It's the PSNP Spelling Bee (yes it rhymes)

3 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Hope that you get that extension! And I know how stressful it can be when the date is closer! 

Thanks for the event, it sure was a fun one! 

Also, my word is wrong, I upgraded it for Pendragons after I Plat Dirt Showdown. 

I had asked @Kristycism to not change it until I Plat Dirt Showdown, because I wasn't sure if I could get it in time, but she didn't update it after.

Also, a note for @Kristycism, if you already did the art for my badge as if the final word being Persona, then leave my final word as Persona. I don't want to give you extra work, when all this confusion was started by myself. 

Oh tell me about it. My production is double what it needs to be and I am hitting the numbers of what an Assessor should be doing in their 2nd year (I am in my 6 month) so I have the numbers to be extended...but like any job until you sign that contract you just end up worrying. I know I need to not worry about it but on top of everything else that has been happening it is just an extra little thing to make me sick sometimes. 

OK, I have updated your word :) Like I said I was going back through 26 pages so I probably missed the change. Funny enough the first comic store I ever frequented was called Pendragon

8 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Oh tell me about it. My production is double what it needs to be and I am hitting the numbers of what an Assessor should be doing in their 2nd year (I am in my 6 month) so I have the numbers to be extended...but like any job until you sign that contract you just end up worrying. I know I need to not worry about it but on top of everything else that has been happening it is just an extra little thing to make me sick sometimes. 

OK, I have updated your word :) Like I said I was going back through 26 pages so I probably missed the change. Funny enough the first comic store I ever frequented was called Pendragon

Ya, that's not a nice feeling. 

As for my word, I did several posts on that, but maybe it wasn't clear in my last one.. 

Pendragon is related to King Arthur legend (it's also a British title, according to Oxford encyclopedia and a magician family name, I believe, at least from a Google search, that's what shows up.. I was just linking it to Arthur originally), so not surprising that there's a comic store with that name. 

Just now, Han_the_Dragon said:

Ya, that's not a nice feeling. 

As for my word, I did several posts on that, but maybe it wasn't clear in my last one.. 

Pendragon is related to King Arthur legend (it's also a British title, according to Oxford encyclopedia and a magician family name, I believe, at least from a Google search, that's what shows up.. I was just linking it to Arthur originally), so not surprising that there's a comic store with that name. 

To be honest since there were so many posts if people weren't super clear and put

P
E
N
D
R
A
G
O
N

I tended to just zip past. I was actually going to @ a few more people as I knew they probably finished a word but in the end Kristy had some completed words (yours being one of them) so I just took it from the second post (after verifying the accounts)

4 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

To be honest since there were so many posts if people weren't super clear and put

P
E
N
D
R
A
G
O
N

I tended to just zip past. I was actually going to @ a few more people as I knew they probably finished a word but in the end Kristy had some completed words (yours being one of them) so I just took it from the second post (after verifying the accounts)

OK, ya, I understand, if Kristy had already compiled them, there wouldn't be a need to double check them. 

I just had asked to wait until I was sure to Plat Dirt Showdown. 

As for the games:

Persona 4 Dancing All Night 

Earth's Dawn 

Need For Speed Rivals

Dirt Showdown

RIME

Anima Gates of Memories

Gravel

Odin Sphere

N.E.R.O. 

Silence

(to use all plats earned during the event). 

Still, if Kristy already did the art for my award as if it was Persona (because she may have missed the upgrade of the word), then keep my final word as Persona. Wait for her reply until changing it into either of the 2.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

OK, ya, I understand, if Kristy had already compiled them, there wouldn't be a need to double check them. 

I just had asked to wait until I was sure to Plat Dirt Showdown. 

As for the games:

Persona 4 Dancing All Night 

Earth's Dawn 

Need For Speed Rivals

Dirt Showdown

RIME

Anima Gates of Memories

Gravel

Odin Sphere

N.E.R.O. 

Silence

(to use all plats earned during the event). 

Still, if Kristy already did the art for my award as if it was Persona (because she may have missed the upgrade of the word), then keep my final word as Persona. Wait for her reply until changing it into either of the 2.

Like I said I changed it but I can always change back. Either way it was a good collection of plats you did :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Like I said I changed it but I can always change back. Either way it was a good collection of plats you did :)

OK, ya, it was. 

And I end up finding a few gems in there, since I probably would never even had noticed what Earth's Dawn actually is. And it was quite enjoyable! 

It just left me way to close to my 200th Plat without even realizing ?

Edited by Han_the_Dragon
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

OK, ya, it was. 

And I end up finding a few gems in there, since I probably would never even had noticed what Earth's Dawn actually is. And it was quite enjoyable! 

It just left me way to close to my 200th Plat without even realizing 1f602.png

Well at least you didn't go over it :P

I know with the last Plat Rain I was a part of I had to be very careful how I platted my games as I was at 197 when I started and platted over 20 games in one day.

6 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Well at least you didn't go over it :P

I know with the last Plat Rain I was a part of I had to be very careful how I platted my games as I was at 197 when I started and platted over 20 games in one day.

Ya, that's some close management! 

I now need to forbid myself of getting plats, but will keep setting up them for later.  Since Dark Cloud 2 will take a long time until it's ready to Plat and I want Dark Cloud 1 Plat before that + have mixed boosts on other games (Arcana Heart 3 Love Max, Rise of the Tomb Raider, among others), making the progress slower + I doubt that I will be able to stay away from other games for that long (Dragon Quest 11, Disgaea 1 Complete, Soul Calibur 6), making my Dark Cloud progression even slower... But as long as I'm having fun, everything will be good! And I can setup a Plat rain day for myself with all the plats that I setup until Dark Cloud 2 is ready ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Ya, that's some close management! 

I now need to forbid myself of getting plats, but will keep setting up them for later.  Since Dark Cloud 2 will take a long time until it's ready to Plat and I want Dark Cloud 1 Plat before that + have mixed boosts on other games (Arcana Heart 3 Love Max, Rise of the Tomb Raider, among others), making the progress slower + I doubt that I will be able to stay away from other games for that long (Dragon Quest 11, Disgaea 1 Complete, Soul Calibur 6), making my Dark Cloud progression even slower... But as long as I'm having fun, everything will be good! And I can setup a Plat rain day for myself with all the plats that I setup until Dark Cloud 2 is ready 1f602.png

As long as every game has a "leave til the end" trophy you should be good to go :D That was always the most stressful thing about Plat Rains is going over a trophy list for a game you don't know and seeing "what can I leave til the end"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

As long as every game has a "leave til the end" trophy you should be good to go :D That was always the most stressful thing about Plat Rains is going over a trophy list for a game you don't know and seeing "what can I leave til the end"

Ya, that's true. 

Usually there are trophies that are "likely to be the last one", but those usually aren't easy, so it's not something that I would leave for last with the intention to get the plat later. 

Luckily at least on a few of the games that I'm playing (including Dark Cloud and Rise of the Tomb Raider), there are a few trophies that I can easily save for last, but it's always a bit of a stress to not get them accidentally. 

1 hour ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Ya, that's true. 

Usually there are trophies that are "likely to be the last one", but those usually aren't easy, so it's not something that I would leave for last with the intention to get the plat later. 

Luckily at least on a few of the games that I'm playing (including Dark Cloud and Rise of the Tomb Raider), there are a few trophies that I can easily save for last, but it's always a bit of a stress to not get them accidentally. 

That is why I try to find things like "upload an image" or "create something" as my last trophy. Not every game has these but it is handy when you find ones that do :)

6 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Also @Dragon-Archon @DoctorDrPepper did you guys finish a word? I didn't see anything completed from either of you but you platted a lot of games.

Dragon-Archon finished the word "Bract"

and DoctorDrPepper finished "Libido"

:)

Also badges are...almost done. I should've made the design easier to edit than a 3D trophy xD

6 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Also, a note for @Kristycism, if you already did the art for my badge as if the final word being Persona, then leave my final word as Persona. I don't want to give you extra work, when all this confusion was started by myself. 

Uhhhh I actually decided to do both for you xD so that then you could choose which one you'd prefer since you were torn based on the art :P

I'm waiting until they're all done to batch-upload instead of doing everything one by one then ending up confused as to what I've done and not done (I'm easily confused) xD In case anyone is wondering why no-one has received a badge yet - you'll all get them at the same time :)

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Kristycism said:

Also badges are...almost done. I should've made the design easier to edit than a 3D trophy xD

Uhhhh I actually decided to do both for you xD so that then you could choose which one you'd prefer since you were torn based on the art :P

I'm waiting until they're all done to batch-upload instead of doing everything one by one then ending up confused as to what I've done and not done (I'm easily confused) xD In case anyone is wondering why no-one has received a badge yet - you'll all get them at the same time :)

OK, many thanks! ??☺️

4 hours ago, Kristycism said:

Oh OK,

I saw BRACT but I thought Dragon was just listing his letters earned.  :P I have now googled the word and I learned a new word today.

This was really a heavy Foliage type event with Bract, Camphor and Alyssum  ^_^

2 hours ago, Lorajet said:

I'm the only one with a 4 letter word?  Oh geez, I've been shamed...:facepalm:

lol, I tried to find a 5 letter word with the games you platted. The best the Internet could come up with was Lendl which is a tennis player from Czechoslovakia :P

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lorajet said:

I'm the only one with a 4 letter word?  Oh geez, I've been shamed...:facepalm:

I had two Silver badges on my list

@Dr_Mayus I think you missed angelgrievous on your list, who spelt "moth"

Sorry, I really should've updated the list before for everyone's final words, I thought the badges would be done sooner and I'd post both at the same time >_< That would've made your job of posting everyone's words easier. My bad >_<

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kristycism said:

I had two Silver badges on my list

@Dr_Mayus I think you missed angelgrievous on your list, who spelt "moth"

Sorry, I really should've updated the list before for everyone's final words, I thought the badges would be done sooner and I'd post both at the same time >_< That would've made your job of posting everyone's words easier. My bad >_<

No problem :) I knew I was going to miss a couple so that is why if people know they were missed to please let me know.

Also at least there are 2 4 letter words now.

3 minutes ago, angelgrievous said:

Yeah, I only got a 4 letter word.  I got like 8 or 9 games completed but wasn't too mindful on the letters.  I thought Spider-Man was an S but it's Marvels Spider-Man so it doubled up my M's.  Oh well.  Thanks for the event.  I had fun.  

Ah, I'm not alone with a 4 letter word! ?

• Like 2

On 10/6/2018 at 5:52 PM, Kristycism said:

I'm just working on them just now. I think doing hand illustrations on every individual badge may have been a mistake xD It's taking forever to do! xD But ah well, I think I'm getting there...not too many left to do!

And this is exactly why I set up the custom trophies as a template after creating them. That way I only have to edit the username.

On 10/8/2018 at 7:33 PM, Dr_Mayus said:

I saw BRACT but I thought Dragon was just listing his letters earned.  :P I have now googled the word and I learned a new word today.

I also didn't know that word existed before this event :highfive: .

• Like 1