New to No Man's Sky

DysectorZA

I recently got No Man's Sky as I was always curious about this game. With the latest NEXT patch, I thought it was time to jump into 

I played a little bit of it without any patches. Just the game off the disc. Played for about 2 to 3 hours and Managed to get my ship off the planet and move to a different planet. My next task was to get the hyper drive working and jump to a different system. The whole experience was interesting, but felt a little flat.

I updated the game with the NEXT patch and then started a brand new game. Played about 2 hours. The game feels totally different now, in a good way. The graphics have been vastly improved. The game seems to have a bit more direction. I was a little confused for my new playthrough because so much had changed, especially with the naming of elements. Looking forward to sinking my teeth into it.

My question is about the base trophies and the current trophy guide. Is the current trophy guide still applicable? Or has NEXT changed any fundamentals in acquiring the trophies? I know if you have v1.0 that the trophies are easier to get and the road to Platinum is not as long.

I think I read that someone is working on updating the current trophy guide to reflect the NEXT patch. Looking forward to that.

Wish the team had added a bunch of new DLC trophies like they did with Pathfinder though. This seems like a huge update, which deserves a new set of trophies.

NEXT has changed so much that the written Guides and the majority of the NMS Youtube videos are now obsolete and very outdated. NEXT has drastically reduced the requirements for nearly all of the trophies, plus co-op makes the DLC trophies a complete and utter joke to get. v1.0, only made 2 trophies easier to get (i.e. Galapagos and The Sentinel) but both of them will come naturally if you play with NEXT installed and follow the story and complete the numerous side missions :).

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

On 7/28/2018 at 10:02 PM, HuntingFever said:

NEXT has changed so much that the written Guides and the majority of the NMS Youtube videos are now very outdated. NEXT has drastically reduced the requirements for nearly all of the trophies, plus co-op makes the DLC trophies a complete and utter joke to get. v1.0, only made 2 trophies easier to get (i.e. Galapagos and The Sentinel) but both of them will come naturally if you play with NEXT installed and follow the story and complete the numerous side missions :).

Cool. Thanks for the response.

Will follow the story in the game, hopefully will be able to get most trophies naturally.

Looking forward to someone making a new NEXT trophy guide on here. ?