Most Boring/Tedious Trophy Lists

LunchCannon54

8 hours ago, dj_helyx said:

Again, you've missed the entire point of my post. The developer puts the pause on this game's content as it rotates, meaning the players have zero control over whether an event will happen, or when.

so the zombie garden warfare its the only game in your library? hahaha

tbh this conversation is going nowhere and getting more boring than the trophies cited in this tropic hahahaha

bye =)

Explorer trophy in Mafia II. 

Unfortunately even with the glitch, the game still pauses every 10 - 30 minutes, so I ended up spending the last 3 - 4 hours driving back and forth listening to old classics that your grandparents and great grandparents probably listened to when they were young. 

Shitty trophy, all for a bronze that I spend upwards of 20 hours getting. 

=====

Getting 1 million bolts in the original Ratchet and Clank was also bad. This was before Insomniac had the bright idea to add a Challenge Mode which has a Bolt Multiplier. So I basically used the glitch to get this trophy.

=====

Both Mafia II and Ratchet and Clank I had to duck tape the controller to take advantage of the glitches. And I’m doing this again for the Ironmadman trophy in Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal Assault as I have to Hoverboot 112 miles, Run 26 miles and Hoverboot Glide for 2.4 miles. 

Absolutely ridiculous.

The two standout games for me have already been mentioned.

Friday the 13th - Yes it's a grind to get 1000 Jason matches and 1313 kills, there are many games with long grinds but the reason this is SO bad is that when you're boosting matches you will spend over 80% of that time between the lobby, loading screens and un-skippable cut scenes. This for me was what set it apart as a really monotonous grind.

Uncharted 3 - DLC - An average player, with boosting is looking at 200+ hours at this. In multiplayer a lot of time is spent actually trying to find the team you want to boost with, time spent in text chat co-ordinating, the ring of death requiring a reset, players dropping out and being replaced with randoms, now lets also add the random treasures and online co-op you have to be good at to earn trophies such as Overseer. Never have I been so glad to see the back of a game. On the plus side I met a lot of good people I'm still friends with - united through online pain.

I'm pretty sure that F.E.A.R. 2 would also be on this list having to dance back and forth at a control point for over 100 hours but I'll never know, I only experienced half an hour at it before the servers closed.

Warhammer: Space Marine - 40,000 kills ?

Mortal Kombat 9 - "Mastering" each fighter ( 30 something fighters, 24 hours per character)

And any game that doesn't stack difficulties,  making you play through the game on easy, medium and hard  for those respective trophies( ex.- Shadows of the Damned, Lollipop Chainsaw, etc.). If I play through on hard I deserve to be recognized for the easy and normal playthrough!?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bullstomp said:

And any game that doesn't stack difficulties,  making you play through the game on easy, medium and hard  for those respective trophies( ex.- Shadows of the Damned, Lollipop Chainsaw, etc.). If I play through on hard I deserve to be recognized for the easy and normal playthrough!1f61d.png

That's Prince of Persia: Warrior Within in a nutshell.

Plays like shit, looks like shit, I don't think Ubisoft even bothered to increase the framerate to 60 FPS. Enemies are extremely cheap, just a mess.

And they expect me to do three playthroughs of that crap?

Edited by Spaz

Still working on F1 2010 and they really went all out on this first F1 games with trophy support. Both the single player and multiplayer are a grind. You need to do 7 seasons in the single player carreer mode, as well as grind to level 50 online. Doing all that legit would probably take 200 hours, luckily there are some shotcuts and a pretty decent online grinding method. But still, glad they fixed it for the later iterations.

Trophy lists, which support replaying games without actual gameplay are a pain in the ass. Narrative games, in my example Beyond Two Souls, should be platted after 1 Playthrough. 

While the game supports different endings, there is no need for an all-ending trophy, which requires multiple playthroughs without any or minor changes in story or "gameplay". Also no skipable cutscenes really frustrates me.

Edited by Mori
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 8/7/2018 at 5:36 AM, Mori said:

Trophy lists, which support replaying games without actual gameplay are a pain in the ass. Narrative games, in my example Beyond Two Souls, should be platted after 1 Playthrough. 

While the game supports different endings, there is no need for an all-ending trophy, which requires multiple playthroughs without any or minor changes in story or "gameplay". Also no skipable cutscenes really frustrates me.

That's the same with Heavy Rain, since both that and Beyond Two Souls were developed by Quantic Dream. Their latest game Detroit: Become Human has the same kind of trophy list, see the different endings, see different outcomes on how the characters will end up being, watch a bunch of cutscenes you can't just rush through.

It's if David Cage himself just decided to copy and paste the same kind of ideals from his previous two games.

I don't like the fact that you need two controllers to platinum Beyond: Two Souls thanks to a Duo playthrough. Heard it's the worst of the Quantic Dream games, not sure if I'm going to get around and play it.

34 minutes ago, Spaz said:

That's the same with Heavy Rain, since both that and Beyond Two Souls were developed by Quantic Dream. Their latest game Detroit: Become Human has the same kind of trophy list, see the different endings, see different outcomes on how the characters will end up being, watch a bunch of cutscenes you can't just rush through.

It's if David Cage himself just decided to copy and paste the same kind of ideals from his previous two games.

I don't like the fact that you need two controllers to platinum Beyond: Two Souls thanks to a Duo playthrough. Heard it's the worst of the Quantic Dream games, not sure if I'm going to get around and play it.

It was ok the first time. Luckily I had someone to play with COOP.

I wouldnt recommend the game though. I've only got it because it was free. 

On 7/30/2018 at 0:51 AM, Lava_Yuki said:

As an JRPG fanatic, I have indeed chugged my way through too many of these painfully grindy and seemingly pointless trophies to count that sometimes I'd question myself how I'd manage to keep my sanity ?

1. FFXIII- Treasure hunter: Farming Adamantoises for 30 hours for an gil and trapezohedrons with something like a 0.5% drop rate back in 2010. Then I got the Japanese version which had easy mode, hence removing the need for all this nonsense with a 95% drop for formal spoils and made me realise how much time I actually wasted (135 hours playing the EU version on normal mode for the plat, mostly turtle farming, then played the JP version about 2 years ago and farmed on easy mode, platting the game again in 70 hours....)

6. FFX- Chocobo trainer trophy: I could never manage a 00:00 time on this. I tried about 50 times before giving up on the platinum.

Aw these actually my favorites

dlbskPx.png

including lightning dancer trophy",

FFXIII is my 1st platinum in PS3",

while 

FFX is my 1st platinum in vita",

----

Example boring for me is beating penance, I think beat him in a single strike using zanmato!

Also in GTA San Andreas, it is mandatory to watch the whole credits to get a trophy.

Less effort or no effort is boring for me".

Edited by ReverzerO

On 9/8/2018 at 4:48 AM, ReverzerO said:

Also in GTA San Andreas, it is mandatory to watch the whole credits to get a trophy.

Anything to watch a bunch of people listed whom 99 percent of them are virtually unknowns.

Only people I know from the credits are the cast. Samuel L Jackson playing the corrupt black cop, and the guys who played Carl Johnson, Ryder and Smoke.

• Like 1

I can't stand and generally refuse to do the more grindy/RNG stuff. The Bloodborne/Souls system is good. Kill all bosses, unlock all endings, get all weapons.. cool. That shows you played the game in and out and overcame everything the game threw at you. I also like the more challenge based ones like killing a boss a special way, or getting 10 combos in 10 seconds or whatever. Casting a spell 10,000 spells means nothing.

Also hate the "You killed your first enemy!" stuff. That's NOT an achievement goddammit!! ?

Edited by EE815

I see so many people complaining about multiple games but i have a game wich is an xbox game and a bundle xd...

The master chief collection ;

Beat every halo game on legendary difficulty with skulls ON!!!! (h1 h2 h3 h4 and odst)

Beat every halo on legendary difficulty IN 3 hours!!! (H1 h2 h3 h4 and odst) 

And the countless multiplayer based cheevo's...

I'd bet everyone would start bitching that this shit isn't possible to beat or has too many cheevos

Edit; i do know that you pretty much skip the entirety of the laso difficulty, but good luck finding someone that's willing to share it...

Edited by ZireaelReviews
Zaa

7 hours ago, EE815 said:

Also hate the "You killed your first enemy!" stuff. That's NOT an achievement goddammit!!

Those are for keeping track of the game, rather than earning stuff mid to late game, which looks bad if you have OCD about start/end dates. I don't mind, but I do mind a 0% trophy list for weeks.

One trophy list I'm not currently liking is DW8XL, because it does not give base game trophies, but rather XL trophies. It's kind of like having a DLC list, except it's a main list and also has a plat.

• 2 weeks later...

For me... that gotta be LittleBigPlanet Vita for SEVERAL types of annoying trophies:

* Having 50 unique players play a level you made (though you CAN link levels to each other, so when you finish one level you go to the next one - I made several "new" levels just to lead to the first one for this. No wonder online levels are full of levels with the goal at the very start where the only point is boosting playcount for trophies)

* Collecting 100% collectibles... with several of these only being unlockable in multiplayer, since some areas can only be accessed with 2 or more players. Even with a game like this encouraging multiplayer and community, 2-player only collectibles really aren't the way to go

* 24 active hours in Create mode, meaning you can't just leave your console on for hours. Unless you really love making levels, you probably won't get this naturally, so most players just keep either tapping buttons or find a few to touch the screen to keep it from going into sleep mode (I just kept it facedown in my lap for hours)

So yeah... no wonder the plat is only at 2.04% Only ones I actually struggled with purely difficulty-wise were the "beat 10 different levels in a row without dying" (and this can be cheated by turning off the game right after dying before it autosaves to keep your streak) and some of the arcade games.

Otherwise... Neptunia's "Millionaire" trophies are usually a huge pain, so much grind...

Edited by Zanreo

The DLC trophies for Need for Speed Most Wanted. Currently grinding these trophies at the moment. I’m driving an endless 13 mile loop around the city and it really is tedious.

As if driving 200 miles with 15 different cars (200 miles per car) wasn’t enough, there is a lot of extra requirements in order to obtain certain licence plates. 

For example, one licence plate requires me to jump over 6 other cars with a specific car. So i now have to try and organize a session for 7 people just for this plate :( Any game that has a trophy where you need ‘x’ number of people online to achieve it really sucks. (Like the Wildcat’s trophy in Burnout Paradise)

This game would’ve remained at 82% forever if it wasn’t for the DLC going on sale for like €5. The DLC is crazy expensive without a sale. I can now see why this game has such a rare 100% completion rate (0.51%).

• 4 years later...

The Fortnite trophy list is the worst you have to buy a pack that includes the mode where you can earn the trophies, and the mode is so boring you literally have to sit and defend something for like 20 minutes. And the game has quite a lot of long grind trophies, which is insane as it takes forever to complete one mission, and it's pretty much impossible to boost as there is no way someone is going to play with you for hundreds of hours. The only trophy that is boostable is the "Talented Builder" trophy, that's it. You can't really share progress with the other long grind trophies.

Edited by Kimura Takahashi