NEXT Base to build

Trellgoth

Since my gap between my platinum and recent trophy is 1 year and 11 months, I haven't been able to do any base building or whatsoever.

So I have a small question about that.

I noticed early in the game I get the tutorial on building things. But, is it better to wait doing so and find a planet where I actually want to have my base of operations? Because I don't think you can actually take your base to another planet, right?

How, or when, do you guys decide to start building?

You can build as many bases as you want, where-ever you want as there are no limits anymore - beyond the 20,000 piece count per-base so go nuts whenever you feel the urge :). If you happen to find someone else's base, then you can add to it and make your own mini base.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

You can build as many bases as you want, where-ever you want as there are no limits anymore - beyond the 20,000 piece count per-base so go nuts whenever you feel the urge :). If you happen to find someone else's base, then you can add to it and make your own mini base.

Understood.

However, isn't it "better" to first find a suitable planet or something, before making it your "home"?

Overall, NMS feels like a complete new game to me and love what they added. But some questions are kept unanswered as it comes to basebuilding.

I mean, on the first planet, you get the tutorial to start building things. I stopped doing so where it asked me to create wooden panels of some sort, because I was thinking about what will happen if i leave the planet. Therefore, my thoughts are like "search for a nicer planet before building". But not sure on what the best option would be on the timing.

I never played any of the updates as I was bit of an early-bird in finishing the base game. So started all fresh on the NEXT update.

Providing the planet as sufficent resources to support whatever type of settlement it is you want to build, it really doesn't matter a whole lot about what the enviroment is like :). Other than where I Intend to build my primary base, I'm not fussy about where I build. The Tutorial base is expendable IMO, as it's only there to teach you the basics then it's up to you where you build the next one.

• Like 1

The tutorial is just having you make a very base level simple unit. A floor, 3 walls, a door and a roof. So you should just get that out of the way first since you have more to the tutorial after that...which includes making warp cells for the Hyper drive to even get to a planet you want to set up on.

Edited by TheViper4Life
  • Like 2