Destroy x amount of buildings

palmersib

I know not many people have played this game but there are a few achievements where you have to destroy x amount of builds in the game. As the counter is invisible so you can't see how many you've done I was wondering if anyone knew if that counter would reset itself upon quitting the game or would it stay as it is when quitting the game & just continue once you reload & carry on

38 minutes ago, sashamence said:

Overall counter of destroyed buildings isn't cleared when you quit the game - fortunately you don't have to destroy 250,000 buildings in one go to plat.

Good, was hoping it didn't go back down to 0 upon quitting the game, didn't fancy trying to get 250,000 in one sitting

It doesn't reset, but I think maybe someone didn't quit back to main menu or something (so it didn't save, they just closed the game/turned off the console), and so it didn't save. I don't know. I didn't experience this. The game is a technical mess anyway, though not completely awful to play. :S 

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

& to get all the achievements relating to this, does it have to be just one type of building or can it be over several types of buildings. Like does it have to be just 250,000 mega city buildings or can it be made up of say x amount of mega buildings & x amount of comm buildings?

33 minutes ago, palmersib said:

& to get all the achievements relating to this, does it have to be just one type of building or can it be over several types of buildings. Like does it have to be just 250,000 mega city buildings or can it be made up of say x amount of mega buildings & x amount of comm buildings?

I believe it's all buildings, but you want the basic one since it is destroyed without moving at all

12 minutes ago, Septomor said:

I believe it's all buildings, but you want the basic one since it is destroyed without moving at all

Hopefully it is all buildings as did just over 30,000 yesterday on one type & got the achievement for that & done about 23,000/24,000 today with a different type so technically done over 50,000 & haven't had the next one pop yet so hope it does soon

I did a bit of research and the counter works in more complicated (broken?) way than I thought.

My points counter reset to 8,849 every time I close the game - it's the amount of points I had when I've left "story" mode. Then, trophy for 50,000 buildings popped when I had 22,000 points. I've grinded to about 50,000 (so my cumulative amount of destroyed buildings was ~78,000) and decided to take a rest. Next time I started grindfest, points counter was again reseted to 8,849. I reached ~46,000 (cumulative amount should be at least ~115,000) and still didn't got the trophy.

Maybe I commited a mistake in my calculations (hopefully) or destroyed buldings counter is broken and resets sometimes (God forbid!).

Edited by sashamence

I got the plat today and I’m pretty sure the counter went flawless for me.

the counter to your bottom rifght of the screen is points you get for destroying buildings. These are also the points you use when activating the power-ups with the D-pad (shield, strength, super and agility(?)).. when I finished the campaign I had around 22.000 points.. when I reached 41.000 the trophy for 50.000 buildings destroyed pop’d. Which means I used aprox 9000 poits on power-ups

I then, after a while, timed the amount of time it took from the get-go to next get-to in the created planets whoch was around 37 seconds..(6-7 seconds of destroying buildings and 30 sec loading time......)

I can’t remember the exact math but I got the plat after the amount of time I thought it would take, give or take an hour or so..

I kept a general count of buildings. Did 99999 plus a little more, like 105k probably each time grinding. One thing that is possible is that the story mode does NOT count towards the 250k. Once the trophy finally popped for me, I was at 280kish buildings total through story and grinds. 20 or 30k sounds about right for a story run so I assume it didn't count towards the 250k. 

Not sure if it was just slow to kick in or if there was some sort of glitch happen but I eventually got the trophy for the 50,000 buildings destroyed after going to a different planet I created that had different buildings on so the trophy finally popped. This was friday night when it popped & then when I went back on the game to the same created planet saturday evening & on my first round of destroying buildings the destroy 100,000 buildings popped up so I kinda think the 50,000 was a bit slow to pop seeing as how the 100,000 popped up not that long after

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Arin1979 said:

250k? nah! next time put 1.000k... super fun!! 1f612.png

I don´t know because only can put 125 buildings in the world creator when a few history maps got 225.

Are you using the vita version? I could only place 125 buildings as well on my vita so I think it's a different cap.

• Like 1