PSNP Interviews: ExHaseo.

Wavergray

12 minutes ago, soultaker655 said:

DJ Max Portable Fever

manofculture.jpg

Since you listed this, have you ever heard of and/or thought of getting DJMax Respect? I've been playing it since around the end of March and it's had me hooked. The 100% is hard as hell now, but it's pretty much the definitive DJMax game, with every song from Portable 1 and Portable 2 as well as plenty of Respect originals in the base game alone (for reference, Fever was a mix of songs from P1 and P2).

@ExHaseo

• Like 1

Just now, Walt the Dog said:

manofculture.jpg

Since you listed this, have you ever heard of and/or thought of getting DJMax Respect? I've been playing it since around the end of March and it's had me hooked. The 100% is hard as hell now, but it's pretty much the definitive DJMax game, with every song from Portable 1 and Portable 2 as well as plenty of Respect originals in the base game alone (for reference, Fever was a mix of songs from P1 and P2).

@ExHaseo

I hadn't thought about it much. I picked up Technika Tune and wasn't really into the new style of gameplay(which I guess is like the arcade version with the touchscreen), and I only liked a couple of the songs. So when I heard about Respect, I assumed it was going to be like Technika. I didn't realize it was a return to the Portable style gameplay! Just knowing it has all of the Portable 1 and 2 songs means it's an instant buy for me. I love a ton of the songs from Fever. I'm definitely going to pick it up as soon as I can.

• Like 1

Rosalina is your favorite Nintendo character... I was honestly expecting a Pokemon! Haha.

That sucks about having that single trophy hidden though. I would've never guessed it was from being hacked! On the other hand, it also shows why people shouldn't take hidden trophies so seriously either. Stuff happens. :P

• Like 1

@ExHaseo

Excellent. This was a pretty interesting read for me. Many thanks for answering my questions ^^

Yes, I also really liked the twists and turns in Symphonia's story back in the day when I first played it. Besides the unique battle system, wanting to see if the party was gonna succeed in their world regeneration journey is what kept me coming back to play the game time after time :)

Now, I actually love Xillia. I haven't really played much of the rest of the series but the dark tone of this installment and the character's personalities were what really draw me into it. I have to agree though, that there are very little diversions to keep you occupied once you finish the story and that the 2nd playthrough with the other character doesn't really add to much to the experience.

Aye! Lloyd was also my favorite character in the game. 2nd favorite would be a tie between Presea and Colette. Kratos was pretty cool as well. My least favorite characters were Regal and Raine.

SO4 is the only Star Ocean game I have played to date and I absolutely love the superb battle system there. It is so dynamic and fluid, really the best active not-turn-based system I have ever seen. I thought the story was good enough. Not mind-boggling but reasonably interesting as to come back to it, I really don't get why the cast gets so much hate >.< The Platinum requirements are insane though. I haven't really attempted playing the game again in fear that I could potentially end up hating it after going for those battle trophies >.>

I do want to play it again on a harder difficulty just for fun, so I may just give in and go for the trophies at some point ?

Arumat, eh? Cool guy, 2nd favorite character to me. He could have been my fave but, for me, catgirls triumph everything, so I obviously ended up loving Meracle lol ;)

• Like 1

@ExHaseo

Totally agree with FF and Kingdom Hearts, and am very happy to see FFX in your top 5 list! FFX was my first FF and made me fall in love with the series!

Also I'm a fan of almost all the games you mentioned in the last point as a fellow JRPG fan :) 

I also really enjoyed reading your story on life advice and career. I used to always want to be a character designer and spent my entire childhood and teenage years drawing my favourite anime and gaming characters, that i have 3 portfolio books of them (mostly characters from FF, tales, yugioh series, kingdom hearts, the world ends with you etc). I also did my high school final exam art project on it. But unfortunately I ended up giving up on it in fear of not being able to secure employment or struggle to find a secure job, so I ended up going to medical school and becoming a doctor instead and enjoy it. But I still keep my drawing as a hobby, but I find it really cool when people can make a career out of it. One of my friends is a game designer in Japan and I remember when she first told me I got really excited being a gamer! 

• Like 1