Legendary rarity

The descriptors used here are from PSN. While it sounds like a cool idea, I wouldn't want PSNP to deviate from what's being used by Sony.

Edit: Just kidding - see below

Edited by Aeir_

I think “Very Commum” is more “needed” than any < 1% trophies.

It’s a huge gap for all Commum trophies: 50-100% :(

I think we don’t need another section for 1-10%, two is already enough. Plus, a lot of player don’t have < 1% trophies ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

The trophy rarity thing actually was copies by Sony from here.. This site has been using the current ranking for years before Sony implemented it on PSN.. 

46 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

It's actually the opposite, Sony copied our rarities, down to the terminologies and percentages xD Imitation is the highest form of flattery I guess

Oh how interesting. When were the rarities implemented in PSN?

2 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

Somewhere around 2 years ago, we've had rarities on this site I think since around the time it started like 7 years ago :P 

I remember the rarities being here since I joined in 2014, but I guess I just assumed that Sony had always had them. Kudos to PSNP; I think there's a whole list of things PSNP does better that maybe Sony could learn from. 

• Like 2

I think this is a great idea. Plats below 1% are most definitely in their own class, I would even argue that it could be less than 2%, because plats that are in the 4.99%-2% range are definitely easier. I can't imagine it would be that difficult to implement, and it would also be pretty cool to be able to say I have X number of "Legendary" plats.

I also think having a new rarity would also help push people to do those super difficult less than 1% plats, possibly help drive some new events, and give people who have put in the work some recognition.

Because right now, I know that I have zero desire to go for a less than 1% plat, I rarely even want to go for a less than 2%, because I know how difficult and time consuming they are. If there was a separate rarity though, I'd try to go for more.

And for events, there's a number of events that use rarity as a point system, and while some already give more points for less than 1%, not all of them do. And introducing a new rarity will kind of force people to give more points for those. As well as possibly give a rise to more events like the Star Ocean event, where people do these super difficult plats.

Then lastly, I just think the people who put in the time and effort to get plats like DJ Hero or Super Street Fighter IV definitely deserve some extra recognition for it (Or even those less than 2% like Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed and Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus). But with UR just being UR, those super difficult plats are considered the same as other UR plats like Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories or Arkham City, which are way easier.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

I think this is a great idea. Plats below 1% are most definitely in their own class, I would even argue that it could be less than 2%, because plats that are in the 4.99%-2% range are definitely easier. I can't imagine it would be that difficult to implement, and it would also be pretty cool to be able to say I have X number of "Legendary" plats.

Hmm yeah, maybe it should be 2% and under because 1% seems a little too rare, I only have 12 trophies 2% and under xD 

• Like 1

Great idea IMO. Under 1% should definitely be the threshold, seems a little weird to do any other percentage. The whole point of them is for them to be incredibly rare so that threshold is the way to go. We shouldn't be accommodating the rarity around one that enables every user to have a load of them.

Edited by Potent_Delusions
  • Like 3