Permadeath Taxi Service

iamthedotcom

It appears this thread has gotten stale it looks like the most recent successful taxi run was over a month ago.

I am currently in the Space Anomaly having just filled up my hyper drive with 5 warp cells.  I have a few million units so I am well suited to heading into the galactic center if necessary but I'd prefer not to due to time constraints.  This is the only platinum I have that the game is also not at 100% and I'd like to keep that streak alive.

Is anyone still available to taxi? I'm happy to pay it forward after the fact

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Anyone call for a taxi?

Since we're all stuck inside anyways these days, I figure I may as well get out and give some taxi rides. I'm sitting right next to the Galactic Core in my freighter, so feel free to add me and get a lift! I even have a few warp hypercores if you're out of gas :)

PSN is "kelkulus" in case that's not obvious!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Is this thread only for those that want to get this trophy out of the way? Only reason I ask is because I want this to be a complete solo RPG experience for me other than having to land at another gamers base. So this is doable even if you don't wish to rush it?

It's is doable solo, it just takes a long time.

22 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Is this thread only for those that want to get this trophy out of the way? Only reason I ask is because I want this to be a complete solo RPG experience for me other than having to land at another gamers base. So this is doable even if you don't wish to rush it?

It's doable, it takes about 30 hours or so to get to the center from a new save.

Ok I now have the trophies. But there's also a sucky part about it too. 

I wanted to help others like the guy had just helped me, so I built a base computer, portal, basically all the stuff you build in a tutorial on the guys planet who helped me. I then flew off to the nearest space station which is right next to the center of the galaxy and warped back to my new built portal. 

Quit out and reloaded to make sure my save worked, and it loaded me back at the original spacestation where I started the permadeath mode :(

I think if you want to help people with this after someone has helped you, then you must have at least reached the anomaly spacestation and had use of the portal there as I think its crossing galaxies which is why my save sent me back to my own galaxy. I had all the stuff the guy gave me, just not at the location I hoped to be in so I could help others. 

Apologies if this is already known. 

Edited by DaveMcDamage

On 28/03/2020 at 2:12 AM, kelkulus said:

Anyone call for a taxi?

Since we're all stuck inside anyways these days, I figure I may as well get out and give some taxi rides. I'm sitting right next to the Galactic Core in my freighter, so feel free to add me and get a lift! I even have a few warp hypercores if you're out of gas :)

PSN is "kelkulus" in case that's not obvious!

I have a base (built next to a portal) in a system that's only 3LY away to the core but for the life of me I can't seem to reach the center. I've already finished the Artemis Path (for the trophies) by the way and just went back to the Euclid Galaxy to continue my normal journey jumping to the centre just to experience things the traditional/vanilla way.  Now that I'm nearly there, I don't know what to do. I see that moving the R-analogue stick like how we do normally when in the galactic map worked in the OPs video... but for me I just can't seem to "lock on" to the core to press cross (X) for the jump. Is it because I have reached the core and discovered a new galaxy already, in other words I'm already in NG+?

But there's also a sucky part about it too... I think if you want to help people with this after someone has helped you, then you must have at least reached the anomaly spacestation and had use of the portal there as I think its crossing galaxies which is why my save sent me back to my own galaxy.

I did this as well, went to a space station and use the teleporter... but it took me back when I first landed in the new galaxy with broken tech and a lost starship. Had to reload my manual save and used the portal inside the anomaly to warp back to one of my established bases in the Euclid Galaxy.  Unfortunately after having built-up a base on a system at the edge of the galaxy, i can't seem to reach/fly over tot he centre. I'm a bit clueless on how to do this outside the Artemis Path.

Edited by eispan71