Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The_Kopite

Does the DLC affect requirements for Plat?

11 posts in this topic

Just curious, never played a Lego game with the DLC before and just grabbed the Deluxe Edition of this game for a tidy price to play with the wife.

Thanks for any help.

Nah man, not at all. Just adds more trophies. Easy ones at that.

The dlc in marvel games usually help honestly.  Thanos for example will help unlock a lot of early stuff in free roam that you would need to wait for. Like cosmic bricks you can destroy and such.

The trophy guide over on pstrophies.org has a note that some people have reported if the dlc is installed it counts towards the in game 100% for the base game. Can't say it would make much difference if you are going for the 100% trophy wise though

It does affect 100% of game n i know first hand it affected trophy for getting studs in each level so yes it affects plat..be warned there is a mini kit glitch on one of last levels that can make plat unobtainable 

Huh? This is news to me. I've never had this issue with other Lego games. Dang. I mean yeah I could see it affecting the 100% but didnt know it screwed with the plat. Meh. It's just a free more easy stages anyways.

1 hour ago, Cleggworth said:

The trophy guide over on pstrophies.org has a note that some people have reported if the dlc is installed it counts towards the in game 100% for the base game. Can't say it would make much difference if you are going for the 100% trophy wise though

54 minutes ago, archangel9978 said:

It does affect 100% of game n i know first hand it affected trophy for getting studs in each level so yes it affects plat..be warned there is a mini kit glitch on one of last levels that can make plat unobtainable 

4 minutes ago, RoxasOnFire said:

Huh? This is news to me. I've never had this issue with other Lego games. Dang. I mean yeah I could see it affecting the 100% but didnt know it screwed with the plat. Meh. It's just a free more easy stages anyways.

Ok good to know, thanks everyone! Gonna install everything at once when I get it and then will be going for 100% of everything with the wifey so looking forward to it anyways! Just hoping for no glitches! 

This is really the weirdest Lego game ever.

I do have all DLC installed and I'm currently standing next to the 100% fountain but I miss 3 trophies for the plat.

Don't Stop, Believer!
Obtain 'True Believer' in every level

Another Gold Brick in the Wall
Collect all Gold Bricks

The Inhabitants of Chronopolis
Purchase all characters

So yes you really need to play the DLC for the plat of just don't install them 

Edit only had to finish the Black Panther DLC, already had the Guardians of the Galaxy finished.

Edited by LionSharky

I really hope this isn't true. 

It's impossible to play unpatched as every 2 minutes the automatic update keeps popping up. 

I'll 100% and if it don't pop I'll have to buy the season pass I guess. 

11 minutes ago, Kwotey said:

I really hope this isn't true. 

It's impossible to play unpatched as every 2 minutes the automatic update keeps popping up. 

I'll 100% and if it don't pop I'll have to buy the season pass I guess. 

What I noticed when I played on Switch with the Season Pass (obviously no trophies on that version), is I had 100% completion before the Ant Man and the Wasp DLC (the final one) released. Once that DLC did release, my completion still showed at 100% even though I now had more gold bricks and another True Believer to earn. Combining this with LionSharky's comment, my understanding is that the completion trophies that are affected by DLC (that is, the 3 trophies mentioned by LionSharky) take into account whatever DLC you have currently installed and/or purchased. This is somewhat logical, because each story DLC adds a level that is eligible for True Believer status, and that level has additional gold bricks. Also, each story DLC adds more characters.

Not owning any story DLC should not affect the trophy logic based on this. If you don't have a specific story DLC purchased or installed, that story DLC's extra gold bricks, True Believer, and characters should not impact the trophy calculations.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the game. It's my favorite LEGO game so far, along with Marvel Super Heroes 1.

6 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

What I noticed when I played on Switch with the Season Pass (obviously no trophies on that version), is I had 100% completion before the Ant Man and the Wasp DLC (the final one) released. Once that DLC did release, my completion still showed at 100% even though I now had more gold bricks and another True Believer to earn. Combining this with LionSharky's comment, my understanding is that the completion trophies that are affected by DLC (that is, the 3 trophies mentioned by LionSharky) take into account whatever DLC you have currently installed and/or purchased. This is somewhat logical, because each story DLC adds a level that is eligible for True Believer status, and that level has additional gold bricks. Also, each story DLC adds more characters.

Not owning any story DLC should not affect the trophy logic based on this. If you don't have a specific story DLC purchased or installed, that story DLC's extra gold bricks, True Believer, and characters should not impact the trophy calculations.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the game. It's my favorite LEGO game so far, along with Marvel Super Heroes 1.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully this is the case.. I have no dlc so should hopefully be OK =) 

Can confirm this now. As long as you have no dlc installed the plat pops fine =)