Collectibles question

agamer1

This will be my first time diving into the hearts games, very excited, but the trophies are scaring me. Specifically the collectibles, gummi, dalmatians, blueprints etc. Can you get all the collectibles after beating the game or do you have to do them very specifically in order while doing a playthrough? My first playthrough will be beginner with no continues, no armour switching & speedster by doing the "kinda glitch" of beating the game between 100 - 115 hours. Will I need to get all collectibles before beating the game for speedster or can I get them all after the credits roll? Also are any missable? I'm just worried that the collectibles will take me too long & I may miss the 100 - 115 hour mark for speedster if I can't get collectibles after the credits roll.

If not with any luck I can safely platinum the game in 2 playthroughs? 

Many thanks to anyone who can explain this clearly for me :)

There are zero missables in the game, you can collect anything at any time :)

The Dalmations don't need to be collected in order, that's just how they're recorded into your Journal, but they can be collected in any order you like.

And you can clean up anything you like after the credits roll. But honestly, you'll probably end up under 100 hours by the time you've done everything in the game and need to idle for a while. But if not, you can go to the final boss once you've reached it (it is obvious when you get to this as the game tells you) at any point and clean up anything else after.

Also a slight side note, a lot of people tend to beat the final boss once they arrive at it for Unchanging Armour, so they can use other weapons for the optional content and collecting synthesis materials. And then beat it again once they hit 100-115 hours. 

Its also easy to get through the game in 15 hours on your second run if you skip all cutscenes and optional battles. So if you do end up missing it you still have another shot at it later.

Hope that helped and let me know if anything was unclear :)

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, agamer1 said:

This will be my first time diving into the hearts games, very excited, but the trophies are scaring me. Specifically the collectibles, gummi, dalmatians, blueprints etc. Can you get all the collectibles after beating the game or do you have to do them very specifically in order while doing a playthrough? My first playthrough will be beginner with no continues, no armour switching & speedster by doing the "kinda glitch" of beating the game between 100 - 115 hours. Will I need to get all collectibles before beating the game for speedster or can I get them all after the credits roll? Also are any missable? I'm just worried that the collectibles will take me too long & I may miss the 100 - 115 hour mark for speedster if I can't get collectibles after the credits roll.

If not with any luck I can safely platinum the game in 2 playthroughs? 

Many thanks to anyone who can explain this clearly for me :)

the only rough collecting would be the crafting parts for the moogles the dalmatians and basic collectibles are pretty easy 

The thing to also note, when you get to Halloween Town in the game, you will see a few chests in one area.  For spoiler purposes I wont say what exactly you end up doing there though, but if you want to know what, I'll mention it.  But even after you finish that world, you can go back and collect the chests and one of the Trinitys you might not have gotten when you did that section on the story visit.  So that does go hand in hand with people saying nothing is misable in the game :)

Thanks for all the help everyone, really appreciate it! :) can't wait to dive in to the whole series, hopefully ready for KH3 :)

4 hours ago, Kristycism said:

There are zero missables in the game, you can collect anything at any time :)

The Dalmations don't need to be collected in order, that's just how they're recorded into your Journal, but they can be collected in any order you like.

And you can clean up anything you like after the credits roll. But honestly, you'll probably end up under 100 hours by the time you've done everything in the game and need to idle for a while. But if not, you can go to the final boss once you've reached it (it is obvious when you get to this as the game tells you) at any point and clean up anything else after.

Also a slight side note, a lot of people tend to beat the final boss once they arrive at it for Unchanging Armour, so they can use other weapons for the optional content and collecting synthesis materials. And then beat it again once they hit 100-115 hours. 

Its also easy to get through the game in 15 hours on your second run if you skip all cutscenes and optional battles. So if you do end up missing it you still have another shot at it later.

Hope that helped and let me know if anything was unclear :)

So just to clarify,  I can beat the game (final boss) say at 50 hours, do a clean up, collectibles, quests, armours etc. & then beat the game again at the 100 - 115 hour mark & the 15 hour trophy won't be void due to already beating the game before? 

Just want to clarify :)

7 minutes ago, agamer1 said:

Thanks for all the help everyone, really appreciate it! :) can't wait to dive in to the whole series, hopefully ready for KH3 :)

So just to clarify,  I can beat the game (final boss) say at 50 hours, do a clean up, collectibles, quests, armours etc. & then beat the game again at the 100 - 115 hour mark & the 15 hour trophy won't be void due to already beating the game before? 

Just want to clarify :)

Yeah, that works.

• Like 1