To Live Forever and NEXT

bioxz

Hey, with the new expansion out and multiplayer finally in the game, do you think there is a way to cheat (perma-)death? It seems to be possible to join other players sessions with any savegame you've created, can we use this to visit them near the center? Or can they even bring us there? With no risk for them as they might play normal mode?

If you can find someone who is at or near the Galactic Centre in Permadeath mode and has a Freighter or Capital Ship with all the Hyperdrive Upgrades and suficient fuel for the journey, you can join their game and hitch a lift to the Center and get your trophies :). Do note that all players must have a save in the mode they wish to join up in, else you won't be able to play together.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

Well, if someone knows someone who might be able to help doing this I might be interested ;)

Sadly my old survival savegame seems completely broken (I don't even have a ship anymore) so I lost hope to reach the center by myself, but if we can get more and more players to the center in permadeath quite fast we could create a boosting group.

I tried starting a Permadeath run and I can't even get to my ship before dying.  It's brutal.  ?

Finally managed to get a semi-decent starting planet with enough resources that allowed me to stay alive long enough to get off the planet.

Also, on a completely different note, this game feels so much better to play now.  Very impressed with the NEXT update.

Edited by SirShavesALot

So I was able to help someone get the trophies yesterday. I'm directly at the edge of the galaxy with only the last jump needed to make it to the center. The person yesterday was able to load in and immediately warp to the center with only the second hyperdrive upgrade, but I need to do more testing. 

From what we can tell, you need at least the Hyperdrive itself with a full tank (aka 5 fuel cells). Willing to test and help more people, so just send a friend request. I work long days, but if I am on, I will help. I will also be free this weekend. 

PSN: iamthedotcom

• Like 1

Sorry for the double post, but I needed to update and bump. 

Hello to those who have sent me friend requests. I also posted on PlaystationTrophies.org that I would help, so I have received a few messages/requests. I may not remember your PSN so if I haven't gotten to you yet, feel free to reach out to me again. 

I live in the Central Time Zone of the United States. As of this post it is 5:38 AM.

I will available today between 11am and 1pm, and again between 5pm and 6pm. So message me and I will send an invite. 

I can have three others in my game at once and it only takes a few minutes to get a base built. This will let you permanently explore at the very edge of the galaxy even once I leave the game. Additionally, I have a base next to a landing pad that will be easy to reach.

Edited by iamthedotcom
  • Like 1

Great to hear that, thank you for your effort! What do I have to do before I can join you? Or can I just create a new safe, join your game and back it up (to make sure I'll can try again when I fail). Haven't played with NEXT and never tried Permadeath.

3 hours ago, iamthedotcom said:

I can have three others in my game at once and it only takes a few minutes to get a base built. This will let you permanently explore at the very edge of the galaxy even once I leave the game. Additionally, I have a base next to a landing pad that will be easy to reach.

I'm also interested, but haven't tried permadeath yet. What can I do beforehand to prepare?

Couple of new discoveries/confirmations. Thanks to SirShaveAlot, we know for 100% certain that you only need the HyperDrive. No need for any other upgrades. 

We also confirmed that you will need five fuel cells.

However, don't worry about the schematics. I just need the raw materials and I can craft the fuel cells and give them back to you. 

Thanks to Terminator for helping me with the below list of materials you will need so I can craft five Warp Cells. 

250 Copper
100 Condensed Carbon
150 Oxygen
250 Ferrite Dust

Gather the materials and hyperdrive and feel free to send me a friend request!

• Like 4

9 hours ago, iamthedotcom said:

However, don't worry about the schematics. I just need the raw materials and I can craft the fuel cells and give them back to you.

Got both of the trophies tonight thanks to how helpful Iamthedotcom was. He provided me with extra resources to speed up the process and guided me through the steps. It is much appreciated!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

If anyone can help with this, take a deep breath and to live forever are the last trophies i need in this game. If anyone can help please add my psn TIMSNIP3R1992 and i will do my best to help with any game i have that you need help with in return. Havent played in a long time but i can pick things up quickly

On 13/12/2018 at 5:47 PM, TIMSNIP3R1992 said:

If anyone can help with this, take a deep breath and to live forever are the last trophies i need in this game. If anyone can help please add my psn TIMSNIP3R1992 and i will do my best to help with any game i have that you need help with in return. Havent played in a long time but i can pick things up quickly

You should post here and ask @iamthedotcom for help :):

18 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

You should post here and ask @iamthedotcom for help :):

Thanks for the shoutout @HuntingFever

I'm actually going to be hanging up the keys to the taxi soon. So if you know more people that could use a lift, send them my way. I will be updating my posts shortly (here and on playstationtrophies.org).