Man. These X game is actually harder than I remember

OK, I make some progress today and clean up X1 and X2 with some trouble but manageable in the end.

Those game were tough. But I just fire up X3 and shocking. I feel like i am REALLY bad at these game. I really struggle to beat first few boss and those damn two guy chase after me while i am not ready. also the game is full of stuff to collect and require more backtrack than other 2 games. This one may not be the worst but I felt like I am getting old and my reflect isn't what it should be because X3 shouldn't be that hard for me back in the day. X4 should be much more make sense as the game is much easier. (from what i remember by the way) The plat should be doable for first half for me. But it is more challenge than i thought it was when i saw trophy list and says the list is cake but this is absolutely not giveaway platinum.

or all of this BS cause by input lag that i am not aware of ?

I can't imagine how bad the second half of collection could be. All of them are annoying game (X5-X8) with some annoyed trophy.

Edited by FielVeredus

The only thing am afraid of is playing X7 & X8 its looks extremely awful and bad

as for the first halve X3 was the hardest until you got some sub tanks and the body armor things will be easier

except sigma battle its the hardest one if you don't have Zero Z-Saber

I finished X1 legitimately but I'm assuming using a password that puts you at Sigma's stage with all upgrades and then beating the game on Normal will net the relevant trophies for X1-3 to save some headaches. I'm planning on getting all the miscellaneous trophies on Rookie Hunter in X2 and X3 then passwording to Sigma's stage. I'm hoping the Ultimate Armor will help a lot in X4 on Normal as I've already gotten the "True Hero" trophy on Rookie Hunter.

Edited by Killbomb

X3 is the hardest of collection 1, but even then it's really easy. It's all about the boss order you go with, to limit the amount of revisits. For X3 you always want to start with tunnel rhino first, then move on to blizzard buffalo, and their AI can easily be abused

The only thing legitimately difficult in collection 1 is getting the buster upgrade in X2 with the strike chain early on, it's a near pixel perfect ledge grab

Edited by SnowxSakura

1 hour ago, SnowxSakura said:

X3 is the hardest of collection 1, but even then it's really easy. It's all about the boss order you go with, to limit the amount of revisits. For X3 you always want to start with tunnel rhino first, then move on to blizzard buffalo, and their AI can easily be abused

The only thing legitimately difficult in collection 1 is getting the buster upgrade in X2 with the strike chain early on, it's a near pixel perfect ledge grab

You can just use the air dash though

as we get older, our reflexes is not the same as when we were what, teenager? 

You can't expect to play fast paced games in the same way...same works for FPS, I don't see any 35+ old guy playing in tournaments

Imo the input lag you can get used to that, all megaman are tough games...and X3 is really hard, tough

18 minutes ago, ivangutjahr said:

as we get older, our reflexes is not the same as when we were what, teenager? 

You can't expect to play fast paced games in the same way...same works for FPS, I don't see any 35+ old guy playing in tournaments

Imo the input lag you can get used to that, all megaman are tough games...and X3 is really hard, tough

I think a lot of has to do with if you grew up with them or not, I find the X1-4 games very easy, even X3, once you have a weakness route down, it's all smooth sailing. Now if you're doing no upgrade buster only runs, then it becomes challenging

• Like 1

i also remember them being easier i struggle right now also on those games, but i think the issue is just that on an emulator or playing them on a pc u can play it more smoothly. what i mean by that is that holding the shoot button (square) and then jumping (x) and dashing arround (circle) is pretty diffcult to do at the same on a controller. i was thinking for a while to just bind the shoot button on r2, but havent done it so far and i already beat x1-x3.

1 hour ago, Eylside said:

i also remember them being easier i struggle right now also on those games, but i think the issue is just that on an emulator or playing them on a pc u can play it more smoothly. what i mean by that is that holding the shoot button (square) and then jumping (x) and dashing arround (circle) is pretty diffcult to do at the same on a controller. i was thinking for a while to just bind the shoot button on r2, but havent done it so far and i already beat x1-x3.

You can change the mapping of the buttons, I use R1 for dash, square for shoot and x for jump, it's a lot more fluid

5 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

You can change the mapping of the buttons, I use R1 for dash, square for shoot and x for jump, it's a lot more fluid

that control scheme is much better for sure! I will try to remember when I buy the game!

I only played x1 and x2 before when it got release, so long ago that I dont remember when hahaha

8 minutes ago, FielVeredus said:

Where can i change it in the game?

Pretty sure you can just press on Options at the start screen and change it there. Or when you press pause in the game it'll be there somewhere. (pause layout changes through the series so idk where they all are lol.)

What some of you guys fail to understand is the Super Nintendo era had a LOT of platformers, shoot em ups, fighters and beat em ups that were simply difficult by providing arcade like gameplay. Most games were short but they were difficult to where you literally had to play again and again to master the controls and how best to beat the enemies.

Most kids and young guys this generation probably can't beat Mega Man 1 or Mega Man 2 on the NES. Even then the Legacy Collections all have a very nice save state feature where you continue where you left off.

I haven't played the X Collection yet but if it's anything like the previous two collections then this will be no different.

Also if you haven't touched these games in over a decade or two, your memory is probably pretty murky anyway.

I've not noticed any lag associated with the games. It could perhaps be my imagination, but do the bosses take less damage in the collection? I don't seem to recall having to burn as much special weapon energy to defeat them.

I did have some trouble some areas in X2, maybe from using the default controller settings. It seems that the PS4 controller is a bit harder to make use of to charge a weapon (hold :square:), jump (:cross:) and dash (:circle: or forward forward) at the same time than the SNES controller was.

Or perhaps it all comes down to my 40 something arthritic hands just don't work as well as they did when I was a teenager and started playing these games for the first time. :hmm:

Edited by Caldor2K2

5 minutes ago, Caldor2K2 said:

I've not noticed any lag associated with the games. It could perhaps be my imagination, but do the bosses take less damage in the collection? I don't seem to recall having to burn as much special weapon energy to defeat them.

I did have some trouble some areas in X2, maybe from using the default controller settings. It seems that the PS4 controller is a bit harder to make use of to charge a weapon (hold :square:), jump (:cross:) and dash (:circle: or forward forward) at the same time than the SNES controller was.

Or perhaps it all comes down to my 40 something arthritic hands just don't work as well as they did when I was a teenager and started playing these games for the first time. :hmm:

I've noticed in X5, especially on the hoverbike stages, that this version eats a ton of your inputs