymore (Gimp may use a different word for it, but basically convert it to a normal layer) and then selected each letter individually and rotated/scaled them until they looked right (which took a bit of playing around). There's probably an easier way to do it, but I'm not the best at using photoshop's functions xD I just tend to draw everything with a standard round brush, anything outside of that is beyond me xD

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Kristycism said:

Okie doke, I'll update in a bit - on mobile just now so updating is...inconvenient. Will be on a PC in about an hour :)

I drew it in photoshop :) I haven't used GIMP in a long time, but I think you can still do the text the same way I did - what I did was to rasterize the layer so it wasn't a text layer anymore (Gimp may use a different word for it, but basically convert it to a normal layer) and then selected each letter individually and rotated/scaled them until they looked right (which took a bit of playing around). There's probably an easier way to do it, but I'm not the best at using photoshop's functions xD I just tend to draw everything with a standard round brush, anything outside of that is beyond me xD

Sure thing, take your time.

Ah ok, GIMP does have a function to change a text layer into a regular layer. I'll give that a try once the laptop works again, thanks :D .

After seeing the gold badge i'm happy to say i'll get one :Dgreat work  @Kristycism!

Just like mentioned yesterday i didn't plan to but saw no other choice to add some really easy games... Although Spiral Splatter wasn't THAT easy compared to Albedo and Energy Cycle and unlike Energy Cycle for which i used a guide for all levels in the puzzle mode :P  i looked at a video guide only for 3 of 106 levels in Spiral Splatter :)  And yes i may add the PS4 EU Version later (not bought yet though) i highly doubt i'll go for the Vita Version(s) as it's said to be worse controlling :( But for a quick and easy Plat this game is a good one. The Variation of Maps is done good :)

Bloodborne

Rage

Albedo

God of War III

Spiral Splatters

Spare Letters:

Energy Cycle

Fifa 17

God of War Ascension