Blacklisting players

You can just remove them from your session (if hosting) which will ban the player unless you decide to lift it. Alternatively you can also set the session for manual approval only so you can hand tailor who you think would best fit the session e.g. localisation. Another solution is to not restrict your session to x amount of players but rather x+1 or x+2 as there are always likely to be flakes, especially with larger co-op sessions. I'll add that it's frowned upon to name and shame, it would be appreciated if you could keep the person's identity anonymous.

Edited by Zolkovo
  • Like 1

Two words: Manual approve.

I think this is why manual approve was implemented in the first place. If you follow Zolkovo’s tips you will rarely have any issues. Just put your session on manual approve, check if he is serious about the game/trophy hunting. Then send him a message and if he doesn’t respond within some sort of timeframe, I usually wait 2 days, just kick him out of the boosting session and look for someone else. Never had any issues this way. (I don’t play much online though)

• Like 3

Unresponsiveness is oddly sometimes dependent on the game you're playing (i.e. I've had 4 or 5 people join one of my recent sessions, none responded, setting up SFIV took over a week), but not strictly so. It's something I've noticed become increasingly common over the years, unfortunately. Others take the session too seriously or not seriously enough, exhibit questionable behavior or bring the wrong attitude. A number folks doesn't even read the notes. The player mentioned by OP also joined another session of mine last month, with exactly the same results. Like posters above suggested, make use of the kick button and manual approval. At worst, just edit your session and increase number of players. I suggest you wait 24 (48) hours at most when on a schedule, then move onto someone else; alternatively, keep multiple contacts. To avoid unnecessary issues, ensure you have proper mutual understanding and have clear communication.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BakkerJ said:

Two words: Manual approve.

I think this is why manual approve was implemented in the first place.

This is exactly why.

This has been suggested Many times before, and would have been evident by using the Search function.

Name & Shaming is bad.

• Like 1

Always create more spots then the session needs so you will have back ups, ban players  you know are totally useless or use manual approval.

Out of the sessions i have created a total of 30ish people have signed up and about 6-7 have actually responded and joined the session. 

You simply got suck it up and deal with the people wasting your time unless you use manual approval.

I have to admit I joined a few sessions in my life, that I had titally forgot about them. But luckily I never gotten a message cursing me out. I feel so ashamed!! ?

Thxs for pointing it out who it is. I know the site got issues with naming and shaming someone but thank you, its good to know who the troublemaker is!

I never really made a session before but if theres option to have max participates that probably is best option to migitate the issue. And just follow up with whoever joined thru pm.

39 minutes ago, Leigrez said:

I just find it very peculiar that in the grand scheme of this comment, that I am frowned upon because I "named and shamed", the problem with not ever calling somebody out on their crap... they still stay crappy. That person has bailed and not shown up on not 1, not 2, not 3, 4, or 5 sessions I've had, but 7 (I can even list the games for you - and not all of them are hosted by me, but by people who don't know about his history!)

I really wanted a mod to look into their feedback since I can't seem to see it and I feel as if they should be banned permanently from this site, after xx amount of negatives of not showing up/being disruptive. Otherwise what's the point of the feedback?!?  It doesn't stop them from joining sessions I don't control, it doesn't ban them eventually, and no one can see the feedback as far as I can tell. Basically players can be crappy, take up spots and not show up and delay game boosting and trophy hunting for a couple weeks, without repercussions. If you don't feel like your time is valuable that's fine. Mine IS. I boost fast and efficient, and anyone who's come to a session I've hosted will vouch for that. 

As nice as the manual approvals are (which I am aware of, and telling me to use a search function to find this, doesn't actually help this scenario, because I searched for banning players from the site, cause that's what I wanted to know, not how to manually approve players), if say xx1 asked to be manually approved as does xx2 and xx3 for a game that only requires 3 spots, now I have to message each one, find out about how much they really want to do this, and potentially, screw somebody over, saying they can't join because they didn't message me back right away. So as nice as it is, it's kinda not. Cause usually I will get messages from players asking to join in on my session even though its full because of the manual approval thing. Plus I feel bad they can't get it now so I help them.

So my main questions still stand, where can you see the feedback? Does it actually do anything? And can you ban somebody from here? If not, why?

Post Script: Phil I had a absolutely terrible experience with Discord, so I won't do it. Not after the ridiculousness that was involved with making a simple session, plus that doesn't help this site, which is a problem, because it's nice that there are other services out there, but on the site that I enjoy using we should be figuring out how to make it better, not straying people away from using it's services. Cause it's always a good thing to want something to be better, right?

As someone who is a friend of Leigrez, I too ha e encountered that exact player "t-sas-g" on a few occasions, and for the Love of God, he never ever shows up or responds. I swear that dude is alive just to ruin potential boosting sessions for real players who actually want to get stuff done. I literally check almost every session that's available almost every day, and I'm not lieing, seldom are the days when I don't see a players named t-sas-g in one or more sessions. That dude deserves to be called out for being unresponsive to anyone practically. 

#ImWithLeigrez 

#STOP-t-sas-g

• Like 3

I’ve had sessions in the past where t-sas has joined and from what I remember he doesn’t speak English. Still he shouldn’t be joining sessions and not showing up. That really irks me! Lol gaming sessions and mp in general is always a head wrecking mess which is why I’ve created a new account where I’ll only play mp that is relatively quick and easy or I can do solo. It would be a great idea if you could block people from joining your sessions - much better than this feedback rubbish that doesn’t result in anything.

I'm surprised this thread wasn't locked up.  Anyways, hopefully session feedback takes care of issues like this.  This info should be made viewable to session hosts on their ratings.  I've said time and time again that feedback will improve the quality of 'boosters' you will find on this site.  If you hold people accountable for their actions they will learn (hopefully).

Language barriers sometimes exist.  But still... use translate. 

Treat boosting like a day job.  If you skip a day of work, there is consequences.  So if you skip sessions, you're screwing over your entire team that may rely on you. 

Edited by DARKB1KE
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, DARKB1KE said:

I'm surprised this thread wasn't locked up.  Anyways, hopefully session feedback takes care of issues like this. 

I would hope that they don't lock up this post, considering not one person has actually answered my questions at hand. And yeah DarkB1ke, I do hope feedback would solve this, and I agree, if you are a trophy hunter, this generally is like a second job, if you do it casually then the sessions should be "just for fun" - I see a bunch of those and that's awesome, but I'm trying to get through my backlog and people who don't show up for a "boosting" session. That's a problem.

3 hours ago, HOGIE838IRE said:

I’ve had sessions in the past where t-sas has joined and from what I remember he doesn’t speak English. Still he shouldn’t be joining sessions and not showing up. That really irks me! Lol gaming sessions and mp in general is always a head wrecking mess which is why I’ve created a new account where I’ll only play mp that is relatively quick and easy or I can do solo. It would be a great idea if you could block people from joining your sessions - much better than this feedback rubbish that doesn’t result in anything.

That's amazing that he's shown up and you have had a fine session with him, and I can say I first met him on Crysis 2 about 3 months ago, where he was messaging in english, so he does speak it somewhat, but he wasn't paying attention to anything that was said in the group chat nor was he actually interested in the help I was trying to give him. So I gave up trying after 2 hours. Normally, I would care if this behaviour was over a span of say a year... but these sessions have been over the last 3 months... that A LOT to bail on in 3 months. Plus, those are only the sessions I joined too... I heard from others it was much much more.

• Like 1

If the same user keeps joining your sessions and not showing up, why would you let this continue for 7 sessions? A reasonable person would eventually kick them whenever they join and not depend on them to show up after 7 or so sessions. 

I don't think a public ban list is necessary. People are taking these boosting sessions way too seriously. I've missed a few sessions for unexpected life things and I've joined even more sessions that were successful. I've had people join my sessions and never messaged me and I've had people join my sessions and be great. I've joined flexible no date/no time sessions that never ended up working with my schedule and I've joined set in stone sessions which switched at the last minute to a time that also didn't work with my schedule. If you want to treat boosting as a second job, then go for it but don't complain that you have to put more work into vetting players that may not have the same stance as you.

I would like to be able to ban individual players from joining my sessions since there are a few that I had bad experiences with. On the other side, I would also like to have a private list of players I 'gold starred' or something so that I can remember them in the future since there are so many players I had good experiences with.

Naming and shaming leads to harassment. We don't know this player's life. PSNP is usually a good and welcoming community that I would hate to see turn toxic because it becomes acceptable to be mean to people who may not be able to defend themselves and I really think the mods should be more active in this issue. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Leigrez said:

I was just curious if there was a way to blacklist a player from ever joining your sessions? Because I have made several sessions where "t-sas-g" https://psnprofiles.com/t-sas-g has joined, but he/she doesn't respond to any messages, nor actually joins the allocated times posted for the session at hand, thus taking a spot that rightfully could have went to another player that wants the trophies. 

My advice to you would be to build your own boosting network separate from the gaming sessions on this site. Try and find and befriend players with alot of games similar to you that are regs. Alternatively don't setup sessions on here. Just cold message people that have and say you will do it with them. I have had alot of success with this. Leave the time open and you will probably do it alot quicker than expected. 

I am sure there is some benefits to the gaming sessions on here but to be honest why continually waste your times with randoms. 

As far as blacklisting people it is not necessary just close your profile to accepting friend request / messages. Delete anyone you don't want to deal with. You would be surprised how much time you will save. If your standup then you will find like minded people. 

Of course you could always buy another console. Self boosting is 99% of the time a better option anyway.

Goodluck

wow...the op seems to be all over the place here...first, takes sessions super serious but can't be bothered to make them manual approval and actually message people...seems to know who the problematic player is but keeps letting them take up a "valuable spot" expecting them to pitch in...won't add a couple spaces for backup but ends up  helping other players anyways...seems to be a bunch of contradictions...regardless, it appears to all be beside the point...i'll make an attempt at addressing the specific questions...

session feedback has been in trial for a while now...i'm guessing about a year, if not longer... since implemented, not much has changed with regards to how reliable some people have been from what I've seen...no you can't see anyone's feedback rating since it is just a trial...i personally am against the idea of forced feedback (as you can see if you browse the thread below)...there are also very easy ways around it...rather than leave feedback, delete session...or don't join session, just leave a message saying you'd like to join...so it would potentially have no meaning...i've run and joined plenty of sessions and I'm almost certain my rating is still as virgin as can be...what's the point of session feedback?...well, I'm guessing not much at this point in time...

with regards to player in op...i had them join a session recently for sniper : ghost warrior...they did in fact join up but didn't have a mic, which is fine, but also didn't follow directions and was having us wait indefinitely for them to finish single player missions in a separate game to get our session going...after day 2, a vote was taken amongst the dedicated  players that were ready to go and the person was quickly replaced...should they join any future sessions, I'll just hit the "kick" option or ask the host to remove them and that's about as easy as it gets...a "ban" option does not exist...not sure why one would be needed as a feature when the "kick" option already exists... it also wouldn't solve the issue when joining sessions that someone else is hosting...again, if you're super serious about boosting as you claim, you can get email notifications when someone joins your session and delete "bad apples" promptly...

side note : if you are having consistent problems with a player sending a private message to a mod might be a good idea...i would have to say that, from what I've seen, the sessions are the least moderated portion of the site, so the chance of an admin noticing this type of behavior on their own is pretty slim...have you tried pming a mod?...or did you just create this thread instead?...

link to session feedback thread :

helpful?...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Leigrez said:

[...] As nice as the manual approvals are (which I am aware of, and telling me to use a search function to find this, doesn't actually help this scenario, because I searched for banning players from the site, cause that's what I wanted to know, not how to manually approve players), if say xx1 asked to be manually approved as does xx2 and xx3 for a game that only requires 3 spots, now I have to message each one, find out about how much they really want to do this, and potentially, screw somebody over, saying they can't join because they didn't message me back right away. So as nice as it is, it's kinda not. Cause usually I will get messages from players asking to join in on my session even though its full because of the manual approval thing. Plus I feel bad they can't get it now so I help them. [...]

It's really no different to you setting a player cap to your sessions. You're simply following "the out of sight, out of mind" philosophy. The only difference between the two is that in one you can see all the players who'd like to join and in the other you can't. Those who aren't able to join are no better or worse off in either situation and you can simply treat it on a first-come first-serve basis which is the equivalent of an open policy with player cap. Everyone can see whether they've been accepted into the session or not and if you're polite enough to decline quickly after the session is full, those who didn't make the cut can pencil something else into that time slot. People are also unable to request to join once the session is full, FYI. So depending on your efficiency, you might not even find yourself in that "uncomfortable" scenario. People sending you messages when full will happen regardless of it being manual approval or not.

Since you're only having trouble with the one person, unless you're hosting 100s of gaming sessions it doesn't take a lot of effort to remove this one person from each of your sessions. Judging by your gaming profile it might actually be the case so I can kinda understand why you'd want the option to personally ban someone. As it stands though there are plenty of easy workarounds but you seem more intent on getting them removed from the community rather than resolving your issue.

Edited by Zolkovo

I’ll join that list of people who’ve had issues with that user. Why do those people join? Especially when they get added to large group chats, it must surely get annoying to see messages pop up all the time if you’re not involved. He was always online too. Argh.

Anyways, I’d be in favour of something like this, though as someone mentioned manual approval is a good alternative. I’m guessing the feedback system still doesn’t really have a function atm? I guess there’s reasons for not seeing everyone’s feedback rating but I feel like we should be aware if someone consistently gets marked poorly.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

If the same user keeps joining your sessions and not showing up, why would you let this continue for 7 sessions? A reasonable person would eventually kick them whenever they join and not depend on them to show up after 7 or so sessions. 

I would like to be able to ban individual players from joining my sessions since there are a few that I had bad experiences with. On the other side, I would also like to have a private list of players I 'gold starred' or something so that I can remember them in the future since there are so many players I had good experiences with.

Like I said, I didn't host all of them, I gave him 2 chances... the other five he joined after the fact I had joined, so I had no control over it. I also love the idea of having a list of players that you "gold star" or highlight, that you had a great session with. Also cause my friends list is crazy huge right now, and I don't even remember the players I played with 5 months ago and had a good session with. This is also because I went through around 40 online titles in about 3 months.

11 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

wow...the op seems to be all over the place here...first, takes sessions super serious but can't be bothered to make them manual approval and actually message people...seems to know who the problematic player is but keeps letting them take up a "valuable spot" expecting them to pitch in...won't add a couple spaces for backup but ends up  helping other players anyways...seems to be a bunch of contradictions...regardless, it appears to all be beside the point...i'll make an attempt at addressing the specific questions...

session feedback has been in trial for a while now...i'm guessing about a year, if not longer... since implemented, not much has changed with regards to how reliable some people have been from what I've seen...no you can't see anyone's feedback rating since it is just a trial...i personally am against the idea of forced feedback (as you can see if you browse the thread below)...there are also very easy ways around it...rather than leave feedback, delete session...or don't join session, just leave a message saying you'd like to join...so it would potentially have no meaning...i've run and joined plenty of sessions and I'm almost certain my rating is still as virgin as can be...what's the point of session feedback?...well, I'm guessing not much at this point in time...

with regards to player in op...i had them join a session recently for sniper : ghost warrior...they did in fact join up but didn't have a mic, which is fine, but also didn't follow directions and was having us wait indefinitely for them to finish single player missions in a separate game to get our session going...after day 2, a vote was taken amongst the dedicated  players that were ready to go and the person was quickly replaced...should they join any future sessions, I'll just hit the "kick" option or ask the host to remove them and that's about as easy as it gets...a "ban" option does not exist...not sure why one would be needed as a feature when the "kick" option already exists... it also wouldn't solve the issue when joining sessions that someone else is hosting...again, if you're super serious about boosting as you claim, you can get email notifications when someone joins your session and delete "bad apples" promptly...

side note : if you are having consistent problems with a player sending a private message to a mod might be a good idea...i would have to say that, from what I've seen, the sessions are the least moderated portion of the site, so the chance of an admin noticing this type of behavior on their own is pretty slim...have you tried pming a mod?...or did you just create this thread instead?...

link to session feedback thread :

helpful?...

In a nutshell yeah, you answered the questions, and no I didn't message a mod, I didn't know which one would actually be taking care of the session portion or who implemented it... as for the contradictions... when you are trying to crush through 100's of games, having 5 or 6 sessions in a week, Have to jump back and forth messaging people, then like I had mentioned, not based on join time, it would be based on responsiveness time, where somebody was busy and couldn't respond to the pm's that day that I sent them, but could have made the session. So in turn, they would get screwed out of a session that they should have been apart of all along, that's not fair, so basically I should just do a manual approval for everything, and just live with it.

5 hours ago, Zolkovo said:

Since you're only having trouble with the one person, unless you're hosting 100s of gaming sessions it doesn't take a lot of effort to remove this one person from each of your sessions. Judging by your gaming profile it might actually be the case so I can kinda understand why you'd want the option to personally ban someone. As it stands though there are plenty of easy workarounds but you seem more intent on getting them removed from the community rather than resolving your issue.

It's not even a ban from the site, it's just a ban from joining sessions I'm at least hosting. Kinda like the "preferred players" thing that several games implement. I feel as if we had a preferred players list which included banned players, and when you made a session it would send a pm to all of these preferred players and not allow the banned players from joining. It would make things much easier for finding good players that want to do certain games.

Edited by Leigrez

Beautiful how my post got deleted when I was stating how I enjoy threads like this, it indeed triggered the fuck out of the sjw police from this site, this whole nonsense about "No NaMiNg AnD ShAMiNg" should be erradicated cause it can save a lot of time when you want to boost with people from here and  to actually prevent wasting hours, but I guess thats offensive too, in fact I might get called nazi ?

• Like 1

This should basically fix this issue when it fully releases, buuuut I should probably lock this because is it's sliding off the rails :P 

For now I would say manual approve or if you're host you can remove them if they join, unless Sly decides to ban the person from sessions

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1