Friendly warning..

Kwotey

I don't even own the game, but it wouldn't be No Mans Sky if there were not a pile of bugs and tons of patches.

At least they're doing them... I can quote a ton of other games in the same situation and no patches or a blink of support form the devs / publisher.

It boggles my mind why some people are having such horrendous stability issues, yet others (like myself) haven't had a single crash in days. I genuinely hope that whatever is causing this problem for those affected by it, can be isolated and fixed ASAP because NMS is fun when it works the way it should :(.

EDIT 1: I jinxed it, because the game just crashed on me for the first time in a week :(.

EDIT 2: The 1.55 patch is coming next week and will fix even more stability problems.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

Quite strange. I was expecting it to crash on me a few times.

I think I've played it for more than 20 hours so far and no crashes. Not a single one yet.

If I were Kwotey, I would try an external hard drive or a different internal hard drive just to make sure. I know a friend who had endless troubles with multiple games crashing and freezing on his PS4. He swapped out the hard drive with a new one and re-installed the PS4 software from scratch and he hasn't had a signal problem since.

It's worth a try if you're able to.

• Like 1

I have a regular PS4. I picked No Man's Sky up again this past week and have been having a blast. Since 1.55 if I leave it running for 2+ hours it starts getting laggy but if I close the game and restart it returns to its usual self. I am assuming there is a minor memory leak at play. 

My problem is in multi-player though. Twice this weekend it crashed on me, both multi-player with my husband, both unexpectedly.

First time we were on a planet, I was halfway through interacting with a knowledge stone. It was my instance but became his when I crashed. I was able to rejoin him but it stayed his instance after that. 

Second time was his instance. I helped him fight off some pirates, then died suddenly after we cleared them out. (Must have hit a civilian ship and not noticed). On my way back to my grave to get my inventory it crashed as soon as I activated my thrusters. He kept watch on my grave, and I could see it on his screen, but there was no grave for me to pick up when I rejoined him. RIP my massive stockpile of copper for restoring my shields. 

He has not crashed once.

I have only crashed in multi-player. 

Both PS4s hardwired, neither one is a Pro although his is almost a year newer (but same basic model, just different bundle themes). 

I hope this helps someone. I am just keeping away from multi-player unless I slim down my inventories in case of sudden disconnect death. 

On 31.07.2018 at 9:27 AM, Trellgoth said:

It's so weird to read all the issues people have in this game ever since NEXT released.

I started playing this game again after 1,5 years the day NEXT came out, and didn't had a single issue yet ( <<< I probably jinxed it now )

Playing on regular PS4, if that matters.

Same here - regular PS4, haven't been playing it for over a year, waiting for that NEXT update.
50hrs in, and I've had nothing, but couple framerate issues (yes, they were Dark Souls' Blighttown level framerate problems, but re-entering game seemed to help).
No freezes, no crashes - everything seems to work just fine (except of that damn scanning of animals).

• Like 1