Top 10 PS3 JRPG Exclusives

KawaiiSlowpoke

One of my favorite RPGs on PS3 was Rune Factory Oceans (or Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny, depending on where you live). It had a super relaxing atmosphere and was a nice little mix of games like Harvest Moon and your typical Adventure RPG. 

I would say the Atelier games, but most (if not all?) have been remade for Vita and there will also be PS4 ports in the near future.

Otherwise I would suggest the Tales of games and Ni No Kuni.

And maybe the old Hyperdimension Neptunia games.

Battle Princess of Arcadias

All three Final Fantasy XIII games

Mugen Souls & Mugen Souls Z, Disgaea 3 & 4 (more SRPGs than JRPGs)

Trinity Universe

Legasista

Ar tonelico Qoga

That's everything I can think of. But I don't know if all of them are PS3 exclusive.

Edited by Kurorac

From my collection, here are some I believe are only on PS3 and not Vita or PS4. 

Ar Tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel

Awakened Fate: Ultimatum

Eternal Sonata 

Final Fantasy XIII

Final Fantasy XIII-2

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

Folklore

Guided Fate Paradox

Mugen Souls

Mugen Souls z

Resonance of Fate 

Tales of Graces F

Tales Of Xillia

Tales of Xillia 2

Time & Eternity 

Trinity: Souls of ZIll Oill

Edited by Zofia
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, colinnola said:

Tales of Xillia

Tales of Xillia 2

Tales of Graces f (also on wii)

On Wii but only in Japan if i'm not mistaken so it counts as a Western exclusive for PS3 like Tales of Vesperia was on Xbox 360 

Edited by Sigma999
  • Like 1

Almost all of my favourite JRPG's seem to have gotten a PS4 remake, but here are the remaining few that I really enjoyed (in no particular order):

FFXIII

FFXIII-2

Lightning Returns

Tales of Symphonia (Gamecube remake)

Tales of Xillia

Tales of Xillia 2

Tales of Vesperia (PS4 remake announced apparently. Also I think it's on Xbox but the PS3 one has a lot of extra additions. I've just played the PS3 version and loved it)

Tales of Graces F (Wii also in Japan)

Disgaea 4 A promise Unforgotten (There is a Vita port with DLC included)

Disgaea 3 (Also has a vita port with dlc included)

Previously on my list but have gotten PS4 ports are Okami HD, FFX/X-2 HD remaster, Kingdom Hearts 1.5, 2.5 and 2.8 and 

If you are familiar with the Atelier games, there is a number of them exclusive to ps3 like the 3 Dusk series games and the 3 Arland series ones. Ive just played Atelier sophie, but that also has a ps4, pc and vita port. 

25 minutes ago, Lava_Yuki said:

Disgaea 4 A promise Unforgotten (There is a Vita port with DLC included)

Disgaea 3 (Also has a vita port with dlc included)

If you are familiar with the Atelier games, there is a number of them exclusive to ps3 like the 3 Dusk series games and the 3 Arland series ones. Ive just played Atelier sophie, but that also has a ps4, pc and vita port. 

Didn't know the Disgaea games have Vita ports, oh well.

Both the Arland and the Dusk series have Vita ports with additional content.

That's a hard one, if we're counting PS2 classics and remasters that were on PS3 from previous generations, and only not on PS4 or Vita, I'd say

• Tales of Symphonia
  • Lightning Returns
  • Tales of Graces f
  • Time and Eternity
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
  • Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2
  • Trinity Universe
  • Eternal Sonata
  • Persona 3 FES (I know there's a version on the PSP, but the PS2 version is vastly superior)
  • Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne
  • Like 2

Just now, ExHaseo said:

That's a hard one, if we're counting PS2 classics and remasters that were on PS3 from previous generations, and only not on PS4 or Vita, I'd say

• Tales of Symphonia
  • Lightning Returns
  • Tales of Graces f
  • Time and Eternity
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
  • Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2
  • Trinity Universe
  • Eternal Sonata
  • Persona 3 FES (I know there's a version on the PSP, but the PS2 version is vastly superior)
  • Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne

Oooooh I didnt know a lot of those ps2 ones are on ps3! I'll definitely pick up Digital Devil Saga and Nocturne and the Tales of games

1. Demon's Souls
  2. Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll
  3. Rune Factory Oceans
  4. Dragon Age: Origins (not JRPG, but WRPG)
  5. Maybe Risen 3? (not JRPG, but WRPG)

Also, may wanna check out Disgaea and Atelier series! I could mention a bucket load of more games, just not the time for it right now.

Edited by MMDE

• 4 weeks later...

It really depends on how broad your definition of JRPG is. If you count Souls games, e.g., the entire top three of my list will be Dark Souls, Demon's Souls and Dark Souls II. But assuming you mean a more "traditional" JRPG, I would go with the following (in no particular order, and I have trouble coming up with 10):

Tales of Graces f - probably my favorite exclusive (at least as far as Sony systems). It has an annoying plat, but if you just play it, it's a blast. I love the fact that each character has 100+ titles. 

Eternal Sonata - prior to the days of trophies, but this game was remarkably nostalgic for me

Hyperdimension Neptunia: Victory - don't laugh. This game was actually a pretty solid RPG, correcting a ton of errors from the first two offerings.

Resonance of Fate - if you can get through the glacial pacing of the story, the action is incredibly solid. It has one of the best battle systems of any RPG I've played.

Ar Tonelico: Qoga - another quirky offering. A bit...fan-service, but the diving mechanics were solid. Skip Ar Nosurge, however (I don't think it was PS3 exclusive,either)

Now, if you count PS2 classics, that list jumps immensely (the PS2 was fantastically rich with JRPGs). But sadly, the PS3 was a little weak (and honestly, quirky titles like Ar Tonelico won't appeal to many, although it is good).

• 1 month later...
3D Dot Game Heroes
Cross Edge
Drakengard 3
Enchanted Arms
The Guided Fate Paradox
Last Rebellion
Legasista
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
Tales of Xillia 1 and 2
Time and Eternity
Trinity Universe
Way of the Samurai 3
White Knight Chronicles I and II
Yakuza series

This is a little over 10 - sorry!

I love seeing this list and seeing Eternal Sonata on here several times even though it has no trophies.  It was part of that initial batch that was just spectacular.

At Toneliqo

Atelier Rorona (and for that matter I love the whole series)

Final fantasy XIII-2

Hyperdimension Neptunia

Kingdom Hearts

Ni no Kuni

Tales of Grace F

Tales of Symphonia

Tales of Xillia

Tales of Xillia 2

Time and Eternity (this was pretty funny)

Trinity Universe

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 5:09 AM, Izul said:

One of my favorite RPGs on PS3 was Rune Factory Oceans (or Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny, depending on where you live). It had a super relaxing atmosphere and was a nice little mix of games like Harvest Moon and your typical Adventure RPG. 

Rune Factory Oceans / Tides of Destiny was awesome.  It had a great story and the characters were great, the only drawback to the game is the mass amount of grinding you have to do for trophies.  But that has no factor on how awesome the game is.