I come In Peace

KawaiiSlowpoke

Hello! (First of all your profile banner is so cute.) 

Nice to see someone with a love for the vita. I personally prefer handhelds as well, though I also have a PS4 and PS3. I was pretty sad as well to see that they were discontinuing physical vita games. The vita definitely deserved more love. :(  

Congrats on your first platinum! I see you have Persona and Digimon on your list, you should definitely continue with those since you like RPGS. :awesome:

• Like 1

It is good that you come in peace, not in pieces. Welcome to the site.

Congrats on your first plat; Be proud of it and happy hunting for more. Even with just the Vita, You have a plethora of awesome titles to enjoy even just for playing sake. Hope you get to do so.

I also noticed that you are playing/like/something Persona 4; I am also playing through that game. Love the series so hopefully you may get to play more of the series, It's a good one.

Lastly; I shall attempt to answer your question: I work at Gamestop, selling games and systems, So I do have some insight on the price ranges to expect for a PS3. Usually you can get them around $100+, Give or take (Depending on GB size, Model, and deals), No more than $140 though at most. I would suggest doing the proper research too; If you find a friend, see a garage sale or something like that; You might be able to find it cheaper but I do recommend caution because this is a gamble; You don't know the condition it could be in but you could get lucky too. At Gamestop, we do test our systems (or they should...) and offer a return policy. I don't know if you have a gamestop in your area or if you might have other respectable retailers that could assist in the same manner that you can check out too. Hope this helps even a little bit.

Good luck with all your adventures... Oh, and keep on rambling! I still do.

• Like 1

Just now, Roga_de_Ticon said:

Ah yes I've already played the whole persona series but I'm playing P4G for the first time since i finally got a Vita!

I have a really good retro game shop in my town. They have a warranty system for 60 days or so and have a specific team of people who work on systems to make sure they work and everything. I got my Vita from them and it was flawless! I usually dont mind paying $15-20 more than normal to ensure it's working and in good condition. Before taxes they said the total would be $125 for a 500GB Slim Ps3 which sounds good to me! I'll probably pick up a PS3 in a month or two. I'm really said I missed out on the PS3 but I was a youngin' when it was out and my dad wanted a 360 so we got that instead lmao 

Thanks for your input! 

• 3 weeks later...

A bit of a late welcome from me but >.>

Welcome to the site KawaiiSlowpoke! I'm actually really liking your username and signature lol How did you come up with this idea for your online identity? xD

I do like JRPGs as well but I am not much of a handheld gamer to be honest. I only recently got a Vita and I have been having problems finding good physical games for it. So, in the meantime, I have mostly relied on cheap indie games. It is certainly a great little console. Too bad Sony appears to be hellbent on killing the little thing earlier. It sure has its flaws, as well as a number of strong points, but I have never seen a company trying their damned hard in order to bomb their own product... Like... really >:<

I do most of my gaming on home consoles. Nowadays, you can usually find me playing on my PS3. Concerning your doubt of a good price range for a pre-owned PS3, as Roga_de_Ticon said, they could vary a lot depending on the model, hard drive, condition, and whatnot. Checking out the units that are on sale from particular sellers on eBay, you can usually find them between $100-150 for one in good condition with maybe a couple of common games. I'd say $125 would be a fair amount to pay for the console. Just look hard enough and I'm sure you will be able to find a good deal for around that price.

Good luck. And hope you enjoy your time around here. See you later :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

A bit of a late welcome from me but >.>

Welcome to the site KawaiiSlowpoke! I'm actually really liking your username and signature lol How did you come up with this idea for your online identity? xD

I do like JRPGs as well but I am not much of a handheld gamer to be honest. I only recently got a Vita and I have been having problems finding good physical games for it. So, in the meantime, I have mostly relied on cheap indie games. It is certainly a great little console. Too bad Sony appears to be hellbent on killing the little thing earlier. It sure has its flaws, as well as a number of strong points, but I have never seen a company trying their damned hard in order to bomb their own product... Like... really >:<

I do most of my gaming on home consoles. Nowadays, you can usually find me playing on my PS3. Concerning your doubt of a good price range for a pre-owned PS3, as Roga_de_Ticon said, they could vary a lot depending on the model, hard drive, condition, and whatnot. Checking out the units that are on sale from particular sellers on eBay, you can usually find them between $100-150 for one in good condition with maybe a couple of common games. I'd say $125 would be a fair amount to pay for the console. Just look hard enough and I'm sure you will be able to find a good deal for around that price.

Good luck. And hope you enjoy your time around here. See you later :)

Haha no worries! Thank you. Im truly enjoying my vita a lot! I actually just picked up a Ps3 a week or two ago for about $50 locally. 500GB too!

He also gave me a handful of games with it too! most of them arent my type (FPS lol) but still got a good amount of free games with it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KawaiiSlowpoke said:

Haha no worries! Thank you. Im truly enjoying my vita a lot! I actually just picked up a Ps3 a week or two ago for about $50 locally. 500GB too!

He also gave me a handful of games with it too! most of them arent my type (FPS lol) but still got a good amount of free games with it.

Wow, $50 for it sure sounds like an extremely good deal. Especially since it came with a 500 GB HDD and some games. That's a steal O.O

As long as it comes with some games, that's good. Reminds that when I got my Vita, it also came with a bunch of games for little kids (Ben 10, LEGO, etc.) lol xD 

Anyways, hope you enjoy your PS3 ;)

• Like 1

On 7/25/2018 at 11:57 PM, KawaiiSlowpoke said:

Hi everyone!

My name is Sierra, but you guys can call me Kawaii/Slowpoke/KawaiiSlowpoke. I use this handle pretty much everywhere so if you see it...it's 99% likely its me!

I am/was pretty bad at beating console games so I'm trying to get back in to it since I have a huge backlog of console games and now I have a Vita (my preferred style of gaming is portable) so I'm pretty much in love. It saddens me that Sony just dumped it before they even gave it a chance because it's a really great handheld!

Anyways, I got my first plat today which was on Tearaway for the Vita. I really want to try and complete games more so I decided it'd be nice to go on some forums and be in a like minded community.

Though it does make me feel a bit sad that so many people have completed games and then there is me LMAO

I generally play single player games only. I like JRPGs a ton and VNs a good amount (bless the VITA).

I ALSO want to get a Playstation 3 in the near future. I missed out on tons of games because I went from ps2 to 360 (what can I say Halo had me and my dad sold) but I've missed SO many games.

I'm glad a majority (if not all?) of the Atelier games are on Vita despite frame loss I still really enjoy  it on the handheld. Could someone let me know what a good price range is to expect for a used PS3?

Thanks for taking the time to read this! I can ramble.

A used PS3? Probably $100-150 at this point, maybe lower. I know I've seen some go for $80 since people are going for PS4s these days.