Permadeath Taxi Service

iamthedotcom

14 minutes ago, Willreaper41 said:

I already got the plat so the trophies don't interest me so much, but I was thinking of playing again and would like to see the center of the universe. I was so disappointed by the time I got the plat after launch I couldn't play anymore. Will be working during that time though so have to do it a different day.

I am on randomly during the week, but would be happy to help on a different day. Just will be harder to schedule. 

21 hours ago, Hoagie324 said:

Thanks a ton for helping the community by doing this! I had about 12-13 hours in Permadeath and I was already so done with it, so it’s very appreciated that you’re doing this for everybody!

I second this. I am about 20 hours in and just heading through my 3rd black hole. I thought I'd check here for some tips and bam! This great thread!

@iamthedotcom - will send you a message shortly! 

2 hours ago, Willreaper41 said:

Was just wondering if we have to have the hyper drive? I kept playing for some time in the worst solar system ever trying to buy one (if you can do that still) and now I seem to have stranded myself on a planet very far from any resources I actually need.

Without a Hyperdrive, you won't be able to Warp to the Center. The only ways to get a Hyperdrive with the NEXT update installed, are:

1: Complete the Tutorial and find the Blueprints for it.

2: Have the pre-order bonus ship installed.

3: Find a crashed ship and repair it.

4: Trade in your existing ship for a new one by bartering with an Alien pilot at the nearest Trading Post/Outpost.

Hyperdrive Blueprints were removed from the Galactic Trading Network and replaced with Drive upgrades instead, thus the above methods are the only way to get one these days.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Without a Hyperdrive, you won't be able to Warp to the Center. The only ways to get a Hyperdrive with the NEXT update installed, are:

4: Trade in your existing ship for a new one by bartering with an Alien pilot at the nearest Trading Post/Outpost.

Hyperdrive Blueprints were removed from the Galactic Trading Network and replaced with Drive upgrades instead, thus the above methods are the only way to get one these days.

Thanks for posting this. I've had a few people ask, but didn't know what to tell them. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mackayprime79 said:

Hello, I would like to say thank you for helping alot of people with this trophy :D. I sent you a request, and got a save ready for the weekend or any day that works for you. 

14 hours ago, Fletch350 said:

Thanks for offering to help people out! I have sent you a friend request for help as well. Since my initial friend request message I have everything needed and ready to go (including a mic 1f601.png)

I got your requests and hopefully you have seen my group message I sent out yesterday. I have received almost 30 requests since Monday, so once I start this weekend, keep watching for my lobby to open up. Only three people can join at a time, but it should only take me 5-7 minutes to start a new lobby. So if it looks full check back every few minutes. See you soon! 

So kind of you to do this! 

Last I played permadeath I remember having a very bad time trying to get to the Heridium deposit I needed to repair my ship. Will have to check where that stands with Next now. 

As a result I won't be able to join in the festivities this weekend, but will definitely keep my eye open if you run another taxi weekend. 

On 8/8/2018 at 9:14 PM, HuntingFever said:

Is it hard to find the Hyperdrive Blueprints without the pre-order bonus ship? 

Or is it easier to find a crashed ship and repair it? I have no idea how often that happens.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, anotherfangirl said:

Is it hard to find the Hyperdrive Blueprints without the pre-order bonus ship? 

Or is it easier to find a crashed ship and repair it? I have no idea how often that happens.

The Blueprints are story related so cannot be missed, unless the game bugs out and doesn't give them to you. Crashed ships are very common but unless you can pinpoint the distress signal via either a Signal Booster or a Transmission Tower/Beacon, you will need to be extremely lucky to just stumble across one by accident.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

7 hours ago, DragonSpear2462 said:

Wow thank you iamthedotcom for doing this! I won't be free until next weekend though, you think you can still do it? =)

Yep absolutely. I will be running the taxi service at least until the end of August. After that, I will still help, it will just be a little more infrequent. 

7 hours ago, Ash Williams said:

@iamthedotcom I don't have the game any more, just noticed this thread and wanted to say great going, very nice of you to help people!

I so desperately want to believe that one of my heroes, Ash Williams, plays No Man's Sky... 

7 hours ago, stupid0089 said:

I will definitely be adding you for this!! 

Sounds good, send me a friend request at your convenience.