It's the PSNP Spelling Bee (yes it rhymes)

This is WONDERFUL. I had done something similar, spelling out popular Nintendo characters with my game titles(PIKACHU and KIRBY), so I am so glad to see somebody start an event that fuels my passion to force myself to platinum games in an order that spells out names. ^_^:D

On 7/24/2018 at 0:32 PM, Dr_Mayus said:

We will only be using English Words found in the Oxford Dictionary

Oh wait, it's just ordinary words? BORING. :P

*Teacher's rule comes out*

Okay okay, I'll follow along, no need for the ruler on my back, teach! :o

So, yeah, I think this is a pretty decent and easy event. I would love to sign up for this event, I already have a list of quick and easy platinums for my three-letter world which I can hold off on and get 100% in no time at all when the event begins( if at all, considering how infrequently I PS4 nowadays due to my love for emulated randomizer challenges and how I will probably purchase and get sucked into the tentacles of Octopus Traveler in August when I get more money :():

?Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink
?Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden
?Teslagrad

I can also work on a four letter world and, maybe, try for those bonus badge of Green Trinity madness. :)

Edited by DragonQuest238
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

Oh, wow. I love that banner!

Yeah, I guess I can join this. Let's see... What's a great 4 letter word...

... that's appropriate for this site...

Hm...

Do non-platinum games count, if we get 100%?

No. See rules 4-6.

Edited by Lorajet
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DragonQuest238 said:

1f63c.pngClockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink

1f63b.pngAbyss: The Wraiths of Eden
1f63a.pngTeslagrad

Yes!!! I approve of this! And for your four-letter word: CATS. Done.

I need another C game so I can do exactly that xD

35 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

Yeah, I guess I can join this. Let's see... What's a great 4 letter word...

... that's appropriate for this site...

How about DUCK? SUCK? SHIP? FORK? Or go one letter extra for CLOCK?

Also added you both

• Like 1

Added both of you!

@wolverine123 you can always pick some common letters that you can then rearrange like a mini game of scrabble within those words? :) Like "Fact" within "spaghettification" or something :)

If you manage to get either though, I'll make you a custom badge for your efforts. And bow down to you while I do so :P

EDIT: Whoops, just missed your post @s24ahmed sorry! If you'd like to join the event, just a post saying you want to join is all we need, nothing more :) I'll update the second post with everyone's letters they achieve as the event progresses (it starts August 13th), and once you have enough letters to make a word, you can post your word here in return for a badge :)  So really, all you need to do is trophy hunt as normal :)

Edited by Kristycism
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

@Dr_Mayus @Kristycism

Quick question because I didnt see this get answered. Are only games with platinums accepted or are games without platinums okay if we 100% them? Im looking at Octodad on the vita for a vowel since I own it already.

Per @Dr_Mayus Yes as was mentioned you need to plat games for this event. Actually if you read rules 4-6 I use the word Plat 4 times ^_^

• Like 1

Okay, taking that knowledge into account then I believe I will try to spell my favorite subject in school.

Batman: The Enemy Within

Iron Crypticle

Oxenfree

League of Evil

Observer

God of War: Chains of Olympus

Yoku's Island Express

Assuming Limited Run Games ships me my copies of Iron Crypticle and Observer in time. I don't understand why it takes them so long to fulfill their non-pre order games. It's like they sell them two months before they should.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kristycism said:

Yes!!! I approve of this! And for your four-letter word: CATS. Done.

You can handle that, I already came up with my other words, and sadly, MAYUS isn't in the lot:

Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink
Abyss: Wraiths of Eden
Telsagrad

World of Final Fantasy
Aer: Memories of Old
InkSplosion
LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2

Perfect Angle
A Hat In Time
Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus
The Deadly Tower of Monsters
Yooka-Laylee

?

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

I'm coming at you, X-Men Destiny.

PS I'm joking don't add me, though this is a hella cool idea and I 100% support it.

Although, now that I've got myself thinking about it, all of these I own except Ice Age and Orc Slayer, but I know people who have them.

Star Wars Force Unleashed - done

Uncharted 1 - done

PlayStation AllStars - done

Eat Lead 

Ratchet & Clank

Call of Duty Classic - done

Assassin's Creed 2

LBP 2 - done

InFamous 2 - done

Family Guy

Ratchet 2

Arcade Series Pac-Man - done

Grand Theft San Andreas - done

InFamous First Light - done

Lego Marvel - done

InFamous Second Son - done

Sly Cooper - done

The Walking Dead - done

InFamous 1

Call of Duty Vita - done

Energy Hook - done

X-Men Destiny

Puss in Boots - done

Iron Man 2

Arcade Series Ms. Pac-Man

Lego Avengers - done

International Cricket 2010

Arcade Series Dig Dug

Lego Marvel Vita - done

Iron Sky

Duke Nukem 3D - done

Okami HD

Coffin Dodgers - done

Ice Age 3

Orc Slayer

Uncharted 2 - done

Sly Cooper 3 - done

So I'd only have around 10 or so to do to lay claim to it, obviously you're meant to do it in order, and I have no intention of doing it anyway, but it was good for a laugh.

Edited by Super-Fly Spider-Guy
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

@Dr_Mayus @Kristycism

Quick question because I didnt see this get answered. Are only games with platinums accepted or are games without platinums okay if we 100% them? Im looking at Octodad on the vita for a vowel since I own it already.

8 hours ago, Lorajet said:

Per @Dr_Mayus Yes as was mentioned you need to plat games for this event. Actually if you read rules 4-6 I use the word Plat 4 times ^_^

Yes thank you. ^_^

Yes we are looking for plats this time around. 

45 minutes ago, s24ahmed said:

I want to join

What about games that begin with numbers

Not too many words that start with numbers...unless you get into that whole LEET speak thing :P

But if you want to plat a game with a number make sure to also check out the A-Z club

Also my job has just approved a ton of overtime...so I am going to be very busy for a bit :o

I mean I am not complaining as the money is always nice but it is going to be a lot of hours.

1 hour ago, Jens said:

@eigen-space The oinks will stop haunting you in your dreams, I promise. It just takes time.....

Well I thought about not joining, because my games tend to be humongous.

But screw it, I'll join. Seems way too fun to puzzle around with it :P But just a little question to decide on my goals: Would you say that the 5+ badge is "enough" and the badges are vaguely similar or is shooting for all 3 (or 4... dear lord have mercy) worth it? I think I will already struggle with 5.... :D 

Wait, now I'm confused. I thought that the badges were different 'levels' so we only got one badge at the end (the badge for the longest word we spelt)

Added everyone ^_^

3 hours ago, Jens said:

But just a little question to decide on my goals: Would you say that the 5+ badge is "enough" and the badges are vaguely similar or is shooting for all 3 (or 4... dear lord have mercy) worth it? I think I will already struggle with 5.... :D 

1 hour ago, Kittet3 said:

Wait, now I'm confused. I thought that the badges were different 'levels' so we only got one badge at the end (the badge for the longest word we spelt)

There are three badges, one for each letter group, but they're basically the same badge in bronze, silver, and gold.

The bonus badge is a totally different design, though, and is separate from the above, but you'll get the 5+ letter badge for it as well.

Did that help?

• Like 4

11 hours ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

Assuming Limited Run Games ships me my copies of Iron Crypticle and Observer in time. I don't understand why it takes them so long to fulfill their non-pre order games. It's like they sell them two months before they should.

This mostly has to do with the fact that they tend sell games before they are manufactured as of lately. Already noticed this when I ordered the Fallen Legion-games back in March. :/ 

You might want to check this site:

https://www.limitedrungames.com/pages/production-updates

Looks rather bad for Iron Crpyticle.

And fuck, shouldn't have checked it myself. Now I see that they CSH still takes a bit longer... :(