Does the DLC affect requirements for Plat?

Nah man, not at all. Just adds more trophies. Easy ones at that.

The dlc in marvel games usually help honestly.  Thanos for example will help unlock a lot of early stuff in free roam that you would need to wait for. Like cosmic bricks you can destroy and such.

• Like 1

The trophy guide over on pstrophies.org has a note that some people have reported if the dlc is installed it counts towards the in game 100% for the base game. Can't say it would make much difference if you are going for the 100% trophy wise though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cleggworth said:

The trophy guide over on pstrophies.org has a note that some people have reported if the dlc is installed it counts towards the in game 100% for the base game. Can't say it would make much difference if you are going for the 100% trophy wise though

54 minutes ago, archangel9978 said:

It does affect 100% of game n i know first hand it affected trophy for getting studs in each level so yes it affects plat..be warned there is a mini kit glitch on one of last levels that can make plat unobtainable 

4 minutes ago, RoxasOnFire said:

Huh? This is news to me. I've never had this issue with other Lego games. Dang. I mean yeah I could see it affecting the 100% but didnt know it screwed with the plat. Meh. It's just a free more easy stages anyways.

Ok good to know, thanks everyone! Gonna install everything at once when I get it and then will be going for 100% of everything with the wifey so looking forward to it anyways! Just hoping for no glitches! 

This is really the weirdest Lego game ever.

I do have all DLC installed and I'm currently standing next to the 100% fountain but I miss 3 trophies for the plat.

Don't Stop, Believer!
Obtain 'True Believer' in every level

Another Gold Brick in the Wall
Collect all Gold Bricks

The Inhabitants of Chronopolis
Purchase all characters

So yes you really need to play the DLC for the plat of just don't install them 

Edit only had to finish the Black Panther DLC, already had the Guardians of the Galaxy finished.

Edited by LionSharky
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kwotey said:

I really hope this isn't true. 

It's impossible to play unpatched as every 2 minutes the automatic update keeps popping up. 

I'll 100% and if it don't pop I'll have to buy the season pass I guess. 

What I noticed when I played on Switch with the Season Pass (obviously no trophies on that version), is I had 100% completion before the Ant Man and the Wasp DLC (the final one) released. Once that DLC did release, my completion still showed at 100% even though I now had more gold bricks and another True Believer to earn. Combining this with LionSharky's comment, my understanding is that the completion trophies that are affected by DLC (that is, the 3 trophies mentioned by LionSharky) take into account whatever DLC you have currently installed and/or purchased. This is somewhat logical, because each story DLC adds a level that is eligible for True Believer status, and that level has additional gold bricks. Also, each story DLC adds more characters.

Not owning any story DLC should not affect the trophy logic based on this. If you don't have a specific story DLC purchased or installed, that story DLC's extra gold bricks, True Believer, and characters should not impact the trophy calculations.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the game. It's my favorite LEGO game so far, along with Marvel Super Heroes 1.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

What I noticed when I played on Switch with the Season Pass (obviously no trophies on that version), is I had 100% completion before the Ant Man and the Wasp DLC (the final one) released. Once that DLC did release, my completion still showed at 100% even though I now had more gold bricks and another True Believer to earn. Combining this with LionSharky's comment, my understanding is that the completion trophies that are affected by DLC (that is, the 3 trophies mentioned by LionSharky) take into account whatever DLC you have currently installed and/or purchased. This is somewhat logical, because each story DLC adds a level that is eligible for True Believer status, and that level has additional gold bricks. Also, each story DLC adds more characters.

Not owning any story DLC should not affect the trophy logic based on this. If you don't have a specific story DLC purchased or installed, that story DLC's extra gold bricks, True Believer, and characters should not impact the trophy calculations.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the game. It's my favorite LEGO game so far, along with Marvel Super Heroes 1.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully this is the case.. I have no dlc so should hopefully be OK =) 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I confirm!

I could get the trophy for all Stan Lee(s) in peril, but not the one for all True believer(s).

I searched online (not only on this site) and I read that DLCs actually prevent you from getting the platinum as you have to complete them together with the base game.

Edited by raymalus

• 4 weeks later...
On 14/06/2020 at 5:58 PM, raymalus said:

I confirm!

I could get the trophy for all Stan Lee(s) in peril, but not the one for all True believer(s).

I searched online (not only on this site) and I read that DLCs actually prevent you from getting the platinum as you have to complete them together with the base game.

So it doesn’t prevent the platinum at all. Just changes the requirements 

On 8/7/2020 at 9:58 PM, mikem192 said:

So it doesn’t prevent the platinum at all. Just changes the requirements 

Which should not be, as the the base game trophy list and DLCs ones are separate things.

It is known that Lego games have issues: in fact, due to some bug with races I couldn't get the platinum and it does piss me off!

Wouldn't the DLC make it somewhat easier? The DLC includes free characters that have powers you need in free play, so wouldn't it actually be faster to install the DLC? And if you are going for the 100% trophy list I don't see how installing it would hurt.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BestUsername---- said:

Wouldn't the DLC make it somewhat easier? The DLC includes free characters that have powers you need in free play, so wouldn't it actually be faster to install the DLC? And if you are going for the 100% trophy list I don't see how installing it would hurt.

Exactly! You’ll need 100% anyway so you’ll be completing all the DLC 100% too so it wouldn’t make a difference except the platinum will pop later 

it doesnt make it faster imo. its easier to do the story missions first once. by then you unlock most characters you need. your going to use the same characters through the entire game almost, iron man, panther, captain america, thor, ms marvel. doctor strange groot. the rest of the 200 characters youll never use just like the rest of the lego games.

dont use the cheat codes to unlock anyone. i thought getting a head start with extra characters would help me finish free roam missions but the way the system works on this game is somewhat pointless. you struggle to get money to get the multiplier bricks. and then once you get them you end up with over 20 billion $ when the game is only 50% complete. my race mission trophy didnt pop so now i have to go find all the races i missed. prob one of my least fav lego games so far

i rec this
do all story missions once
do all pink brick missions 
buy x2 x4 etc multipliers first, if you have enough to buy them while doing story then do a pink brick, buy, then back to story
free roam missions until you have enough studs to buy detectors
go back and find all colelctables in story missions now that you have detectors
finish free roam
put the capsules of cyanide away, you made it through this horrrendous nightmare

Edited by melodicmizery

12 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

it doesnt make it faster imo. its easier to do the story missions first once. by then you unlock most characters you need. your going to use the same characters through the entire game almost, iron man, panther, captain america, thor, ms marvel. doctor strange groot. the rest of the 200 characters youll never use just like the rest of the lego games.

dont use the cheat codes to unlock anyone. i thought getting a head start with extra characters would help me finish free roam missions but the way the system works on this game is somewhat pointless. you struggle to get money to get the multiplier bricks. and then once you get them you end up with over 20 billion $ when the game is only 50% complete. my race mission trophy didnt pop so now i have to go find all the races i missed. prob one of my least fav lego games so far

i rec this
do all story missions once
do all pink brick missions 
buy x2 x4 etc multipliers first, if you have enough to buy them while doing story then do a pink brick, buy, then back to story
free roam missions until you have enough studs to buy detectors
go back and find all colelctables in story missions now that you have detectors
finish free roam
put the capsules of cyanide away, you made it through this horrrendous nightmare

Might be because we have different ways of obtaining the plat. For LEGO Super Heroes 1 and Avengers as soon as I was able to go into free roam in the hubs I did everything, and with the DLC’s installed it was faster since I didn’t run into the issue of not having a specific power for a puzzle. By then I had the x2 brick (all you need really for True Believer status) and completed story missions and it’s free play version before moving onto the next level. (Using a guide until I get detectors)

23 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

Might be because we have different ways of obtaining the plat. For LEGO Super Heroes 1 and Avengers as soon as I was able to go into free roam in the hubs I did everything, and with the DLC’s installed it was faster since I didn’t run into the issue of not having a specific power for a puzzle. By then I had the x2 brick (all you need really for True Believer status) and completed story missions and it’s free play version before moving onto the next level. (Using a guide until I get detectors)

From my experience DLCs do make the Lego Games easier as well. This usually because you can have a character from dlc that will have multiple abilities needed to access areas that you would of otherwise had to use three four or four different characters for. It basically makes it faster by not opening the menu as much to switch characters.

There's also some stuff that can be cheesed with dlc characters (particularly ones that have flight as well as other powers).

On 7/16/2020 at 1:41 AM, BestUsername---- said:

true. i found this one a bit different because you dont need a gold brick detector. this game doesnt much evolve around gold bricks as heavily as the other ones did and they are already on the map of where they are. the other one i switched back and forth between free roam and story because of boredom