New achievement(s) coming?

Yuukiyun

18 minutes ago, LuciaRosethorn said:

It's a really good game! I've been wanting it for ages and it's usually £15, I first found out about it by @Lawless_Llama so I have him to thank for it. ^_^

One of my favorite games of all time on the PS4 as far as indie games go. If they are updating it with a brand new achievement or achievements then I will definitely play through it again.

@LuciaRosethorn When you start playing it I am going to be there to watch! ?

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Lawless_Llama said:

One of my favorite games of all time on the PS4 as far as indie games go. If they are updating it with a brand new achievement or achievements then I will definitely play through it again.

@LuciaRosethorn When you start playing it I am going to be there to watch! 1f601.png

I think you mean trophies or achievements ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My brother bought me the game on Steam, where I earned about 50% of the achievements just playing the game normally. I missed the three steam exclusive ones, since they involve community content, which I haven't tried yet. So I'm fine with waiting a bit and then buying the game + DLC when it all comes out on PS4. There is supposed to be a new chapter and new game + and some couch co-op, so there'll likely be new trophies/achievements related to those as well. 

• 2 weeks later...

If this is true, then one of the new achievements coming might be clearing boss rush with the 1-hit badge, which will be brutal giving the last phase of the final boss.

It definitely won't be at 0% for months though. I think that no matter what achievement they pull, someone will have it within a week. 

10 hours ago, SunnyCrappyYT said:

If this is true, then one of the new achievements coming might be clearing boss rush with the 1-hit badge, which will be brutal giving the last phase of the final boss.

It definitely won't be at 0% for months though. I think that no matter what achievement they pull, someone will have it within a week. 

If it true indeed, I'm not even going to attempt this trophy as that's a ridiculous trophy... Way too difficult  ??? ???

1 hour ago, Shadiochao said:

So the DLC has been announced, and it doesn't appear to be coming to consoles:

https://gematsu.com/2018/08/a-hat-in-time-coming-to-switch-seal-the-deal-expansion-and-local-split-screen-co-op-announced-for-pc

Whether that's just for now or forever is uncertain at the moment

Yeah, I saw. I hope it comes to PS4 someday. Otherwise I'll get the Steam version I suppose.

22 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

Oh well. Any new trophies would probably pretty brutal with that death wish mode. 

True, though it would still be nice to get the new chapter atleast. But it's a PC game first, and it might eventually appear on ps4. they did flop back on the switch version after all.

12 minutes ago, Vladicarus- said:

True, though it would still be nice to get the new chapter atleast. But it's a PC game first, and it might eventually appear on ps4. they did flop back on the switch version after all.

As much as I love the Switch, I probably won't be getting that version unless it offers something unique. (Other than playing on the go)

Having (for now) to get the PC version to play this is enough to me. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SunnyCrappyYT said:

It hasn't officially been deconfirmed yet. My best guess is that PS4 users will receive it at a later time.

I think it is.

Update 2:05 p.m.: Gears for Breakfast said in the official A Hat in Time Discord server that “the DLC will not be coming to consoles.”

That's at the end of the article.

9 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I think it is.

Update 2:05 p.m.: Gears for Breakfast said in the official A Hat in Time Discord server that “the DLC will not be coming to consoles.”

That's at the end of the article.

At least people don't have to worry about their 100% getting ruined then.

Still sucks that us console people get screwed over. :( 

Well, sure a good way to piss people off. Sure there may be some that are glad they can keep their 100% but keeping the DLC PC-exclusive is still a dick move, even if the PC was always the primary platform and consoles only secondary. Doesn't really feel like they want people to buy the console-versions.

And I would also prefer an official update instead of relying on some news that spread messages from Discort-instances. But:

MlyaeQJ.png

yeah well, nothing as of yet. Great way to treat the people who initialy helped funding the project. :| 

• 3 weeks later...

The new achievements are up on Steam

They are:

Clear All Objectives In a Single Death Wish!

Obtain 70 Death Wish Stamps!

Obtain All Death Wish Stamps!

Clear Ship Shape Without Upsetting The Captain!

Collect all Time Pieces in The Arctic Cruise!

Collect 3 Time Pieces In Co-op!

The difficult one is presumably for getting all death wish stamps

Edit: A full day has passed and understandably nobody has unlocked either of the death wish stamp achievements. But interestingly enough, nobody has unlocked the one for completing Ship Shape without upsetting the captain either.

It didn't sound like a challenge at first glance, but apparently it has RNG and needs absolute perfection.

But it sounds like things are being patched, so by the time it comes to PS4 it may not be as tough.

Edited by Shadiochao