Boosting Moves Player Finder

Septomor

Hey guys,

Recently I got the game for PS4 for the free month, and being a trophy monger that I am, I instantly was looking for places to get all the skills which lead me here. And it's been great! But, I figured maybe we can do this a little better, as a team, so I wanted to create a way to organize players based on their move sets so they can find others with missing skills.

I was thinking of possibly creating a website to make such a thing easier, but it would take awhile for me to go at it alone, instead for the time being, I decided it would be best to use Google Sheets. Why? Because it's free for everyone of course!

Anyways, here is the current product, free of charge and with that I'll explain what's going on.

• The table contains quite a bit of javascript to function, but because js is pretty powerful, we can make life a lot easier
  • To the left is a player table-- limited to 10 players max (because going on too long makes the table way more difficult for reading)
  • There is a start button where you can add yourself as a player to the group. Doing so will give you your own color and progress tracker.

abs1_zps1wrlzbnj.png

• Near the center you'll see a list of all the names of the hand-moves and a line of 10 squares underneath them

abs2_zps5wv0cxxx.png

• To the right are pictures of the hand-moves in the game, each move is click-able and doing so will fill a box with your color under the move name

abs3_zpsk33renoe.png

• Back to the far left, whenever you are ready to leave the session, just click on the big red box to remove yourself and you'll be good to go!

Safety

Now, let's talk about the only pesky thing, when you first launch the sheet and click on 'Click here to start', you'll be greeted by Google asking for you to verify the app. I want to tell you many stories of how I spent the last 5 hours crying, throwing my chair across the room, ...well you get it. I want you guys to feel safe about the code so I tried everything to get verified by google, but I have to own a company domain to do so :/

So, when you first click on 'Click here to start', use this as a reference if you need to. 

And again, I want you all to feel safe so I'm posting the source code here so you can make sure I'm not pulling a fast one.

And that's pretty much it! About that 10 person limit, you can always click on File -> Make a Copy, then you'll have your very own copy for 10 more players. Just make sure when you share it to allow everyone access to edit it. And that's all folks :)

Future Implementations

• Most notably I don't have the sword moves listed, because I don't have all the icons for them unlocked
  • Possible website, don't know. Depends if the game even gets that much traffic
  • A better title for this post
  • Get better images for the moves?
  • I don't know, let me know!
Edited by Septomor
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Aeir_ said:

Interesting spreadsheet and should pose useful. I'm currently stuck on the "New Player" screen. Nothing happens when I click submit.

I've tested it on a few accounts, whenever you can try again, let me know, I'll debug it with you :) 

4 hours ago, Septomor said:

I've tested it on a few accounts, whenever you can try again, let me know, I'll debug it with you :) 

Just tried it again - same bug in Chrome but worked in Firefox (which is odd because last night I was using Firefox). My name is added now but I'll explain my issue anyway in case it helps with debugging. I could click "Click here to start" and run the script. After typing in my name and selecting a color, I was unable to push "Submit". The window stays up and I can still modify my entries, the button itself just seemed to not do anything. 

5 minutes ago, Aeir_ said:

Just tried it again - same bug in Chrome but worked in Firefox (which is odd because last night I was using Firefox). My name is added now but I'll explain my issue anyway in case it helps with debugging. I could click "Click here to start" and run the script. After typing in my name and selecting a color, I was unable to push "Submit". The window stays up and I can still modify my entries, the button itself just seemed to not do anything. 

That's super weird. When I first made the window, it took some time to make sure it would submit correctly, I might have fixed a css problem with it, but I can't tell. I coded it all in Chrome also so I'm not entirely sure where it's going wrong :/