General thoughts?

SpaceCoresDad

Seems kind of strange that a series can be as popular as Dead Space, yet have a part in the series that has no forum posts. I thought it was alright for how cheap it was. It was very short, but it's also supposed to be more of a comic than a game I think. I dunno, anyone else have an opinion?

• 7 months later...

It was ok, I just bought it cause I've wanted to complete all the Dead Space Games, but I think the overall story was pretty ok and a good fit into the series! It was cool, that you could go different ways and have different story elements. The different modes were alright and the trophies were pretty easy ;).

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Just like LIS I wanted to complete the Dead Space set.  I had my eye on this game after having completed the OG Dead Space prior to playing Dead Space 2- but skipped it because I knew the Trace Route hacks were going to be a problem, based on the gameplay I saw and the reviews some gamers left.  Then there were the 'comics' which I thought were not nice - this is coming from a comic book collector who is quite picky with the artists and the art style... so those in the game were not of my liking... basically trivial stuff had put me off with the game.

Fast forward 9 years later and here we are... gave in because of the need for platinum-less games to stack (see my trophy cabinet to understand what I am trying to say).  My initial feeling was regret because I absolutely suck at the Trace Routes.  The Hardware Cracks and System Override hacks were okay though.  I was prepared to consider this a loss and just abandon its completion when my kid had a go and showed how easy it was for them to ace the tracers.  But despite now having completed the game, I still did not fully enjoy it.  I also believe that this was a poor excuse for a Dead Space game.  I wish the illustrations were properly done with the right 'comic book' artists doing the artwork. 

The game actually had potential.  I would have wanted it as a proper visual novel or point and click game if the linking story between DS1 and DS2 was to go by.