Effective Boosting - 2 in 1 - Jackpot + Nail'd it

These are the 5 free MSA dlc packs which contain 3 to 6 events each that play as single-player style but yet give mp chips towards the Rank 40 trophy (Jackpot).

The events in each pack vary from race, chase, or elimination and can give 15k to 25k chips per event once won. 

The events for these packs can be completed in any fashion, you do not have to unlock with progress. 

Best of all these events also tally up toward completing the 3 Special Events trophies: Now for the Main event (5 events completed) - Starter for 10 (10 events completed) - Nail'd it (25 events completed)

Completing all events will net you around 450k chips which is good progress towards the rank 40 - 1,365,000 chips

Mcvw22i.png

Yes, I am also aware of the boosting method involving setting up a private online elimination match with 2 controllers, at minimum settings, & placing bets to rack up bonus chips. Though in my opinion if you are good at racing you can easily beat those events in one try and make 25k in less than 4 minutes.

In my run I made 800k with the self-boosting elimination method, coupling it with what would earn me the most medals chips the fastest. Then finished it off with the Special Events dlc packs mentioned above. 

Hope this can help some of you be effective boosters B)

• Like 1

Thanks, i knew about the servers going down in a few weeks, i guess it's time to finally open my sealed copy, stop being lazy and knock down those trophies.

Do i need to some previous progress from campaign or can i go straight to complete those events?

I'm terrible at racing but i noticed that u need to earn 20 points to beat the event, every round grants you 5 points if u win the race, so u need four rounds to beat the challenge. Only pristine races would net you the 20 points in less than 4 minutes. I think 6 min is more realistic.

Edited by GoldenShaka

2 hours ago, GoldenShaka said:

servers going down in a few weeks,

Dang, bought this on a psstore sale and havent started either. Do you know the exact date when its going down? Too lazy to look up atm....?

Shutdown is Agust 27/2018

The 20 points that  @GoldenShaka is speaking of only applies to "Chase" events... This is a series of races that give you points based on podium placement. A win is 5 pts, therefore, you would need 4 straight wins to win as quickly as possible. 

You can skip these "Chase" events if you are not good at racing or they just take too much of your time. 

Decent alternative, especially considering I've been stuck on "Communicating with server..." for days and days (any hour of the day) and cannot connect to online MP at all. Similar case with Hot Pursuit, except it's been weeks for that one. Thanks for the handy tip and a timely reminder.

Edited by Creciente
You should have DLC events installed by default (they were added in a patch), don't bother with the store. If you can't get online, you can still get rank up.

Thanks for the heads up on this! Was a nice change up from the solo boost method. I did about about 8 of these challenges then it started bugging on me saying "event failed" even though I got 1st. I looked it up and it appears to be a fairly common problem. I just ended up doing the time trials for special events and will solo boost the rest because it event failed on me 3 times now!

Already did the MP a couple of weeks ago to beat the server shutdown, but might want to try this for the Special Events. However I can not seem to find these packs on the Dutch PSN store. Am I looking in the wrong place or is this limited to some locales only? I tried finding them on the PS3's store and within the game too, but no luck so far.

Well, still working on those download events, at this moment they are very buggy, I have beat more than 20 and the server only recognize the last two.

And again, idk what OP is talking about, for "Eliminator" you need to be first, for "Chase" you need to achieve 20 points ( no less than 4 laps -5 points every time you are on 1st place) and finally, the last category Race, obviously you need to be 1st to get the points. So it's not just complete the races in any place. Only pristine races give you points in less than 4 min.

On 8/4/2018 at 7:59 PM, GoldenShaka said:

Well, still working on those download events, at this moment they are very buggy, I have beat more than 20 and the server only recognize the last two.

And again, idk what OP is talking about, for "Eliminator" you need to be first, for "Chase" you need to achieve 20 points ( no less than 4 laps -5 points every time you are on 1st place) and finally, the last category Race, obviously you need to be 1st to get the points. So it's not just complete the races in any place. Only pristine races give you points in less than 4 min.

What I mean by "any place" is if you look at the events of a dlc you will see that the early events are for 10k-15k chips... while the last events are the ones that give you 20k-25k chips. No progress is needed so if you'd like to complete the last event of any dlc pack first, to get the most chips possible, then you can go ahead and do that. But yes chips are only awarded if you win 1st place an event.

Maybe my wording wasn't clear enough before but I hope this clarifies it ?

• Like 1