Permadeath Taxi Service

iamthedotcom

8 hours ago, StarMadeKnight said:

Hey man will you still be doing this in September? I want to get these 3 trophies done and do the rest at a later date. Sunday time is fine for me, if your still up for it. For an estimated date, i'd probably be able to get everything ready by September 10th. 

Also thanks for helping people, hope good karma comes your way. 

8 hours ago, No_Heart_Wesley said:

I am very interested in doing this as well! Probably within the next few weeks if that is ok?

Thanks 

Wes

Hello to both of you and absolutely will be available to help in September. Just send me a friend request at your leisure and I will add you to a group chat. For the foreseeable future, my times listed in my first post will continue to be my schedule, but I sometimes post weekday (evenings) that I am available. 

See you soon!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, iamthedotcom said:

Hello to both of you and absolutely will be available to help in September. Just send me a friend request at your leisure and I will add you to a group chat. For the foreseeable future, my times listed in my first post will continue to be my schedule, but I sometimes post weekday (evenings) that I am available. 

See you soon!

I just can't get off the first planet in permadeath. I'll keep trying but if i can't do in a couple of days i'll probably just get platinum. Sorry if this caused any trouble. I know permadeath would be hard, but not this hard!

Edited by StarMadeKnight

2 hours ago, StarMadeKnight said:

I just can't get off the first planet in permadeath. I'll keep trying but if i can't do in a couple of days i'll probably just get platinum. Sorry if this caused any trouble. I know permadeath would be hard, but not this hard!

To you and anyone else having issues with permadeath.  I had to start over a few times before I got a suitable starting planet.  One where I had a cave near my starting location to take cover from the elements.  Use the cave as a base of operations for a bit until you gather enough supplies to make the trek to your ship, once there things become a bit easier in my opinion.  Also once you get to your ship make an autosave and then quit the game and back it up to plus or a thumb drive.  Yes permadeath can be irritating as your life support and hazard suppression deplete faster but if you get the right planet it really isn't too bad.  Hope this helps.

2 minutes ago, stupid0089 said:

To you and anyone else having issues with permadeath.  I had to start over a few times before I got a suitable starting planet.  One where I had a cave near my starting location to take cover from the elements.  Use the cave as a base of operations for a bit until you gather enough supplies to make the trek to your ship, once there things become a bit easier in my opinion.  Also once you get to your ship make an autosave and then quit the game and back it up to plus or a thumb drive.  Yes permadeath can be irritating as your life support and hazard suppression deplete faster but if you get the right planet it really isn't too bad.  Hope this helps.

Thanks for the tips, i tried a few more times without any luck. Gunna try again tomorrow. 

Just now, StarMadeKnight said:

Thanks for the tips, i tried a few more times without any luck. Gunna try again tomorrow. 

No worries, I don't know about you but I was coming back to the game from a year and a half break so jumping right into permadeath was rough but with the right planet it can be done!

Just now, stupid0089 said:

No worries, I don't know about you but I was coming back to the game from a year and a half break so jumping right into permadeath was rough but with the right planet it can be done!

I hadn't played sense a week after release. But yeah going into perma was rough for me to, hopefully i get a good planet tomorrow.  

Don't get discouraged. It definitely is a pain, but as soon as you get to your ship, it is smooth (ish) sailing. I put a ton of time into Permadeath to get to the center (112 hours), and nothing was harder than the first few hours trying to get back to my ship. On the save I eventually made it on, the ship was over an hour and a half walk... it was brutal. 

After making it to the ship, I didn't die a single other time. Just avoided most space combat when I could because I was terrible.

2 hours ago, breakXedge said:

Hey @iamthedotcom I just sent you a friend request. Can't message you on psn, hope you see this message. I'm from Barcelona but I think we can play any sunday.

Thanks a lot!

Yep I got the friend request. Unfortunately, I had to block the random messages. Somehow my name got on some list and I get a crap ton of spam messages from bots and stuff.  

I will add you to the group chat this weekend. See you Sunday!

On 9/2/2018 at 2:43 AM, StarMadeKnight said:

@iamthedotcom hey mate i'm gunna have to cancel my taxi lol, just had a few personal issues pop up the last few days and will only be online for a hour or every day for a week or so. Hopefully i haven't caused any issues, if so i'm very sorry.  

No need to apologize at all. I was still available to help a few others on Sunday. My times are still valid for the upcoming weekend. Did I already add you to the group chat on PSN?

• Like 1

On September 5, 2018 at 3:07 AM, iamthedotcom said:

No need to apologize at all. I was still available to help a few others on Sunday. My times are still valid for the upcoming weekend. Did I already add you to the group chat on PSN?

Was able to get back to things today, my mothers cat was very sick, he had to be euthanized yesterday. But no i wasn't in the group chat.   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Are you still doing this? I sent a friend request. 

Finally had a moment to work on my Permadeath save, first time logging in since the multi-player update, and turns out I had already repairedy ship I guess? Yay! I don't have any recipes for the warp cells but I do have a warp drive already courtesy of the pre-order ship. 

Either way, thank you very much for doing this. You have helped a lot of people and it's awesome. 

• Like 1

I'm still a few trophies away from the Platinum only got to warp a couple of times and then 100% the fauna on a few more planets. Hoping to be done by this weekend or next weekend. Once I've got the Plat, I'll start a new Permadeath game and if you're still available, will request your Taxi Service assistance. Thank you for continuing this.

On 10/18/2018 at 6:15 AM, iamthedotcom said:

Absolutely still helping. I've accepted your friend request. See you this weekend!

Once again I'd like to offer my thanks. Saved me many many hours of tedium. I'm wasn't able to create a save close to the center (my quest-lines are half a galaxy away), so I'm gonna try getting them done during this week and maybe joining in next weekend to get the base build :P

Sorry for the delay in response. Everyone should have been added to the NMS taxi group message at this point, and I think I have helped most of the people that have posted here. We had a session on Sunday and this evening. 1

I will also be available tomorrow around 8pm CST, as well as my posted hours this weekend. Hope everyone had a fun Halloween!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...