Friendly warning..

Kwotey

This game is more broken now after the next patch. Me, the wife and brother played this for a good 4hrs today and it crashed on me 4 times the wife 2 times and my bro 3 times. 

What makes it worse is if you are just on a planet walking and collecting there is no auto save. You either have to get in and out of your ship or keep a save point on you. 

Don't know If this is just us but be warned.. Save alot. 

It has a worse frame rate now and also my ps4 Pro and my brothers Pro sound like they are going to take off they are so loud (mine is digital his is disc). 

Edited by Kwotey
Grammatical

I only have a normal 500gb PS4 but other than the occasional stutter when walking around or momentary temp freeze when entering or leaving a planet's atmosphere or loading into the game from a cold boot, I've had zero problems since the 1.51 patch was released ?. The 1.52 and 1.53 patches will fix some stability and performance issues when they release next week so hopefully, they will fix your problems :). EDIT: You can report your problems directly to the devs and they'll look into them: https://hellogames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, MrKittyEmperor said:

The game hasn't crashed once for me yet and besides the occasional frame rate dip I haven't had any real problems yet besides the screen fading to black when warping to a new system.  Also haven't noticed my ps4 getting any louder while playing.

I've got the black screen problem but only on my upgraded save that I had from before 1.50 launched, as my new saves aren't affected by it ?.

1 minute ago, HuntingFever said:

I've got the black screen problem but only on my upgraded save that I had from before 1.50 launched, as my new saves aren't affected by it 1f914.png.

Odd I just bought the game yesterday so I have no old saves of the game.  Oh well I imagine that these are problems that will be fixed within the coming weeks.

I bought the game cheap to try out this new version of the game. I don't think this game is for me, gameplay isn't tickling my fancy. My fault for jumping the gun, but hey, live and learn. In the three hours I've played I didn't have any problems on my Pro besides some framerate hiccups here and there and a popping noise in my TV's speakers whenever you go to lightspeed in the ship. Otherwise, I'll just stick with Elite Dangerous for my spaceship fix until the industry decides to come out with a non-sim style spaceship game.

Edited by Death_Ninja

On 7/28/2018 at 6:47 PM, kidson2004 said:

Thanks for the heads up. Looks like I’ll continue to avoid this until it’s fixed up. 

There's already been a patch for the crashing and sava data corruption. 
I am not sure how that helps a person that hasn't played the game though.

On 30/07/2018 at 6:17 PM, Kwotey said:

I've tried to reach out to Hello Games. The crashing is getting worse.. Just put it on for 20mins and it crashed twice. 

I think you must have hit a weird CPU threading issue like the one that blighted the initial launch of the game until it was fixed a month later, because I've only read of a handful of people having such severe stability problems post-1.50 ?.  As well as filing a formal Support Request, I would fill in a bug report and provide as much info as possible so they can track down the cause of this problem. Post-1.51, I've only had 1 crash but that was during a moment of extreme lag on a Radioactive Planet whilst trying to access the Options Menu whilst the game was saving. HG are pushing out PC patches left and right at the moment but a big PS4 and XB1 update is due this week and should fix at least some of the stability issues.

EDIT: 1.52 is now out: https://www.nomanssky.com/2018/07/next-patch-1-52/ but 1.53 will be with us soon.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

It's so weird to read all the issues people have in this game ever since NEXT released.

I started playing this game again after 1,5 years the day NEXT came out, and didn't had a single issue yet ( <<< I probably jinxed it now )

Playing on regular PS4, if that matters.

• Like 2

I just got the game over the weekend and I played it unpatched for 3 hours and then patched it and played it again for 3 hours and no crash yet.

Also played a brand new game last night for about 4 hours and no crash either.

I'm on a PS4 Pro. And using an original disc.

I suggest if you are experiencing so many crashes, you should perhaps uninstall the game, and re-install it from scratch and then patch it. And also perhaps start from scratch (not load a save). Using old saves might also be an issue? Not sure.

On 28/07/2018 at 9:58 PM, Kwotey said:

This game is more broken now after the next patch. Me, the wife and brother played this for a good 4hrs today and it crashed on me 4 times the wife 2 times and my bro 3 times. 

What makes it worse is if you are just on a planet walking and collecting there is no auto save. You either have to get in and out of your ship or keep a save point on you. 

Don't know If this is just us but be warned.. Save alot. 

It has a worse frame rate now and also my ps4 Pro and my brothers Pro sound like they are going to take off they are so loud (mine is digital his is disc). 

Weird.  On Xbox its running amazing, on PS4 it does seem buggy.

I have about 45 hours on the NEXT version and I usually only see crashes when I try to do something while something else is trying to happen.  Open my menu while i hit a save point marker, mine florra and then hit scan real fast, teleport to base and then get in my ship, talk to someone then go into menu then leave menu.  Doing too much and the system does a memory failure basically.  The game isnt optimized enough, however I have maybe only seen 10 crashes.  About once every 5 hours.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kwotey said:

I've tried with the new patch 1.52 and it's somehow worse. Put the game on and in less than 3 mins just walking on a planet and boom.. Crashed again. Uninstalled. Its unplayable for me =(

A new Hot Fix is now live on Steam, that includes a raft of additional stability fixes and memory optimisations so with luck it might fix your particular issue when it hits the PS4 in the very near future as part of the 1.53 patch. In the mean time, I would try running through the options in Safe Mode because it could be that the game has installed itself to a bad sector on your Hard Drive ?.

18 minutes ago, JelliKnight said:

I've been having a lot of problems with the game crashing.

I've played about 8 hours and had 13 crashes. I've turned off super sampling and boost but it makes it no better.

I'm someone who normally doesn't notice frame rates, but they are shocking!

Do you have a normal PS4 handy? I ask because the stability problems could be down to a bug with the Pro compatibility ?. It wouldn't be the first time that a game works fine on a normal PS4 but runs like crap on the Pro. 

11 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Do you have a normal PS4 handy? I ask because the stability problems could be down to a bug with the Pro compatibility 1f914.png. It wouldn't be the first time that a game works fine on a normal PS4 but runs like crap on the Pro. 

I play on a pro and the wife plays on a normal.. She's had it crash a couple of times but not as often as the Pro by a long shot. She hasn't played since 1.51 so it will be interesting to see when she plays next.. 

3 hours ago, Kwotey said:

I play on a pro and the wife plays on a normal.. She's had it crash a couple of times but not as often as the Pro by a long shot. She hasn't played since 1.51 so it will be interesting to see when she plays next.. 

I suggest to try go into Safe Mode and re-build your database. Might be something there?

You've mentioned you tried to un-install and re-intall and it still crashes?

Have you tried to maybe install the game on an external hard drive and run the game from there?

I updated to the latest patch last night, 1.52 and played for about 2 hours. Not a single crash. I am on a PS4 Pro and started a brand new game (no saved games from previous versions)

Otherwise the only other suggestion would be to try a brand new hard drive and re-install the PS4 software from scratch?