Glitched murphy challenge (weekly) 26.07.18

Arkiokin

3 hours ago, Arkiokin said:

Hello, another "4095m" glitched challenge on a murfy's dungeon challenge : it's a weekly one (very rare configuration, only the second time on more than 3 years it happens) so much more time to try and search to improve yourself. if you manage to make a non-stop 6 minutes run until 4095m it's the diamond cup !!!

In order to helping all of you who want to reach this glitch, I created a full run video of this challenge !! : copy the technics I use, understand the traps and at least it will be much more easy to motivate you and make improvements (I hope). Read the description of the video (go to youtube) for more informations, and don't hesitate to ask me some questions for some difficult paths etc..

Good luck during this entire Week !!

First, thank you very much for letting us know and for the video!

I'm currently downloading the game, can I start directly with the challenge or do I have to meet some requirements?

1 hour ago, oliv_tv said:

Thanks a lot for the video, it'll be very helpful 1f600.png

I'll try to finally get this damned diamond cup and the plat which comes with it 1f609.png

For those who will try, don't forget to play with a princess :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52F5yqNlDpU

Does that really work? I read many comments in the video saying the opposite.

28 minutes ago, JorgeSleep said:

I'm currently downloading the game, can I start directly with the challenge or do I have to meet some requirements?

You need to play some story levels before try the weekly challenge if I remember well. It takes an hour or so my friend.

You can just play the daily challenge from the start.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rafi_004 said:

You need to play some story levels before try the weekly challenge if I remember well. It takes an hour or so my friend.

You can just play the daily challenge from the start.

It's the Extreme weekly challenge, so it requires to be at least level 7 (if I'm not wrong, it needs something like 800 points to gain in the story levels, and you can gain maximum 32 points per level if you complete each at 100%)

1 hour ago, Potent_Delusions said:

What is the significance of this challenge? Why is this so noteworthy?

Thanks.

This challenge has simply...an end (a glitched point where nobody can't go further) and an end which is not so far to reach, even if in the history of this type of challenge very few players were able to reach this 4095m point. But if you reach this end you will inevitably gain a diamond cup, since you will be ranked 1st on the challenge.

1 hour ago, Yuichiro-Akuhei said:

is this challenge right away possible, or is my awesome level to low?

and how long is this challenge still active?

This challenge began the 26 july, so it will be active for another 6 days long

Edited by Arkiokin
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Potent_Delusions said:

What is the significance of this challenge? Why is this so noteworthy?

Thanks.

The Vita version of this game has the problem, that only a small amount of people is playing it and those people play this game pretty much every day. So for the average player, its impossible to reach the requirements for the diamond cup (top 1%, if Im not mistaken) in a weekly or daily challenge. But some rare challenges are glitched and simply end after a certain distance. Everyone, who can reach that spot, has a guaranteed platinum cup.

Edited by Sinthoras_96
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

The Vita version of this game has the problem, that only a small amount of people is playing it and those people play this game pretty much every day. So for the average player, its impossible to reach the requirements for the platinum cup (top 1%, if Im not mistaken) in a weekly or daily challenge. But some rare challenges are glitched and simply end after a certain distance. Everyone, who can reach that spot, has a guaranteed platinum cup.

Isn't a distance of 4000+ meters *way* past what gets you a diamond cup anyway? When I played, the cut-off was typically 1800 - 2000 meters. What is the typical cut-off nowadays?

Edited by NathanielJohn

15 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

Isn't a distance of 4000+ meters *way* past what gets you a diamond cup anyway? When I played, the cut-off was typically 1800 - 2000 meters. What is the typical cut-off nowadays?

I honestly have no idea, since I dont even own the game. A friend of mine checks the challenges on the Vita version on a daily basis since a year now and all I know is that you need to be in the top 20 players or something like that. And those spots are claimed by pretty much the same people every single day and are impossible to beat.

I just replied here to generally explain why this challenge is worth a thread, but I dont know the details^^

I'll say it again: beautiful run

Luckily we have a guy like Arkiokin to get so much tips & strategies for this :)

This looks a pretty rough run, alot of painful spots to watch out for, but I ain't stoppin' before i get that 4095m again!!! 

3 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

The only deciding factor here is where your score places compared to everyone else. You need to be among the best 1% which in most challenges translates to being the best or at worst second best.

24 minutes ago, Karlsson89 said:

The only deciding factor here is where your score places compared to everyone else. You need to be among the best 1% which in most challenges translates to being the best or at worst second best.

Or 3rd at fridays & sundays at daily

Daily extreme almost always only has 1 diamond, normal dailies 2/3, weeklies 5 (but most get 6, depends on what challenge) & weekly extremes get 3, 5 or 6 (only distances get 5 or 6, the rest mostly get 3, but challenges like pit lums even sometimes only get 1)

7 hours ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

The Vita version of this game has the problem, that only a small amount of people is playing it and those people play this game pretty much every day. So for the average player, its impossible to reach the requirements for the diamond cup (top 1%, if Im not mistaken) in a weekly or daily challenge. But some rare challenges are glitched and simply end after a certain distance. Everyone, who can reach that spot, has a guaranteed platinum cup.

Cheers Sinthoras :)

Problem doesn't exist on PS4 then?

7 hours ago, DJ_AdruA said:

Or 3rd at fridays & sundays at daily

Daily extreme almost always only has 1 diamond, normal dailies 2/3, weeklies 5 (but most get 6, depends on what challenge) & weekly extremes get 3, 5 or 6 (only distances get 5 or 6, the rest mostly get 3, but challenges like pit lums even sometimes only get 1)

Because of a special bug of the game, which can (in fact most of time) make you retrograde for one place if you go over 10km on a distance challenge, there are even less diamond cups like that on these type of challenges : for example with 280 players (so normally 2 diamond spots) if the 2nd ranked player make more than 10km, (even if he does 30km), he will not gain a diamond cup, since the game will consider him ranked 3rd, so only one diamond cup will be offered on this challenge.

In the same way, with less than 200 players, NO diamond cup is granted for the entire challenge if the player ranked 1st make more than 10km...(this is why some players search to stop at distances like 9800m for example). 

4 hours ago, Potent_Delusions said:

Cheers Sinthoras :)

Problem doesn't exist on PS4 then?

No, on PS4 there is no request of a diamond cup for any trophy, whereas there are sometimes more than 2000 diamond cups granted for a single challenge...(more than 20 000 players on a challenge)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DJ_AdruA said:

@Arkiokin ah, qui explique en effet leurs scores étant de moins de 10 km tout le temps, ils perdraient sur le diamant eux-mêmes s'ils seraient le seul diamantaire

Yes, but most of time it's to not lose diamond on rank 2 or 3 (in fact, because of a tie score at 10km+ one time, only one diamond was granted instead of 3), cause it's in fact pretty rare (for the moment) that distance challenges have less than 200 players. A lot of diamond cups were lost for a lot of players because of this bug. In my own case, I've lost a diamond cup only 3 times with this bug (whereas I'm always 1st on this type of challenge), but even if I know I will lost a diamond if I don't stop before 10 km, my aims on each challenge for keeping a minimum distance is much more important for me : for example if I play a murfy's dungeon (rarely now), I can't stop before reaching 12km (more than 2 years without any failure under this spot) or if I play a pit (extremely rarely now) it's 20km or nothing. Diamond isn't worth anymore for me now

20 hours ago, JorgeSleep said:

Yes I've done it yesterday

• Like 1

So has anyone been able to reach 4095m mark? Because I can't (even with the strategy OP is using) and I'm not bothering to keep trying after my multiple attempts. My mind is just not fast enough to respond to how fast things are happening on screen, especially with touch controls over and over.

I like to use my free time on things I enjoy doing and making progress, I don't feel like I'm making progress playing these challenges anymore, instead I just feel anger, and I've had enough of it. I just don't want to waste any more time on this game than it already did.

If someday the challenge is bugged around the 2000m mark or less, awesome I can't wait for that if it ever happens.

Edited by Crzy Minus
  • Like 2

Thank you so so much sir! I managed to reach 4095m after enough tries. This couldn't have been done without the help of your video. Your work is amazing and really quick! Now I can finally get this trophy after a year's waiting. just hope nothing goes wrong till this event ends.?