is this easier then red faction1?

melodicmizery

On 7/25/2018 at 2:23 AM, ThePhantomWriter said:

2 is IMO, so much harder but doable.

thanks for the heads up. impossible on part 1 really sucked, but then i played hard difficulty right after and it felt like i was playing on easy compared to impossible. i guess itll be another challenge that takes me 9 months lmao

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/14/2019 at 11:29 PM, chris_stie said:

This game is easier as RF1. With cheats it is like RF1 on normal. 

And yes, with cheats. All trophies earned with cheats easy. So this game is a 4/10. Only hard part are the bonus objectives

what are the cheats that disable trophies and those that don't?

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/10/2019 at 1:24 PM, chris_stie said:

I try to create a whole TrophyGuide for this. But they always says it isnt good enough to public. Maybe here someone who like to finish my TrophyGuide?

Do you have a guide for the objectives and all endings? I'd love to start this game but can't find a good guide for these trophies. 

Edited by ParadoxPR

just post the cheats and guide here in a post. i only played the game once since my original post. the controls were awful and i just couldnt get into the game. alot of these websites reject guides. i usually just post the guide in a post and dont even submit it this way players can still know what to do who arent strict about "the perfect guide". because ive seen alot of half assed guides that are approved and i dont understand it.

For anyone interested

1) Yes, you can use cheats like Infinite ammo, super health, bullet gibs(one shot kills), fast rails, etc. to get through the game and earn every trophy, except the one which requires you to finish the game without using cheats( I recommend doing this on your 1st and easy playthrough while getting the "green" ending)

Just DON'T use the "Unlock everything/levels" cheats.

2) For the bonus objectives, play on Normal as there is 1 objective which cannot be done on easy, and aim for the best ending(Blue/ full bar)

Make sure to do all the objectives before finishing each level. I missed two and didn't get the trophy at the end of the game, even though I chapter select the ones I missed.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps2/551510-red-faction-ii/faqs/23545

3) Endings:

Red/low heroics bar: Kill every civilian you see and ignore bonus objectives.

Yellow/ medium low: Kill civilians until your bar gets yellow and try to maintain it.

Green: Just your average playthrough, you might kill a few civilians and complete some objectives but that's it.

Blue/ full bar: Complete every bonus objective and kill less than 5 civilians, but you should aim for 0 tbh.

I did 5 playthroughs total, each one taking around 2 hours.  

Good luck!

Edited by ParadoxPR
  • Like 3

• 1 year later...
On 2/28/2020 at 7:30 PM, ParadoxPR said:

For anyone interested

1) Yes, you can use cheats like Infinite ammo, super health, bullet gibs(one shot kills), fast rails, etc. to get through the game and earn every trophy, except the one which requires you to finish the game without using cheats( I recommend doing this on your 1st and easy playthrough while getting the "green" ending)

Just DON'T use the "Unlock everything/levels" cheats.

2) For the bonus objectives, play on Normal as there is 1 objective which cannot be done on easy, and aim for the best ending(Blue/ full bar)

Make sure to do all the objectives before finishing each level. I missed two and didn't get the trophy at the end of the game, even though I chapter select the ones I missed.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps2/551510-red-faction-ii/faqs/23545

3) Endings:

Red/low heroics bar: Kill every civilian you see and ignore bonus objectives.

Yellow/ medium low: Kill civilians until your bar gets yellow and try to maintain it.

Green: Just your average playthrough, you might kill a few civilians and complete some objectives but that's it.

Blue/ full bar: Complete every bonus objective and kill less than 5 civilians, but you should aim for 0 tbh.

I did 5 playthroughs total, each one taking around 2 hours.  

Good luck!

when you chapter selected the 2 you missed did that work on gettiing it or did you have to do the entire game over again?