iamthedotcom

Permadeath Taxi Service

196 posts in this topic

I think we missed the boat man =/  Perhaps another kind soul will pick this up where it left off in the future.  Can't imagine doing this sort of thing for as long as @iamthedotcom did, massive props for being such a kind and generous soul.

Posted (edited)

@happyman778 @BlackJudas

If you guys still need the trophy I'm free for around the next five hours or so tonight. Or alternatively Saturday from 12pm - 9pm BST. My availability is pretty sporadic the rest of the week, but if neither of those times suit we can try and find an alternative. Just send me a request on PSN and we'll work something out. Same goes for anyone else still looking for the trophy. 

Quick note. To save yourselves some time, don't worry about gathering the materials for warp cells. I have some on me and can get them back by downloading my save from the cloud.  All you'll need is a hyperdrive installed on your ship :) 

Edited by FarSideOfSaturn
words are hard

Wow, an amazing offer!  I'm GMT-8 so we're 8 or 9 hours apart.  I can wake up early tomorrow, or whatever.  I'll send you a message on PSN.

Thanks very much!

11 hours ago, FarSideOfSaturn said:

@happyman778 @BlackJudas

If you guys still need the trophy I'm free for around the next five hours or so tonight. Or alternatively Saturday from 12pm - 9pm BST. My availability is pretty sporadic the rest of the week, but if neither of those times suit we can try and find an alternative. Just send me a request on PSN and we'll work something out. Same goes for anyone else still looking for the trophy. 

Quick note. To save yourselves some time, don't worry about gathering the materials for warp cells. I have some on me and can get them back by downloading my save from the cloud.  All you'll need is a hyperdrive installed on your ship :) 

I'm gonna have to take you up on this as well.

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, SajoAtine said:

I'm gonna have to take you up on this as well.

Absolutely!

Some general info for anyone looking for a ride. I'm online now and available to help for the next nine hours (until 9pm BST). Generally I'll be available between 12pm - 10pm BST on Fridays and 12pm - 9pm BST on Saturdays for the foreseeable future. I can't guarantee I'll be online other days of the week because of work but I'll do my best if anyone can't make it on Fridays and Saturdays/time difference ect. 

Regarding the game, I'm at the final stop before the galactic core. When you join my session I'll be waiting in the space station just a short flight away. Currently there's a freighter under attack right next to the space station but I haven't had any issues with it. Later on tonight I'm going to have a go at clearing that up, I'm still in the starter ship with no upgrades other than to my hyperdrive so it's probably not going to end well :lol: I'll also head out to collect resources for more warp drives. Currently I'm able to help three people at once so I'll try and find enough for the maximum of seven players. 

I don't have a mic, but all you'll have to do once you've installed a hyperdrive in your ship is join my session, head to the space station, I'll give you the warp cells, when you leave select the "galactic core" option on the galaxy map and warp.

I'll also throw down a base for the reunion trophy. I've read that it doesn't pop as long as the host is in the session, can anyone confirm? Other players are also welcome to build bases in this system. 

Finally, I have my messages set to friends only to avoid spam, so just send me a friend request and we'll arrange something. Any other questions, feel free to ask :) 

FarSideOfSaturn is AMAZING!

Thanks a ton man!

@SajoAtine Thank you! And you're welcome. 

Though I think the credit really has to go to @iamthedotcom for creating the taxi service and perfecting it. He's done a great job and helped a lot of people, without his efforts perfecting the strategy I probably wouldn't have been able to help the people who needed a ride today. He really deserves all the props in the world. 

On 04/01/2019 at 5:46 PM, FarSideOfSaturn said:

@happyman778 @BlackJudas

Thank you so so much! Sunday evening will be great for me, I'm currently trying to balance exam preparation and a bit of gaming to stop myself going insane. I'll send you a PSN message right away!

Hello everybody,

I wanted to continue the game after a long break and wanted to ask if anyone can help me through this permadeath mode. I'm from Germany, therefore, the time zone could possibly bother a bit, but I hope that someone who can find help if I can. I would be very happy if that would work.

greetings

@BlackJudas No worries at all, I enjoyed our adventure :lol: Hope you enjoy the rest of the game! 

@GraefinTascha If you still need the trophies I'll be happy to give you a lift if you haven't arranged a lift to the galactic core already. I'm free Friday/Saturdays for the foreseeable future (see post above for exact times). If you send me a friend request on PSN we can arrange a time, I see you've returned to the game after some time away so if you need me to talk you through anything just let me know. 

That is awesome for taking up the mantle @FarSideOfSaturn 

I sold the game or I would offer to give you all my resources :( Anyway, thanks for continuing to do this, even if it is only for a little while, it is incredibly cool of you. Happy New Year!!

@FarSideOfSaturn - I think I'm gonna have to take on yours generous offer, as I find myself in the middle of nowhere with over 600k LY to the centre of galaxy :)
I have almost 80 hours on my counter, have the rest of the trophies, platinum, and need just those two for reaching the core, so if you'd be so kind... 
I've sent you an invite on PSN if you don't mind :)
I'm from Poland, so me and @GraefinTascha are basically from the same time zone - friday or saturday - doesn't matter :)

@iamthedotcom That's alright man. You've already done so much for everyone, I don't think anyone could've asked more, it's a measure of your generosity that you'd be willing to do that so thanks for the gesture! 

@WrednyPL I don't mind at all! I'd say it's unlikely I'll be online on PSN before Thursday night because of work but if you send me a request with a time that works for you on Friday/Saturday, I'll accept it when I get home on Thursday and I'll make sure I'm there :) 

I would like to thank @FarSideOfSaturn for making it possible for me to reach centre of the galaxy - without your help I would be drifting through the cold space for many, many days or weeks even :)
Thanks again mate - youre awesome :)

@WrednyPL Happy to help! Congratulations on your new 100% ;) 

To anyone looking for a ride, this weekends sessions are over but I'll be available next week on Friday 18th and Saturday 19th January 12pm - 8pm (GMT). Any questions, feel free to ask here or on PSN. 

@Snickel Of course! I should be available Friday & Saturday next week at the usual times. Since you're in America, the time difference can be a problem so if necessary I can stay up later on Friday to help you out. Unfortunately I'm not able to do that on Saturday because I have work at 6am on Sunday morning, but I hope that's helpful. If you send me a friend request on PSN when you're ready we'll get you there :) 

@DDerMeister I'll do my best to help you out. If you send me a PM or a friend request we can try and work out a time :) 

Hi was wondering if anyone could help me out later today. FarSideOfSaturn might be busy, so I'm looking for help. Please message me PSN if you can help. I will also set up gaming session and ask there as well

@Leigrez No worries! You're helping people in your own way too, people are using your base for the reunion trophy :lol:

Just to let everyone know, I'm online now and available to help until 9pm GMT tonight and 12pm - 9pm GMT Saturday. See you all then :)

Hope I’ve not found this thread too late just played permadeath for first time other day and took multiple attempts just to get to the ship still trying to get use to all new things that are in it but will fix my ship and have everything set up if the taxi is still available for help please. I’m Scotland times playing if that makes a difference aswell

@GRussellSTB I'll be available to run the taxi service at my normal times this Friday & Saturday (1st & 2nd February), from 12pm - 9pm GMT both days. Just send me a friend request and I'll accept when I'm online on Friday. If those dates and times don't suit you let me know and we can try and work out another time, I'm in Scotland too so that'll make it easier for us.

Same goes for anyone else still looking for a ride. See you all at the weekend!