Most Boring/Tedious Trophy Lists

LunchCannon54

On 7/28/2018 at 6:04 AM, MIKEY-L-666 said:

Luck based RNG trophies. They are by far the worst and most annoying time wasters for me. 

Oh sir the insult simulator for example. I really don't want to know how many hours I wasted on this crap! I could have got way over 10 plats or more.... 

THIS, say no more is atrocious beyond belief.

• Like 1

To be honest I have only ever had problems with maybe 1 or 2 trophies on any list. I hate games that requires multiple playthroughs, they make you complete one difficulty to unlock another. The few that pop out for me are - 

X-COM Enemy Unknown had a trophy where you had to complete the game using the 5 different start locations and its a long game. The start locations didn't really make any difference because you could complete them on the easiest difficulty anyway but it just has you feeling "why even bother making this a trophy"

Mafia II DLC - You had to drive 1000km I think it was and even after I had finished the story + DLC I only had around 300km driven. I ended up doing maybe an hour driving and then switching to another game so I didnt lose my mind ?

GTA IV - Shooting 200 Pigeons.... like really Rockstar, as if collectables aren't boring and tedious enough, you make it 200 just because everyone loves doing it

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, SirPigFace said:

GTA IV - Shooting 200 Pigeons.... like really Rockstar, as if collectables aren't boring and tedious enough, you make it 200 just because everyone loves doing it

Hated it!! I printed a map and was ready to go at it, thinking it'll be easy... Boy was I wrong. I printed maps before for the feathers in AC 2, for infamous, for Prototype, for agents of mayhem, but this... 

Worst part is that everytime you shoot you'll attract the cops.. not only that but some pigeons are in hard to reach places which require a helicopter or something and you obviously can't spawn them because that'll block trophies form popping. So annoying! 

• Like 1

As an JRPG fanatic, I have indeed chugged my way through too many of these painfully grindy and seemingly pointless trophies to count that sometimes I'd question myself how I'd manage to keep my sanity ?

1. FFXIII- Treasure hunter: Farming Adamantoises for 30 hours for an gil and trapezohedrons with something like a 0.5% drop rate back in 2010. Then I got the Japanese version which had easy mode, hence removing the need for all this nonsense with a 95% drop for formal spoils and made me realise how much time I actually wasted (135 hours playing the EU version on normal mode for the plat, mostly turtle farming, then played the JP version about 2 years ago and farmed on easy mode, platting the game again in 70 hours....)

2. Tales of Xillia 2: Passive skill and support skill trophies, where you had to use each of the 9 characters skill 450 times, so x2 per character means 18 moves, 450 times.... beyond pointless, took forever and was very boring. The battle challenges were also frustrating at times.

3. Tales of Vesperia: 100% title collection: The worst collectible... you basically had to get every item, log every enemy, master every mini game, open almost all the chests, do 100% of subevents, cook like crazy and leave literally no stone unturned or this trophy is down the drain, making you start again since the entire game is practically missable. 

4. Tales of Berseria: Farming Katz spheres and the B trophy for leveling titles up, basically involved using certain artes and killing enemies in not hundereds but the thousands at times.

5. Tales of Symphonia: Title complete- makes you do 4-5 playthrough's for this, and the game doesn't have a skip scene function.

6. FFX- Chocobo trainer trophy: I could never manage a 00:00 time on this. I tried about 50 times before giving up on the platinum.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, gamesfourever said:

Was considering downlo9ading Risen 3 just 3 days ago. Is this trophy really that bad?

Depends if you want to go the most efficient way possible (one playthrough). That way would be to wait on upgrading your skills til you get 160K experience which would guarantee you the ability to upgrade everything to 100 (with saving and reloading). The problem with that is you are extremely weak at the beginning and are reliant on your allies for most fights, but your allies kills don't count towards the 2000.

To put some perspective on it from my experience I was more than halfway through the game before I didn't bring any allies along. That way I know the kills counted. Once I beat the game and got the remaining trophies except the 2000 kills, I used an exploit for never-ending monsters at the final boss and decided to count (because there is no in-game counter) how many monsters I had killed (mind you I already got the 500 kills trophy at this point). I got to 1,400 kills before the trophy popped <_<.

Of course if you do multiple playthroughs you should be fine as it counts across all playthroughs, but if you think about my experience I still wouldn't have had enough through two playthroughs.

Dragon Ball FighterZ has a trophy called Set for Life that requires you to grind for a minimum of 80 hours. I have no idea why they even put such a trophy in there considering the zeni rewards from regular battles are so meager.

Resistance 2, Far Cry 2, Crysis 2, Killzone 2, Bioshock 2, AC Brotherhood/revelations/3

All have online trophies tacked on to otherwise singleplayer focused games. The online trophies arent just play 10 games, they all have something ridiculous like 10000 kills or rank up to max level which is always at minimum a 25-50 hour grind and thats if youre boosting. These trophies wouldn't be so bad if that game was the only game you owned and you bought it at launch, but they arent, they came out at the same time as hundreds of other fantastic games and now the servers are completely dead and closed or require a minimum amount of players to start a match. These games all have about a 70/30 split for singleplayer vs multiplayer so theyre still worth playing but it would have been so much better if they just left out the multiplayer trophies. Every game was trying to be the new call of duty back then, most of them didnt even include a multiplayer function in their sequel.

Also, any game that tacks on a single multiplayer trophy for ps4 games. I'm not buying PS+ just for your game.

Evolve is also grindy and awful

I've always thought the last of us had a really disappointing trophy list, the majority of it are collectibles, Beat the game on every mode and then more grindy multiplayer trophies. it could use some more combat trophies like the uncharted series or trophies to promote a certain style of gameplay some people may not think about.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2018 at 9:55 AM, dj_helyx said:

There's too many to name them all, but my most recent annoying games have been Friday the 13th & Plants vs Zomies Garden Warfare 2.

Zombies Garden Warfare 2? I played with 3 friends and we had so much fun!

sometimes its better to forget the grind, ignore trophies and just play 4 fun...suddenly you are getting a lot of trophies!

Edited by ivangutjahr
  • Like 1

Far Cry 2's multiplayer was extremely tedious. So much so that I still haven't gone back to finish off the single player trophies yet. There's a fair amount of tedious stuff to be done there as well.

I haven't played Fortnite or Friday The 13th but those two trophy lists are extremely intimidating. Lost Planet 2's trophy list looks mind numbingly boring.

4 hours ago, SirPigFace said:

Mafia II DLC - You had to drive 1000km I think it was and even after I had finished the story + DLC I only had around 300km driven. I ended up doing maybe an hour driving and then switching to another game so I didnt lose my mind 1f604.png

That was the Explorer trophy. It's absolutely ridiculous. I was on 147 miles driven after getting all the other DLC trophies and I ended up rubber banding my controller and leaving the PS3 on overnight for two consecutive nights while I slept :giggle:

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ivangutjahr said:

Zombies Garden Warfare 2? I played with 3 friends and we had so much fun!

sometimes its better to forget the grind, ignore trophies and just play 4 fun...suddenly you are getting a lot of trophies!

You're not "getting a lot of trophies" when you have to wait two months (or more) for a specific event to finally appear.

Digimon All-Star Rumble

You have to play through the story with every character.  You have to play every character 20 times in battle mode.  You have to play each stage 10 times.  You have to play each mode 10 times.  Then there's the RNG fest that is collecting all the cards.  On top of that, there's the play for 50 hours trophy.  

That's just padding for any game.  The play for Xty hours trophy is just dumb in every game.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, dj_helyx said:

You're not "getting a lot of trophies" when you have to wait two months (or more) for a specific event to finally appear.

Im not waiting, im playing other games meanwhile. SO when you entered the college for example you suffer until you finishes it? Enjoy the ride buddy. sometimes you pause some plans to do others. 

Im just saying some trophies that might sucked for you, don't have the same effect on me, and vice-versa. Every person has a different attitude towards life and experiences in general.

12 hours ago, ivangutjahr said:

Im not waiting, im playing other games meanwhile. SO when you entered the college for example you suffer until you finishes it? Enjoy the ride buddy. sometimes you pause some plans to do others. 

Im just saying some trophies that might sucked for you, don't have the same effect on me, and vice-versa. Every person has a different attitude towards life and experiences in general.

Again, you've missed the entire point of my post. The developer puts the pause on this game's content as it rotates, meaning the players have zero control over whether an event will happen, or when.

22 hours ago, jrdemr said:

Dragon Ball FighterZ has a trophy called Set for Life that requires you to grind for a minimum of 80 hours. I have no idea why they even put such a trophy in there considering the zeni rewards from regular battles are so meager.

Isn't that a joke about how android 18 wanted that amount of cash (iirc) to be "set for life" in the actual anime/manga?

On 7/28/2018 at 7:21 AM, Evil_Joker88 said:

1) Lost Planet 2. The entire list. Campaign is i.e. 21 chapters but you must complete 300 chapters for a trophy. Get all Nom de Guerres and Good Job Awards too. Dozens of hours grinding to use all weapons in either sp or mp

Aren't these technically not achievable now?

2 hours ago, mecharobot said:

Isn't that a joke about how android 18 wanted that amount of cash (iirc) to be "set for life" in the actual anime/manga?

True, it's a reference to an event in the manga. But given that you only need around 4 million zeni to acquire all items in the game, all they had to do was multiply both the amount of Zeni you earn and the price of items by 5 and you wouldn't have to grind so mindlessly for a trophy.

On 7/30/2018 at 2:51 AM, Lava_Yuki said:

6. FFX- Chocobo trainer trophy: I could never manage a 00:00 time on this. I tried about 50 times before giving up on the platinum.

It's stories like this that still leave me incredulous as to how I did it within about 15 minutes of trying. The thing is I can't even offer any advice whatsoever; most attempts before that successful run weren't even close and I didn't event think I was successful even when I finished and before the score popped up. I actually found the Remiem Temple race far more frustrating. Took slightly longer on that because of the wonky controls and camera. Seeing that bird jump up and down celebrating on that fourth chest and seeing that monkey ride past the final intersection to the end never ceased to piss me off. Not looking forward to the lightning dodging. The person who designed IX and X's trophy lists is a sadistic fucker, to be sure. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LunchCannon54 said:

It's stories like this that still leave me incredulous as to how I did it within about 15 minutes of trying. The thing is I can't even offer any advice whatsoever; most attempts before that successful run weren't even close and I didn't event think I was successful even when I finished and before the score popped up. I actually found the Remiem Temple race far more frustrating. Took slightly longer on that because of the wonky controls and camera. Seeing that bird jump up and down celebrating on that fourth chest and seeing that monkey ride past the final intersection to the end never ceased to piss me off. Not looking forward to the lightning dodging. The person who designed IX and X's trophy lists is a sadistic fucker, to be sure. 

I think theres a mixture of skill, precision and some pixie dust luck with this. I remember my brother getting it way back on the PS2 version, he was at it for days and must have redid it hundreds of times. But with the remake both of us didn't get it; He didn't even try, probably remembering the pain of it back as a kid, and I just gave up out of frustration. However, I love FF and my goal is to collect all the FF Plats (same with Tales), so I've always had FFX at the back of my mind to hopefully one day give it another shot. But with all these new releases coming out these days it's hard to go back, especially since it's a fairly long plat overall. 

8 minutes ago, Lava_Yuki said:

I think theres a mixture of skill, precision and some pixie dust luck with this. I remember my brother getting it way back on the PS2 version, he was at it for days and must have redid it hundreds of times. But with the remake both of us didn't get it; He didn't even try, probably remembering the pain of it back as a kid, and I just gave up out of frustration. However, I love FF and my goal is to collect all the FF Plats (same with Tales), so I've always had FFX at the back of my mind to hopefully one day give it another shot. But with all these new releases coming out these days it's hard to go back, especially since it's a fairly long plat overall. 

Not to mention the input lag involved. I may just have to break out the old AV cables for the lightning dodging. Fairly sure I got them with my old PS3. 

22 minutes ago, Lava_Yuki said:

There is a lot of luck involved because the hit boxes of the birds are quite large. Only piece of advice I have: you'll have to be first to ride round the first corner. I never came close to the 00:00 if the chocobo trainer was ahead of me. Then mostly on the right side until you come close to the finish line, where I found it easier to keep more to the left.

Also, steering with the d-pad.

Edited by Rally-Vincent---
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, LunchCannon54 said:

It's stories like this that still leave me incredulous as to how I did it within about 15 minutes of trying.

I pulled it off in 10 minutes just yesterday with 18 balloons and 2 hits. I've never played FFX before this. I'm not sure if I just got lucky or what but I also find it crazy how long some people spend on it.