Most Boring/Tedious Trophy Lists

LunchCannon54

This is a topic for those of us who wish to air their grievances over awful trophy lists (or trophies) which force players to go through any number of pointless and unnecessary tasks that no one would realistically waste their time with; usually adding nothing to the intended gameplay experience beyond wasting the player's time. This is obviously relative to the amount of time one would spend with the game or type of game in question.

I'll start things off with a couple.

Pac-Man 256 for two tedious trophies that keep you grinding the game for perhaps 30 hours for what is a lazy endless runner that most players would spend a few minutes with at most with almost no gameplay depth whatsoever. 

Tales of Xillia 2 for forcing the player to repetitively grind out every playable character's individual unique combat and support abilities 450 times which adds nothing at all to the game beyond making the player do one thing over and over 450 times. 

What are yours?

Monster Hunter World. Awesome game with a terrible trophy list. Grinding+RNG=not a fun Platinum.

Stories: Path of Destinies. Playing through the game over and over to get all the endings plus the grinding for all skills burned me out before I got the Plat.

Edited by Killbomb

A few i obtained by now:

1) Pick Up 500k Gold in Quest of Dungeons: instead of a 10 hour voyage this trophy makes it 50 hours. 12 playthroughs more than is good

2) 10002 kills in Battlefield Bad Company: that kill amount took ages :(

3) Collecting Online Treasures in Uncharted 3: 50 hours grinding only for the very last treasure. Damn RNG

Something i'm working on:

1) Lost Planet 2. The entire list. Campaign is i.e. 21 chapters but you must complete 300 chapters for a trophy. Get all Nom de Guerres and Good Job Awards too. Dozens of hours grinding to use all weapons in either sp or mp

• Like 1

I’ll go with the Uncharted 3 DLCs which I’m kinda doing in my spare time when I’m not boosting other things. Mainly the treasure collection trophies. Basically having to complete some long treasure sets where the only way of getting them is from random drops from enemies you kill in specific game modes. The drops are also pretty infrequent so it’s just a chore. Since they’re just DLC trophies it doesn’t make me too mad though.

• Like 1

I go for Kung Fu Panda Showdown Of Legendary Legends that online was extremly boring and you only get like 8 XP every match if the other guy quits on you and you need tons of XP to get to the highest rank trophy witch will take time with giving turns to eachother 625 matches each. The thing is that earning XP is a joke in this game and it goes to slow with boosting.

Edited by TazDevilz1986
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

I go for Kung Fu Panda Showdown Of Legendary Legends that online was extremly boring and you only get like 8 XP every match if the other guy quits on you and you need tons of XP to get to the highest rank trophy witch will take time with giving turns to eachother 625 matches each. The thing is that earning XP is a joke in this game and it goes to slow with boosting.

Then, that's your fault for boosting it and not doing it legit, while the servers were still very much active. I had no problem platting it without boosting it. First person to do it, after it became a free PS+ game. 

Edited by HesterKRGod

12 minutes ago, HesterKRGod said:

Then, that's your fault for boosting it and not doing it legit, while the servers were still very much active. I had no problem platting it without boosting it. First person to do it, after it became a free PS+ game. 

I bought it on release so it was dead. I am the 9th plat achiever for this game back in 2016. Yeah sure, if i did it when it was on PS Plus i could do it legit.

Edited by TazDevilz1986

I dont know if it has been mentioned yet but the last trophy for Rayman Legends is getting lvl 11 Awesome. It is really tedious and boring because you play  those auto generated daily challenges every day for weeks. There are definitively worse trophies but this trophy's slow grind soured the game for me.

1 hour ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

I bought it on release so it was dead. I am the 9th plat achiever for this game back in 2016. Yeah sure, if i did it when it was on PS Plus i could do it legit.

How many people do you think would be online at one time near the release back then?

1 hour ago, HesterKRGod said:

How many people do you think would be online at one time near the release back then?

It doesn't matter. I thought it was a easy platinum that's why i bought it. And also i ended up doing it again on the PS3 lol.

Edited by TazDevilz1986

3 hours ago, Starrk_01 said:

Recently I play Risen 3 which was free on PS plus and the 2000 kill trophy was a time eater. I spent hours after beating the game just killing the never ending monsters at the end of the game. Didn't add anything to the experience.

Was considering downlo9ading Risen 3 just 3 days ago. Is this trophy really that bad?

Diabolo 3 immediately comes to mind for its massive grind. Then there is Tales of Symphonia, that basically requires at least 4 long playthroughs (but its a great games, so I'll do it eventually) 

8 hours ago, Killbomb said:

Monster Hunter World. Awesome game with a terrible trophy list. Grinding+RNG=not a fun Platinum.

Stories: Path of Destinies. Playing through the game over and over to get all the endings plus the grinding for all skills burned me out before I got the Plat.

I found Path of Destinies to be one of the most enjoyable plats. Only felt a little grindy right towards the end, but by then the shiny plat was in site

4 hours ago, DRSOCCER72 said:

I dont know if it has been mentioned yet but the last trophy for Rayman Legends is getting lvl 11 Awesome. It is really tedious and boring because you play  those auto generated daily challenges every day for weeks. There are definitively worse trophies but this trophy's slow grind soured the game for me.

I loved this plat too, found the daily and weekly challenges great fun, although occasional annoying. Took a few months sure. 

• Like 1

Any game that has you grind out max levels for no reason. It's one thing if there are increasingly difficult battles and leveling helps with it, but when you're expected to grind to level 200 and your enemies stop at level 50.... what's the point?

Or anything that requires playing the game much longer than it was intended... like games where you've done everything conceivable within the game, yet still have to spend 5+ hours grinding out enemy fights (like the 10k enemies in Final Fantasy IX or 20k enemies in Dungeon Travelers 2).

Or trophies that have very low RNG chance and there's absolutely no strategy you can use to improve your RNG (like "Your Wife is Interested in Photography, Nudge Nudge!").

Or games where you have to spend x-amount of hours playing the game, and there's no way you'd naturally play the game that many hours (like the 50 Hours trophy in Yomwari: Night Alone). Yes, these are easy to get if you just leave your console on, but it's just silly.

And everything about Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God.

• Like 1

Kingdom Hearts Re:chain of Memories, specifically the PlayStation 3 version. Who wants to complete the game that many times in addition to spending hours and hours getting every single card and leveling Riku to 99 when he doesn't need to be that high!!

Battlefield Hardline: the 40K kills

Fortnite: the 10.000 survivors rescued and the 500000 buildings built

Mirror's Edge: Pure Time trials DLC

Uncharted 3: The overseer trophy and the very RNG treasures

BFBC: the semi-impossible awards and the tedious 10002 kills